30 Day Account Review length? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 12-16-2010

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 78%
Default 30 Day Account Review length?

I haven't experienced too many of these, I usually burn em and forget about it, but I was wondering if they usually take 30 days, or are they done sooner?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 12-16-2010
Threadstarter  

this was a weird review, I only sold 2 items. When I sold the second one, it put my account under review the same minute (checked the email times). The total amount of money was about $300, new seller account a little over a month old, hadn't sold anything before.
Old 12-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,244 Times in 705 Posts
Longevity: 79%

Not that surprising the items were fairly high priced and is considered suspicious on brand new accounts.
Old 12-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

To save the account, I recommend listing some NON-VERO, LOW-RISK items. Go buy a few books at the dollar store if need be. Use tracking for everything you send out. Give them whatever they ask for.

These reviews usually take just about 30 days.

In this particular case, as the items were higher priced, it sounds like Amazon was suspicious and wants to hold the funds to see if there is a complaint. They probably don't totally hate you, or the account would simply be blocked. Just be on your best behavior with this account over the next 30 days. ESPECIALLY MAKE SURE TO ANSWER ANY INQUIRIES FROM YOUR BUYERS PROMPTLY! And, if one requests a refund, issue it. Sure, get the item back, but I wouldn't argue over whether or not to refund the money.
Old 12-17-2010
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
To save the account, I recommend listing some NON-VERO, LOW-RISK items. Go buy a few books at the dollar store if need be. Use tracking for everything you send out. Give them whatever they ask for.

These reviews usually take just about 30 days.

In this particular case, as the items were higher priced, it sounds like Amazon was suspicious and wants to hold the funds to see if there is a complaint. They probably don't totally hate you, or the account would simply be blocked. Just be on your best behavior with this account over the next 30 days. ESPECIALLY MAKE SURE TO ANSWER ANY INQUIRIES FROM YOUR BUYERS PROMPTLY! And, if one requests a refund, issue it. Sure, get the item back, but I wouldn't argue over whether or not to refund the money.
If my account is under review, especially during these witch hunts, and a buyer wants a refund, if the item is under $100.00, I let them keep it, and send them a money order for the balance. No need to have a refund show up on an account that is being watched. Usually you will get a good feedback for outstanding customer service.
Old 12-18-2010
Threadstarter  

I have about 15 non vero items listed as well. Thanks for your responses, I'm not worried about losing the account, happens all the time
Old 12-18-2010

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axcend View Post
I have about 15 non vero items listed as well. Thanks for your responses, I'm not worried about losing the account, happens all the time
i was wondering if you actually sold any of the non-vero items...or do you list this to make the account look less suspcious?
Old 12-19-2010
Threadstarter  

actually yes I got a bite lol. I had a used camera, acceptable listed for $40 above amazon's own price on selling 2 of them. I took down my listing on it and messaged the person who asked me what kind of condition and told them that it broke yesterday and I was taking down the listing, and apologizing for any inconvenience. BTW, here is the email they sent me, it doesn't say anything about 30 days in it. I believe its because someone in my area burned amazon for $700 with 2 of the same items I sold, with another one.

Hello from Amazon.

We are writing to let you know that we are conducting a review of your selling account. During this review, your funds will be temporarily reserved in your Marketplace Payments account.

We conduct account reviews in support of our commitment to improving the customer experience. These reviews are intended to ensure the timely shipment of orders and compliance with our selling policies.

Please continue to fulfill orders and list only items that you are able to ship by or before the promise date.

For information on how you may be able to expedite this review, search on “Velocity Limits and Account Reviews” in our seller Help.

We will notify you via e-mail when our account review is complete.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com