eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Got a Question abotu Amazon Claims (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/26834-got-question-abotu-amazon-claims.html)

fireboy101 01-09-2011 03:12 AM

Got a Question abotu Amazon Claims

So just a few hours ago, I received an email with an A to Z claim, the buyer indicates that the item he received was defective. The item is over $100. I replied to everything and told him, the item sold was exactly as described and everything works fine. And I told him that a 20% restocking fee would be accessed on a return. So he does the claim, and I just submit the same response to Amazon. If I happen to lose the case, how does Amazon charge my account? Do they take away from my account that is associated with the deposits? Also, is there a chance I may get banned or suspended with one A to Z claim on record? This is my only account, not used for making money, but selling unused items. I have sold 50+ items, no books or CDs, and have 12 positive feedback, all 100%.

trig 01-09-2011 10:46 AM

bottom line is if u want to keep the account, refund the item and move on.
should you decide not to go this route and lose the case, you will have a negative balance in your account which will come out of your next sales.

AZ claims are the worst imo -- just refund and move on asap!

newtools 01-09-2011 05:09 PM

I agree with Trig.

I would also ask them to return the item and tell them you will send them a link to an image of a postal tag they can print and attach to the box for return. tell them as soon as they put it in the mail and you can see it on the tracking you will refund them in full.

An A-Z claim will kill your acct. better to have a return then a dead acct.

ovidiu 01-09-2011 05:13 PM

And I told him that a 20% restocking fee would be accessed on a return

Forget it. An A to Z has been filed. You are not getting any restocking fee. No matter who is at fault, an A to Z tilts the table so far in his favor that it is hopeless. Ask him to cancel the A to Z, upon which you will provide a refund.

The only time I won an A to Z was when Amazon was at fault because they were the ones who had written a bad description for the listing.

cherrqell 01-09-2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireboy101 (Post 195684)
So just a few hours ago, I received an email with an A to Z claim, the buyer indicates that the item he received was defective. The item is over $100. I replied to everything and told him, the item sold was exactly as described and everything works fine. And I told him that a 20% restocking fee would be accessed on a return. So he does the claim, and I just submit the same response to Amazon. If I happen to lose the case, how does Amazon charge my account? Do they take away from my account that is associated with the deposits? Also, is there a chance I may get banned or suspended with one A to Z claim on record? This is my only account, not used for making money, but selling unused items. I have sold 50+ items, no books or CDs, and have 12 positive feedback, all 100%.

Item probably still works. Buyer probably changed his mind. You can probably resell it and at least get some of your money back, but with the A to Z claim, he doesnt even have to return it. I would try to get him to drop the claim, but you are now on Amazons radar, and you may go into review. This can go either way. You probably will take a hit on the feedback also.

My standard operating procedure with Amazon is, if a buyer is unsatisfied for any reason. I refund, and let them keep the item, or send another one, along with a gift card, or cash rebate, no questions asked.

The account is just too valuable to my livlihood to let it go for 75-100 dollars. Just the cost of doing business.

iandy3g 01-09-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fireboy101 (Post 195684)
I replied to everything and told him, the item sold was exactly as described and everything works fine.

If thats the attitude you had you won't have the account long anyway. How do you know everything works fine?