eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Dazed and confused on Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/29135-dazed-confused-amazon.html)

fab3rd 03-14-2011 12:40 AM

Dazed and confused on Amazon

So I started an Amazon account thinking I could make some money there until I get another e-bay account going. It has not gone well. I mostly sold clothes on e-bay, can't do that on Amazon. I ended up only being about to list about half of what the items I had that weren't clothing on the site, but I also have hundreds of motor belts, and thought if I upgraded to Pro I could sell them. But all I managed to do by upgrading was wipe out the 3 pathetic little payments I had and now I owe them 12 cents. I requested permission to sell in automotive, below is the message I got from them. I don't understand what there telling me. It's like on the one hand they say you can't have 2 account, "but if you do" you need a different bank. It says something about canceling one and opening another but will I then forfeit the "pro" fees they charged me and have to relist my other items. Does anyone know what would be the easiest thing to do here? Thanks!

You can request approval to sell in "Automotive" category by completing an approval request form:

Contact Us - Amazon Services

You can then sign up for a Selling on Amazon account by going to the following page and completing the short registration process:

Sell products online with Amazon Seller Central Marketplace

Because you have an existing Marketplace seller account, you will not be able to register with the same e-mail address and password that you use for your current account. You'll need to choose the option to create a new account when you are registering.

In general, sellers on Amazon.com are allowed only one account. A Selling on Amazon account will allow you to sell all of the products you currently list in your Marketplace account and it will also allow you to sell "Automotive Parts" products.

Sellers may not list in the same product category or sell the same products through two separate accounts. Please note that Amazon reserves the right to close accounts that violate our rules.

We do recognize that sellers may need to open a second account to accommodate the range of products they are offering as they develop their business. If you create a Selling on Amazon account, you will not be able to merge your new account with your current Marketplace selling account. The feedback history for the accounts will remain separate.

If you decide to create a second account, your second account must have different financial information from your current Marketplace account. The accounts may not share the same credit card or the same bank account.

You may choose to close your current Marketplace account in favor of a single Selling on Amazon account. For information about closing your Marketplace account, see the following Help page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200306510#closure
Hope this information was useful.

Thank you for selling on Amazon.com.

Here We Go Again 03-14-2011 08:01 AM

It is talking about the TYPE of Amazon account you have.
How OLD is the account you currently have?
The "Selling on Amazon" type of account is the new style (as in the past few years).
So the Amazon account you have looks like it is a older type.

slapped 03-14-2011 09:22 AM

If you want to sell Auto Parts Complete the Approval Form FIRST
When you get approved, then Create a NEW Amazon Marketplace account Using a Different E-mail address than your first Amazon account;

Make SURE that the E-mail address you use in you SECOND Amazon account is the SAME E-mail Address you used for the Automotive approval Form

When you have your approval to sell auto parts, and a NEW Sellers account,,Close your First account

It is all right there in the Letter, call Amazon and talk to them they good about that.

fab3rd 03-14-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Here We Go Again (Post 211137)
It is talking about the TYPE of Amazon account you have.
How OLD is the account you currently have?
The "Selling on Amazon" type of account is the new style (as in the past few years).
So the Amazon account you have looks like it is a older type.

The account is brand new, almost 2 weeks old. I guess I better read up on Amazon, I don't really understand the difference between accounts. It's super easy to list stuff, but they are very different from e-bay. Thanks for your help!

amazonian 03-14-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fab3rd (Post 211180)
The account is brand new, almost 2 weeks old. I guess I better read up on Amazon, I don't really understand the difference between accounts. It's super easy to list stuff, but they are very different from e-bay. Thanks for your help!

Well amazon does a very poor job explaining account types. Even the reps dot know. In order to get the right type of account you must SIGN UP with the account that cost $40 per month. If you SIGN UP for the free account and then upgrade you will have the old account type.