eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Problem with buyer. Any ideas on this doozy? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/31306-problem-buyer-any-ideas-doozy.html)

schuerm26 05-11-2011 07:58 PM

Problem with buyer. Any ideas on this doozy?

Ok. I listed 2 items. They were video games. I accidentally listed them under the wrong item. The covers looked the same and I wasn't paying attention. One of them sold and I shipped it. The buyer was actually great and just said he would take the one I shipped him (the 2 games were part of a series so he just got an earlier game in the series). Before the initial buyer told me the problem, the second one sold. Once I found out I refunded the second buyer and told him what had happened. This was probably about 2 weeks ago.

So today, I check my email and I have an email from the second buyer. It states that "he hasn't received the game but appreciates the refund. he will leave me great feedback once he gets the game and thanks me for the refund because most sellers aren't that nice."

Well there is a reason they aren't that nice because people don't give inventory away for free. It was a mistake and he was refunded.

Can the buyer leave me negative feedback for this? Obviously he is expecting the game for free.

Thanks for the help. Yet another reason why basing things off feedback and customer ratings is ridiculous.

Gamefreak 05-11-2011 08:40 PM

Yes the buyer can leave you feedback for the item. They can leave feedback up to 60 days after purchasing the item.

You need to clearly explain the situation and tell the buyer NO ITEM IS BEING SHIPPED. But nicely.

Good luck with....

ShadyOne 05-11-2011 08:44 PM

He can leave negative feedback for this. Tell him that their is a 60 day wait fot the game. :D

I would contact him and explain the problem, hint that you are "trying" to sort him out a free game though and will let him know if you can. Just letting him down slowly ;)

cherrqell 05-11-2011 11:12 PM

If this is a new account, and you dont want to risk irritating this buyer, you may want to send the item. He can be a nutjob, and leave you a neg which could effect your account. Tough call. Good luck. He may just leave you a neg for cancelling the sale.

poorgirl 05-11-2011 11:15 PM

Send him an amazon message and told him that was your mistake and you have refund him the payment. And tell him how appreciate you are for being understanding and tell him you sincerely apologize for this inconvenience.......etc. I think he will accept this is an accident and accept your apology.

poorgirl 05-11-2011 11:20 PM

Then, if he still insist leaving you a neg feedback, then, you know we can not control him but we know we have already tried hard to work out with him and do our best, then, no worries, just move on. Good luck!

Imback2010 05-11-2011 11:30 PM

He has to be insane to say

" Most Sellers Are not that nice"

What Gives..... Just as good as the Runts to open up disputes via chargback style...

Just Tell him super nicely that there is some confusion and that you listed the item by mistake and apologize like crazy... That usually works nice

poorgirl 05-11-2011 11:40 PM

I agree that most sellers are that not nice, but this is the way I do my business all the time and it works well for me like 95% of the time :)

Melissa1971 05-12-2011 03:18 PM

Amazon doesn't approve of Sellers refunding and then also giving the item out for free, as you can imagine. Not good business. I doubt they read all emails so they probably won't be aware you brought this up so no biggie

Thanks for thinking of me to buy from, and i am glad to hear the refund process went smoothly, it was applied to your account. Take Good Care

That's a similar note to one I sent a customer, under a little different circumstances he was scamming. Amazon wasn't happy and told me NOT to give the item to him for free. I assume if you contact them you would receive similar orders. Good luck, sorry to hear this happened to you.

Melissa1971 05-12-2011 03:21 PM

This guy never left me bad feedback either. But it's your call and it's a new account so that makes a difference

Good luck :yar:

GTB 05-12-2011 04:47 PM

why don`t you offer the game at a discount,
explain that you cannot give the game to him for free,but will give a nice chunk of discount(your profit) & send for free as it was your mistake and you are sincerely sorry,
its worth a try,
i do this when i make a mistake,show the buyer you are sorry & you care about them!
but if he`s trying it on to get the game for free he might not budge,
but you defo don`t want that neg,
some people in life are totally unreasonable and will neg you even if you give a refund,send the game and offered another game at half price,
you just never know!
not everyone is as reasonable & great as me i guess

Road-Kill 05-12-2011 06:08 PM

You can get it trouble for refunds too in most categories. The best thing to do when you mess up is buy the item from another seller or a store and fill the order, If the item is real expensive at some point you will have to decide if it's worth losing money on the deal or have to bite the buyer and tell the buyer the truth.

If I mess up I usually fill my orders, unless it's impossible not to. It sounds like a inexpensive item, so for maybe $10-$20 you could have bought it instead of risking to piss off 1 or 2 customers.