What can't you sell on Amazon? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 08-22-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 73%
Default What can't you sell on Amazon?

Hi, well I'm finally going to attempt to sell on the big river! After reading some threads here, I see a lot of mentions about VERO items on Amazon, i.e they're a big no-no.

I know what VERO is on e Bay, but I can't find any info for VERO in relation to Amazon.

So what should I steer clear from. Obviously I'm not talking about @@@@@, but I was hoping to sell some branded goods.

Any help or advise would be really appreciated :-)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadenough01 View Post
Hi, well I'm finally going to attempt to sell on the big river! After reading some threads here, I see a lot of mentions about VERO items on Amazon, i.e they're a big no-no.

I know what VERO is on e Bay, but I can't find any info for VERO in relation to Amazon.

So what should I steer clear from. Obviously I'm not talking about @@@@@, but I was hoping to sell some branded goods.

Any help or advise would be really appreciated :-)
As a new seller, your branded items may be in a restricted catagory. You may have to start off by selling benign, non high risk items until you can establish yourself as a trustworthy, competent, and consistant businessperson. Until then, you will be under constant surveillance by the Amazon Gestapo.

And rememeber, dont go there with any lofty illusions.......the customer is ALWAYS right!
ovidiu (09-08-2011)
Old 08-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Thank you for your response! So there is no VERO list as such? Therefore, items which can't be listed on e Bay can actually be listed on Amazon providing they are genuine?
Old 08-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thank you for your response! So there is no VERO list as such? Therefore, items which can't be listed on e Bay can actually be listed on Amazon providing they are genuine?
No Vero program per se, but you DO have to apply and be approved to sell certain items on Amazon.
Clothing, media, and software are examples of catagories that you have to apply for, and be approved to sell on. Its a long and tedious process, so I hope you are patient.

It will take a long and laboring process to get established on Amazon. So build your accounts slowly, pass your reviews, try and solicit feedback as subtlety as possible, and stay out of trouble.

Last edited by cherrqell; 08-22-2011 at 10:48 AM.
Old 08-22-2011
Threadstarter  

Thank you again for your help :-) I have plenty of patience lol, I stuck with e Bay for 8 years! I'm looking forward to this - I know there will be obstacles along the way, but it will be great having more than one outlet for my sales.
Old 08-22-2011

Longevity: 78%

Certain health and beauty items. But sometimes you'll get lucky and others have listed it in 1-2 other categories you are approved to sell in

Enjoy~
Old 08-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Thank you again for your help :-) I have plenty of patience lol, I stuck with e Bay for 8 years! I'm looking forward to this - I know there will be obstacles along the way, but it will be great having more than one outlet for my sales.
Cheerio mate!
Old 08-22-2011

Amazon doesnt really have a vero program. they seem to rely on buyer feedback to remove your listings.

If you get a negative stating that your item is ⊗⊗⊗⊗ after about 24 hours amazon will block that listing and send you an email of a policy violation.

There are a lot of items you cannot sell on amazon. I was trying to sell the samsung galaxy 10.1 16gb but cannot.
Old 08-22-2011

Longevity: 75%

Husbands - you cannot sell them on Amazon sadly

The Following User Says Thank You to GrannyT For This Useful Post:
boszika (09-08-2011)
Old 08-22-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Have you not gotten approval yet from Seller Performance? Tell them you are an authorized husband distributor.
The Following User Says Thank You to ovidiu For This Useful Post:
GrannyT (08-22-2011)
Old 08-22-2011

Longevity: 76%

Literally anything name brand or vero, and you will be booted very fast.
Old 09-07-2011

New to the board here. Have a lot of different things going on. Opened up my first Amazon account a couple weeks ago and have been sending generic product from China over. Couple questions:
1.SOme of the items I have sourced (such as a ring and a glove) have good margins and rankings but are listed under clothing. How tough is it to get on to the clothing. As of right now I've only had about 700 sales and 30 feedback. Does this matter at all. I see a lot of items in the clothing section that I would like to get on, but don't know anything about the process. Anyone who has gone through it could you please share.

2. I would like to get a couple more Amazon accounts opened up so that I can push some more product out there, possibly a little bit higher risk. WOuld like to get a VCC but have been told I need to establish myself more on this forum. Will do. But I would like to getthem a little more ASAP if possible. I have other friends that have purchased through here that could maybe vouch for me, would that help.

Thanks in advance,
J
Old 09-07-2011

Send a message via AIM to AyeDGAF Send a message via MSN to AyeDGAF

well all i know is you cant sell on Clothing/Apparel/Shoes/ dont remember the rest.. i dont know when will Amazon let us sell there again. and for Vero, you basically can sell anything you want even if its vero but once you get caught... gg
Old 09-07-2011
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Amazon does not have a VERO program, but they have a ZERO tolerance policy for counterfeits. If they even SUSPECT that you may be selling them, the account is history.

But the biggest killer of Amazon accounts that I have seen is seller attitude. Amazon is all about the customer experience. They expect you to be polite and professional at all times, ship quickly, and act like an adult. If you can't handle that, then Amazon will not work for you.
Old 09-08-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

Opened up my first Amazon account a couple weeks ago and have been sending generic product from China over

If these "generic" products are counterfeits, that's your first mistake. Counterfeits=suspension on Amazon. No way around it.
Old 09-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
New to the board here. Have a lot of different things going on. Opened up my first Amazon account a couple weeks ago and have been sending generic product from China over. Couple questions:
1.SOme of the items I have sourced (such as a ring and a glove) have good margins and rankings but are listed under clothing. How tough is it to get on to the clothing. As of right now I've only had about 700 sales and 30 feedback. Does this matter at all. I see a lot of items in the clothing section that I would like to get on, but don't know anything about the process. Anyone who has gone through it could you please share.

2. I would like to get a couple more Amazon accounts opened up so that I can push some more product out there, possibly a little bit higher risk. WOuld like to get a VCC but have been told I need to establish myself more on this forum. Will do. But I would like to getthem a little more ASAP if possible. I have other friends that have purchased through here that could maybe vouch for me, would that help.

Thanks in advance,
J
Clothing category requires you already have an established website set up and a history selling clothing. Ebay doesn't count, they want a real website showing you know your stuff

Just curious... but what do you mean generic items from China? Do they have a real name at the top and a real upc code?
The Following User Says Thank You to Melissa1971 For This Useful Post:
Jeremy (09-10-2011)
Old 09-08-2011
Threadstarter  

Hey guess what - Amazon DOES have a VERO policy, they just don't tell you about it until you've breached it!

Exactly the same as eB, and I'm guessing it has the same members. The rights owner sends a request to Amazon to pull a listing because they 'believe' it is counterfeit (only reason is it's cheaper than RRP). Even when you've provided proof to this brand, again, it's the same as eBay.

Truth is, these brands don't want anyone selling their products for lower than RRP and after you have verified your information with the brand (i.e provided supplier details and invoices) they then just proceed to IGNORE you so that even though you have genuine products you STILL can't list.

I used to go to trade and retail auction houses and picked up car loads of absolutely unbelievable deals each week but there is no point now as I'd have to check each lot wasn't banned due to VERO. It's just silly.
Old 09-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melissa1971 View Post
Clothing category requires you already have an established website set up and a history selling clothing. Ebay doesn't count, they want a real website showing you know your stuff

Just curious... but what do you mean generic items from China? Do they have a real name at the top and a real upc code?
Thanks for the insight Melissa. My products right now are items that have no brand name and are not counterfeit or copies of any branded items. keeping it simple to small things and trying to avoid the wrath or oversight of Amazon right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jeremy For This Useful Post:
Melissa1971 (09-11-2011)
Old 09-11-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post

Rent To Own (A Chain here in California)

As Dad always said, why buy the cow when you can get the milk...

Sorry that's bad
Old 09-11-2011

Why buy the pig just for a sausage
Old 09-12-2011
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyT View Post

You are a bad girl Granny.
Old 09-13-2011

Longevity: 76%

If it doesnt have an SKU you have to be approved (in every desired category), which is impossible if you dont have a secure/legit website and you also need a mature selling account. I am telling you right off the bat, that getting approved will not happen for 99.9% of you, as it took me years to accomplish this.