eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Questions about Amazon Ghost (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/39028-questions-about-amazon-ghost.html)

Rhikimscher 11-09-2011 07:14 AM

Questions about Amazon Ghost

Hi guys,

I bought Amazon Ghost which is very good- nice one aspkin! I do have a few questions though...Dont want to make any mistakes!

Questions regarding step 3. Internet setup.

This is the setup I have at home:

Wireless router and landline phone are both plugged in to landline phoneline via DSL filter. There is no cable or DSL modem (that I know of!). No laptop or desktop is directly connected to the router using ethernet cable.

Various laptops, which have been used on Amazon before all connect to this router.

There is the main desktop I would like to use, which connects to this router via USB network adapter.

Q1
Is this the combined broadband modem and router the amazon ghost guide is talking about?

Q2
Is that the reason I am having the problem in the box below?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I cant find Wan MAC for an O2 wireless box iii..
I have "Physical Address" ##:##:L#:##:##:## which I have no option to change.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q3
Will this problem be sorted if I can convince my ISP (O2) to send me a new router?

Q4
What about this whole "first connecting device" thing.. You know the setup of my internet connection at home. Does that mean that if I wake up in the morning and the first laptop I turn on is the "first connecting device" so if this is blocked by amazon. Or is the first connecting device the router in my case?

When I type "getmac" in cmd I get two MAC addresses:

Physical Address ||| Transport Name
XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX ||| Media Disconnected
XX:XX:XX:XX:XX:XX ||| \Device\Tcpip_{blahblahblah}

Q5
What does that mean?

Q6
Is there a free alternative to SMAC?

Q7
I tried giving them my Natwest savings account. Standard account number and sort code, but they said this account will not accept payments to be disbursed or something??

Q8
Maybe it was an e-savings account? Is it possible to open a savings account rather than another account to use for Amazon?

I think thats all the questions I have! Any advice on any of the points would be appreciated..thanks

mkr2204 11-10-2011 09:14 AM

Answer to the first few questions - go buy a pay as you go dongle it makes it alot easy and safer PC world have vodaphone ones with £10 credit on for £20 at the moment, the three ones are available with 1gb on for around the same online

Savings accounts should be fine, though I've never used natwest so cant tell you anything regarding them

If you need an account guaranteed to work then you can get one from mycashplus.com, only need passport number on signup or utlility bill as ID