"Sold , Ship Now" emails dangerous? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 11-10-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 84%
Default "Sold , Ship Now" emails dangerous?

Does anyone know if opening "sold , ship now" emails from amazon could link accounts? I have different computers each one of them with a single amazon accounts...If I open those emails from two separate accounts using the same computer could link those two accounts? Can they see your IP address on their side when you open their emails from your GMAIL or AOL webmail inboxes?
Thanks in advance for your inputs
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-10-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 86%

If you are absolute paranoid about it, disable automatic image downloading from your inbox
Old 11-11-2011
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by alternate View Post
Does anyone know if opening "sold , ship now" emails from amazon could link accounts? I have different computers each one of them with a single amazon accounts...If I open those emails from two separate accounts using the same computer could link those two accounts? Can they see your IP address on their side when you open their emails from your GMAIL or AOL webmail inboxes?
Thanks in advance for your inputs
Dunno if it's dangerous, but it's worded just so and pisses me off to see it.
Old 11-11-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 82%

I open all of mine on my Iphone and haven't ran into any issues. Been doing it for 3 years now and I have way more than 2 accounts going.
Old 11-12-2011

use aol email
Old 11-12-2011
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 81%

Yes.... Beacons will get you. They did me in once. My friend that lives across country had an account and she forwarded me an email. I have never been on her computer or account, and bam within minutes her account got banned. So I am positive that beacons are in effect. However if the email is opened on a computer that has not been linked to previous banned account then it could just be luck that havent been banned.

As for Iphone I would worry that if you have a problem with one account than all will go down at once. Serious consideration!!!
Old 11-12-2011

Longevity: 90%

i'm going to have to disagree on this....been opening emails from other accounts on same computer/laptop and never been suspended/linked because of it.
but if people want to be more cautious then don't open the emails other then the computer/laptop the account was made from

Quote:
Originally Posted by newjerseymax View Post
Yes.... Beacons will get you. They did me in once. My friend that lives across country had an account and she forwarded me an email. I have never been on her computer or account, and bam within minutes her account got banned. So I am positive that beacons are in effect. However if the email is opened on a computer that has not been linked to previous banned account then it could just be luck that havent been banned.

As for Iphone I would worry that if you have a problem with one account than all will go down at once. Serious consideration!!!
Old 11-13-2011

Emails do not link you to any other account. Their is no tracking if you open the email, now if you click the link inside is another story, but i am positive you'll be fine if you open it anymore weather its a banned computer/account or fresh.
Old 11-26-2011
almosteverythingg

Longevity: 0%
Default Amazon

Hi,
I also use my iPhone but I always seem to have my accounts closed or deleted. I always seem to be getting the "your account failed out seller process" email. How do you do it? Like what company do you use for phone number and what credit cards and bank accounts do you use? Or does that have nothing to do with what is happening to me?
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardfelon View Post
I open all of mine on my Iphone and haven't ran into any issues. Been doing it for 3 years now and I have way more than 2 accounts going.
Old 07-16-2012
blueskyorders

Longevity: 0%

I dont' think opening email from the same computer or iphone will link your accounts.I have more than 5 account up running ,the "sold,ship now notification " are all forwarded to the same iphone.no problem so far.if you are worried, and if you use gmail like I do, after you login in your gmail account, you can go to "settings "-"click "general"- click the "Ask before displaying external content" option. that may be safer.
Old 07-16-2012

Longevity: 68%

I can confirm that opening Sold Ship Now emails can not be linked back to any account!

You will be SAFE

I have opened emails for accounts in good standing using computers that had banned accounts before ... and I've never been banned -ever-
Old 07-17-2012

Longevity: 73%

I already did it and it's safe to do, it's useless too, because "Sold, Ship Now" emails don't contain buyers shipping information.

Last edited by Lheonard; 07-17-2012 at 03:32 AM.
Old 07-17-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

No beacons in these amazon notifications. Should be fine.
Old 07-19-2012

Longevity: 69%

I have 6 accounts up and running and opening all the emails on my iPhone which I have previously opened old banned accounts emails on also, over a year I have been doing this and never have I been linked. I use MSN for all accounts.