eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Amazon new rolling reserve (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/39675-amazon-new-rolling-reserve.html)

alwaystrying 11-24-2011 01:18 PM

Amazon new rolling reserve

Amazon is sneaking in a rolling reserve on accounts. My accounts all have a rolling reserve on them .This happened overnight.This is fkd up.They were thinking of having 1 week transfers but put that idea on hold. So they now have snuck it in on the holiday season. I had a gut feeling that with the new requirements that they would sneak this in. This is going to be tough. They feel sellers are going to hit run because of the dec 26th deadline. Thats just bs.
Sales are crap as it is and buyers are going to trash sellers for spite.I see It already.

Amazon is actually hurting themselves in the long run.I do not see any good outcome of this I feel amazon and ebay will be a dead venue with all the problems just trying to keep an account. Going legit will not help becausthey can shut that down and your options are gone. Im not pushing any sales on amazon because i can't access my funds and they can close my accounts at will and im out my merchandise.

Have to see how it plays out but as i see it the good old days of making money on line are just a blurred memory :pry:

pod 11-24-2011 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alwaystrying (Post 289802)
My accounts all have a rolling reserve on them

How old and solid are these accounts? High risk items?

I know the holiday season brings up all the extra security and grief, but curious on old accounts that are in good standing

alwaystrying 11-24-2011 02:27 PM

Items are legit dvd low cost single digits. And older dvd's not even new releases. Its a shame a real shame amazon has become a waste of time too sell on and i do not see anything good happening on the site every month it gets worse and worse small sellers crushed by large sellers. Large sellers are amazon sub companies.

The fufilment by amazon is smoke and mirrors to swindle sellers of their goods. you have to read between the lines on that subject. I read horror stories of sellers trying to get their stuff back and couldn't without a large fee. buyers purchasing items and getting the wrong item either used or totally different .Amazon is currupt as with any other website unless it is your own.

beaches 11-24-2011 10:34 PM

I received this today . They have implemented this on a whim. Nice job amazon Fk us more without vaseline:

Greetings from Amazon Seller Support.

The reserve amount reflects orders confirmed as shipped during the 14 days immediately preceding each settlement date, per our policy on disbursements for sellers on the Individual selling plan.

Generally, Amazon Services first settles your account 21 days after you register with Seller Central. Subsequently, the settlement process repeats every 7 days. Each automatic weekly disbursement will reflect the net proceeds for orders you confirmed as shipped between 14 and 21 days prior to the disbursement date.

Gamefreak 11-24-2011 10:57 PM

high risk department... DVDs... at least its not a complete review. You will still have access to your money. Just keep up your performance and all should be well.

jeffweico 11-25-2011 01:34 AM

As I understand it, the way to avoid this is to sign up for a Pro-Merchant account. If you sell more than 40 items a month it makes sense to do so anyway.

Of course, doing so will NOT guarantee that Amazon won't force some sort of reserve on you.

And I feel the OP's pain when it comes to DVD's. I once bought 300 DVD's at $2 each. They are legitimate DVD's, but the kind that you find in the $5 bargain bin at Wal-Mart, NOT the new releases.

And that is what you can get for them. Maybe $5. MAYBE. Deduct from that the $1 per item selling fee, PLUS the 15% commission fee. Shipping is a wash. Amazon gets $1.75, you get $3.25. Deduct the $2 cost, and you are left with $1.25 in profit for each one sold. And they will take TIME to sell! It took me six months to get rid of my inventory.

When you figure in the inevitable returns, your profit is even lower. Then, figure out how much time you spent listing and shipping them. If you figure your time as worth anything more than $1 per hour, you are operating at a loss.

Not to mention, I lost that account - it was my REAL account. Why? I got the recopied media letter!
:mad:

cardfelon 11-25-2011 03:10 PM

They just must be doing it on certain accounts. I checked all of mine and none of them have it. I tried to disburse to see what happened and it went through. Got the email from Amazon about 1 hour later saying the money was on the way.

Wonder if this has to do with your customer metrics numbers?

alwaystrying 11-25-2011 06:17 PM

no Some accounts are new but like i said I'm hardly selling and I think they are picking and choosing what accounts to do it to. A buddy of mine has 10 older acc and 5 new accounts and 2 of his new ones are like mine. so i guess it will be more common soon.

Gamefreak 11-29-2011 04:30 AM

I got hit with on yesterday. Featured account...

rsot 11-29-2011 10:44 AM

Another reason to spread the damage.

Red X 11-29-2011 11:22 AM

Is this for every account, or certain ones? What if I haven't sold anything In 9 months, will I be ok if I list something for around $700+? I'm not asking If I can list this, my account can handle it, but I need to withdraw the cash asap afterwards, I can NOT wait.

rsot 11-29-2011 11:42 AM

1 item for 700+ might/would likely cause you problems if you have no solid selling history.

Red X 11-29-2011 11:47 AM

My monthly limit has always been around 3-4k

shadowboy 11-29-2011 02:20 PM

How are you sure pro merchant ones are ok? I have a pro merchant one too but that one appears to have only 14 days auto disburse on it. Amazon are def fcking up here.

Anyone signed the petiton? Its got 40 plus on it and the first one was signed back only on the 25th looks like. so its def gaining some momentum. Pass it on guys!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/k...ts-every-24hrs

Artann 11-29-2011 11:43 PM

Pro-Merchant acct aren't immune to is either. I had that on a Pro-Merchant acct for like a month.

shadowboy 11-30-2011 11:29 AM

pod 11-30-2011 11:41 AM

Hate to be negative Nick, but Amazon wont care one bit about a petition

They are doing this to protect themselves and buyers from scammers and bad sellers

This time of year the bad guys crawl out like cockroaches and will try and take advantage of fast payouts

Good sellers get hurt, but they wont care if it means protecting themselves. We have to deal with this kind of crap this time of year....

Its just the hard truth, sorry

Artann 12-01-2011 12:48 PM

^^ true words of wisdom!

boszika 12-01-2011 02:30 PM

@jeffweico- That is a true horror story.
I tried to sell books this way. It is not a problem, they sell but after shipping I was actually in minus. It would be even worth it if people would leave feedback,but on Amazon, it is not very often.

sax4 12-06-2011 11:54 AM

I have a new account and was expecting a $700 payout, but in fact they only transferred $100 and the rest is in reserve.

Hopefully things will calm down after a certain winter festival.

pod 12-06-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sax4 (Post 293156)
expecting a $700 payout, but in fact they only transferred $100 and the rest is in reserve.

Did email say $700 and only $100 landed? Or did they tell you what was in reserve in transfer email? I did a transfer today and email says whole amount. But curious if that doesnt mean anything for sure....

sax4 12-06-2011 12:58 PM

No email said $100, but I was expecting to get paid the whole lot. Clearly didn't look at the payment screen very carefully. Will I get the rest in the next disbursement date?