questions about new seller account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 11-30-2011

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 80%
Default questions about new seller account

Hello, I had my Amazon seller account suspended over a year ago, and created a new account which was also linked and suspended. I bought Amazon Ghost but still have a few questions about setting up a new account without getting suspended again.

From what I understand, I need to buy a new router and a new computer or change the MAC address on my computer. I already bought a new router but my problem is I am unable to change the MAC address on my desktop computer or laptop. I have tried almost every MAC spoofing program and nothing works.

My question is: Is changing my MAC address extremely important? If everything else is different except for my MAC address, will I still be linked?

Also, if I buy a wireless USB adapter for my computer, will it change the MAC address? Or is the only option to buy a new NIC adapter or a new computer?

Thanks in advance for your help.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-30-2011

Longevity: 75%

MAC address is VERY important!!! any USB network device (wired or wireless) would have its own unique mac address! so yes that will work.
Old 11-30-2011

Longevity: 77%

VMware is your friend
Old 11-30-2011

Longevity: 71%

Just want to jump in here for a quick answer. If you change your mac address and you still have a problem. your ip provider will still show your ip unless it is dynamic. But it will still show your geo location. lets say you have bell south in austin tx you change your card and lets say you changed your modem from your provider and received a new one. it may change the ip a bit but wont it show austin TX. so can't they link it like that.just wondering about that. I read many threads but seems like in my opinion it will get you tripped up.
Old 11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippedoffagain View Post
Just want to jump in here for a quick answer. If you change your mac address and you still have a problem. your ip provider will still show your ip unless it is dynamic. But it will still show your geo location. lets say you have bell south in austin tx you change your card and lets say you changed your modem from your provider and received a new one. it may change the ip a bit but wont it show austin TX. so can't they link it like that.just wondering about that. I read many threads but seems like in my opinion it will get you tripped up.
My one word response is 'what'??

To try and answer....
Your IP address is issued by your ISP (internet service provider)... If it is dynamic that means an IP address is assigned when you connect your device (e.g. modem/router)... You CAN get a different IP address by turning off your device and waiting..... Always double check your IP address tho... If you look up an IP address it 'can' give you a general geographic location. The MAC address is burned into your NIC card. It can be spoofed with the right software/technique.

Does that help?
Old 11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkr2204 View Post
VMware is your friend
Correct me if I'm wrong but when using dial-up the MAC address is totally irrelevant.... Correct? Mac address's are not used in dial-up connections...
Old 12-01-2011

Longevity: 77%

you might be right actully, I normally use dongles so I wouldnt know
Old 12-03-2011

I understand I Know how it works but what im saying is the geo location say there was 10 accounts in that locartion. can they just suspend for suspision? or does it just go by the mac address.I have the same modem and same nic card all i did was reboot the service by going into the system and it generated a new ip but i still have the same nic card. Now what are they seeing the new ip and the mac address or just the ip or just the mac address? Not trying to be complicated but just trying to see it on the other side of the fence..
Old 12-03-2011

One time a while back I had checked my i p and it gave my exact address pinpointed on the (map) of my house. That is why I ask. I forgot what site i was using at the time. That is when I found out that amazon and ebay was able to track . Im going back aways.