eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Who knows the difference between IP and Mac address (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/41009-who-knows-difference-between-ip-mac-address.html)

Optimus 12-28-2011 02:59 PM

Who knows the difference between IP and Mac address

I am really confused :eek: and im sorry if this is a really stupid question but what is the difference between an IP an Mac address? If i set up my amazon account with a brand new computer and a 4g dongle do i still need to change the mac address? As much info as possible would be great. Thanks:clap::pop2:

error 12-29-2011 11:00 AM

An IP address is a number assigned by your ISP (Internet Service Provider) to id you in there system.

A MAC Address is like the serial number of your Ethernet Card, USB Dongle, that itdentifies it.

You cannnot change a MAC address, but you can spoof it.

BiN4RY 12-29-2011 01:03 PM

Uhh yes you can change the MAC address.... at least on routers and LAN cards on computers without needing to modify the firmwares. This is how cable modem users get new IPs. Spoofing only changes what you see from your eyes, it does not actually change the value seen by softwares or your ISP when they are inquring your device.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

error 12-29-2011 03:44 PM

You are only changing the MAC of the Router.

You cannot change the MAC Address of a Ethernet Card, Wifi Card, or Dongle. You can only spoof it.

When you change the mac address of the router, you are doing just that. Changing the MAC address of the ROUTER. The mac address of the ETHERNET card or WIRELESS Card that is receiving signal from the router is still the same.

BiN4RY 12-29-2011 03:48 PM

Yes buddy, you CAN change the MAC address of Ethernet and wireless cards although most people doesn't want to hard-change it on the firmware level since most OS can soft change it on the driver level and makes it reversible.

A lot of LAN cards comes with flash dumps and utilities on their websites which gives you instructions on how to modify the firmware to change the MAC addresses. Even if it is not given, you can still change it by dumping the firmware of the card and searching for the values yourself.

mememe 01-16-2012 01:59 AM

Check mate!

unkown5454 01-16-2012 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BiN4RY (Post 299800)
Yes buddy, you CAN change the MAC address of Ethernet and wireless cards although most people doesn't want to hard-change it on the firmware level since most OS can soft change it on the driver level and makes it reversible.

A lot of LAN cards comes with flash dumps and utilities on their websites which gives you instructions on how to modify the firmware to change the MAC addresses. Even if it is not given, you can still change it by dumping the firmware of the card and searching for the values yourself.

1337 h4x teh n00bz

Optimus 01-16-2012 06:44 AM

Oh thanks guys thats helpful!
Ok for any amazon sellers out there, can anyone answer this?

I use channelgrabber where basically they import all my inventory into it so when items sell the inventory goes down etc etc plus i can create listings in it you get the idea, basically i can run my account via channelgrabber.

They have thousands of Amazon accounts so when they log into all these accounts at their offices to set them up, do they compromise all these accounts? Or do you think they would have some kind of blocking system. Channelgrabber say that no accounts are compromised as Amazon dont just use an IP address to link accounts!

What do you guys think?

Yikkkes

Optimus 01-16-2012 07:33 AM

Thank you so much!

Optimus 01-22-2012 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unkown5454 (Post 304778)
1337 h4x teh n00bz

I created an email account in gmail for my new AMazon Account and in Amazon Ghost he says to disable pictures which i have done. :nerd:

The thing is i created the email account on another computer that i have logged into another amazon account with. Can Amazon link accounts via email log ins?

I hope you follow! Its so confusing sometimes! :doh:

Help :smash: