Selling Refurbished Items as New on Amazon - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
I did Not accuse you of anything, I merely pointed out that IF this is your Game, than you are in the wrong place

I Have Been Selling Consumer Electronice INCLUDING IPhones for Nearly 25 Years, which I quite sure that is longer than you are old,,,I ASSURE you I do NOT Need your Connection, Nor do I envy it,

If you search the forum you will find Posts that I have put up, telling users here on the forum who the BEST Apple (AND ALL Other Companies) Distributors are,,,Posts I made a Few Years ago,,,It is ALL Right HERE on the forum,,MANY users here can comfirm my knowledge, and willingness to help others find DIRECT sources for Products, INCLUDING Iphones and Ipads, and MUCH, MUCH more,

If you Bother to search the Forum and Find Post I Made SPECIFICALLY Reguarding APPLE Products (INCLUDING Iphones) You will have your anwser as to why NO ONE that is NOT authorized by APPLE is allowed to sell their Products.

You are ONLY be allowed to sell 1 Phone as USED, like it was your PERSONAL phone that you are selling. The ONLY reason that you are allowed to sell ONLY your PERSONAL items is because it is the LAW, it is called the First sale Doctrine, Look it up, and Learn,,ANYTHING more that selling 1 Phone for an Un authorized Reseller and they will Boot you when they catch up with you.,,Why didn't your "Connection" tell you that and help you get Authorized by Apple???
Wow slapped, now i know why you chose that user name
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by markstall96 View Post
Wait so amazon banned you for selling iPhones and not being able to prove you were a authorized reseller?
Duh! That's what happens when you sell new, en-masse.
Old 07-25-2012
MU

Longevity: 91%
Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

Pretty sure you can't sell NEW apple products on Amazon. you have to list as a refurb, or used - like new

Plus I think you can pull up the history of the device with the serial number. You're better off selling iphones and ipods on ebay. Mac books go quick on Amazon... but still can't list as new.
Old 07-25-2012

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by First Edition View Post
Pretty sure you can't sell NEW apple products on Amazon. you have to list as a refurb, or used - like new

Plus I think you can pull up the history of the device with the serial number. You're better off selling iphones and ipods on ebay. Mac books go quick on Amazon... but still can't list as new.
Actually you can, I sell ipads and iphones sometimes so I know you can. BRAND NEW SEALED ones though.
Old 07-25-2012
MU

Send a message via AIM to First Edition Send a message via MSN to First Edition Send a message via Yahoo to First Edition Send a message via Skype™ to First Edition

I don't have experience selling ipads, and iphones... I know with ipods, and macbooks, you can't. Bose anything is the same way.
Old 07-25-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 73%

I was selling them as new but had in my description that they were store demos that have only been taken out of the box to be used as a store demos for a couple months. I got booted off Ebay and Amazon because Apple told them the wholesale company I made up wasn't an authorized distributor. I argued with them that they weren't brand new sealed but used store demos so why do I have to be an authorized distributor to sell used iPhones. Still got the boot!
Old 07-25-2012
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 70%

How many did you sell until you got the boot from amazon?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsg1979 View Post
I was selling them as new but had in my description that they were store demos that have only been taken out of the box to be used as a store demos for a couple months. I got booted off Ebay and Amazon because Apple told them the wholesale company I made up wasn't an authorized distributor. I argued with them that they weren't brand new sealed but used store demos so why do I have to be an authorized distributor to sell used iPhones. Still got the boot!
Old 07-25-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
How many did you sell until you got the boot from amazon?
I lasted about 2 or 3 months...
Old 07-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
I don't have experience selling ipads, and iphones... I know with ipods, and macbooks, you can't. Bose anything is the same way.

You can sell then as NEW on Amazon, but you will lose the Acoount fairly quickly. Even thought Amazon does not have a VERO Program like Ebay, the DO keep a VERY close relationship with All Manufactures, particlarly Apple.

If you are authorized, it is easy, Just contact Seller Suppot tell them, they will ask for your Apple Authorization Certificate, Company info and Photo ID, and you are good to go
Old 07-25-2012
MU

With an ipod touch, for example, the new option is not there when you attempt to sell it. Sure, if you're authorized, awesome.
Old 07-25-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
With an ipod touch, for example, the new option is not there when you attempt to sell it. Sure, if you're authorized, awesome.
Getting Authorized is NOT as hard as you might think,,,
Old 07-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Thoughts that occurred since my previous post....

Apple 'prefers'/demands sellers be authorised.

Potentially worse for this fledgling account.

How would it withstand a Bait and Switch claim from a buyer? High chance of this happening given the type of item.

Reconsider your actions please

Old 07-26-2012
Threadstarter  

What do you have to do to get authorized? Where do you recommend me selling these iPhones that I have? Craigslist?
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
Getting Authorized is NOT as hard as you might think,,,
Old 07-26-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
What do you have to do to get authorized? Where do you recommend me selling these iPhones that I have? Craigslist?

It is ALL right on Apples Website it is NO Secret,,Apple wants More Affiliates toi sell their Products,

It amazes me me that So Many people out there believe in "Secret Sources" for an item that can be found almost ANYWHERE

Secret suppliers only exist in the world of Drugs,,

Last edited by slapped; 07-26-2012 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-26-2012
MU

Maybe someone else already said this...

but man, I think it's kind of messed up to sell something as new when it's refurbished. You know darn well there's a difference. And you know you'd be pissed if someone did that to you. I could see selling as a refurb, when it's new... because there you're getting better.
Old 07-27-2012

This was a recipe for disaster from the start. People buying iPhones know exactly what they want and what they are getting. You think if you are going to go buy a new car, and they try to sell you a used one as new you wont know? Get real....
Old 07-27-2012
Executive [VIP]

Quote:

I Do NOT Understand, why don't you sell them on Amazon and Ebay as REFURBISHED, if you have a Lot use Multiple accounts and sell Slowly,,

Let me guess, If you sell them as Refurbished, you will not be able to make a Profit on them, so you need an Edge, like Lying to People and selling them as New, If that is the Case, maybe your soruce is NOT that good,,A Good source would leave you room to make a Profit,

If you insist on being a Lowlife Ripping People off by selling them as New, well then, Im sorry I cannot help you
Old 07-27-2012
Subscribed [VIP]

If you can't sell them as new your next best bet is selling them as open box demos. You'll get about the same as new just a little less...
Old 07-31-2012

Longevity: 90%

seems like apple isn't currently taking reseller applications.
Apple Channel Programs
Closed Thread