eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   az advice asin (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/51632-az-advice-asin.html)

oompaloompa 10-10-2012 09:44 AM

az advice asin

currently I am on the sell a little plan

but want to sell stuff that has no product page/asin yet.

need advice as the help pages are not clear.

if I go for the £28 pm pro plan, then can I create my own product page?

do people just jump on the back of it and undercut you pretty soon?

what about the asin issue?

they_screwed_me_too 10-10-2012 10:00 AM

For books, the ASIN is the same as the ISBN number, but for all other products a new ASIN is created by amazon when the item is uploaded to our catalogue

you will need a unique EAN (barcode) number for each product if you want to create your own unique products

if they are branded products then they will most likely already be in AZ's database

also i believe you can request an exemption form having EANs from them (or you could)

and yes people will jump on your items like tramps on mcdonalds bins

they_screwed_me_too 10-10-2012 10:03 AM

i recommended a good site to GT a while ago for cheap AZ EAN codes

its name escapes me right now

im sure if you ask her she will remember

they_screwed_me_too 10-10-2012 10:04 AM

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/...cont_200273610

i think this is the exemption page but cant look at the moment due to router IP issues

:spy:

slim jim 10-10-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 382848)
currently I am on the sell a little plan

but want to sell stuff that has no product page/asin yet.

need advice as the help pages are not clear.

if I go for the £28 pm pro plan, then can I create my own product page?

do people just jump on the back of it and undercut you pretty soon?

what about the asin issue?

OOMPA - just be careful when creating a new product page. i was trying to sell something and when i searched for it the product never came up, however when i found the upc code it said the item already existed. very weird, but i used the existing product listing and it sold the next day (this was a $1500 item) and i don't think it would have sold so quickly had it not been done in the existing product page (probably because people can put this item in their shopping cart and when it is for sale they get an email). i still don't understand why i couldn't find the item when searching for it.

oompaloompa 10-10-2012 11:08 AM

I see a few generic looking product pages, eg. they state a brand name (not known brand, probably just the china factory name) but product is plain, I can match it or almost from the picture - is it ok to piggyback on that listing? as long as customer gets same spec product?

or would person that created that page freak? they may have bought the asin themself.

they_screwed_me_too 10-10-2012 11:37 AM

i must admit i have used uther sellers listing

never caused me any issues really

had a phone call from a competitor once and i said oops sorry tech error

Laritha 10-10-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oompaloompa (Post 382868)
I see a few generic looking product pages, eg. they state a brand name (not known brand, probably just the china factory name) but product is plain, I can match it or almost from the picture - is it ok to piggyback on that listing? as long as customer gets same spec product?

or would person that created that page freak? they may have bought the asin themself.

The big problem wont steam from unhappy customers, it will be the competitors reporting you. Most of them buy your item themselves, and then expose you to Amazon, resulting in a dead account. Been there, done that, trust me!

oompaloompa 10-10-2012 12:38 PM

who gets top billing on a page? is it the cheapest or a pro or some other ranking system, I mean az or a seller creates initial page, but page creator may not be selling anymore, but asin is still available to look up and you press 'sell yours', but how is it ranked in new and used catagory?...

they_screwed_me_too 10-10-2012 12:48 PM

i find from experience that when i create a new account i price slightly ABOVE the big sellers

but they buy mine CONSTANTLY , i have no explanation to offer