eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   EIN/Funds Withdrawl Question (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/51902-ein-funds-withdrawl-question.html)

DiamondDave 10-17-2012 05:20 PM

EIN/Funds Withdrawl Question

My account has been put on hold because they are asking for EIN/SSN. On the IRS website to sign up as a Sole Proprietor you have to give your full name and SSN. The name on the ghost Amazon account is not my real name. Once I put in the EIN number doesn't Amazon verify it with the IRS? Since my real name and the account name don't match wont that send up a red flag?

Thanks
DD

AmazonStealth 10-17-2012 06:13 PM

search.............

DiamondDave 10-17-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AmazonStealth (Post 384884)
search.............

I did...perhaps I did a bad job but I did not find an answer to my question.

Thanks
DD

dancnbaby 10-17-2012 07:51 PM

I had a similar question about that. MyLLC is registered under my real address and wondered if that could link it somehow.

I have a pobox listed on amazon and listed that on the interview as well. So as long as they don't check, I should be good.

DiamondDave 10-17-2012 10:03 PM

So let's ask this a different way

1) I filed for an EIN number using my correct name and SSN#
2) I will post it to Amazon that has a different name on the account.
3) What does Amazon/IRS do next?

Thanks
DD

Questions:
1) What is the best EIN type to get? I picked Sole Proprietor since there are no other fillings needed. Can you pick Corp, LLC and just not follow through with the other steps?

2) Do you provide your correct SSN, name and address when applying for an EIN?

Just so we are clear..I have no issue paying the proper taxes. I am having to jump through these hoops because Amazon keeps killing perfectly legal (things I am selling) accounts because of their lame rules.

Thanks
DD

slapped 10-17-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiamondDave (Post 384864)
My account has been put on hold because they are asking for EIN/SSN. On the IRS website to sign up as a Sole Proprietor you have to give your full name and SSN. The name on the ghost Amazon account is not my real name. Once I put in the EIN number doesn't Amazon verify it with the IRS? Since my real name and the account name don't match wont that send up a red flag?

Thanks
DD

No it will not Don't worry,,,when they go to validate the Number all they see is whether it is Valid or Not, Thats all

GreenBean 10-17-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DiamondDave (Post 384864)

Thanks
DD

Re-read CAREFULLY what slapped wrote.

It's the crux to your (future) amazon career of selling.

:juggle:

AllAboutStealth 10-18-2012 02:51 AM

I really wish i had as much knowledge as slapped about all this.

gezeba 11-25-2012 01:18 PM

Bump for this thread as I have a similar question about this. I need only one EIN. I would really like to avoid the cost and time it takes to get an LLC. Would it be OK to get an EIN using a Sole Proprietorship? Does Amazon have a way to link a SP to you as an individual?

hercheys 11-26-2012 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gezeba (Post 396140)
Bump for this thread as I have a similar question about this. I need only one EIN. I would really like to avoid the cost and time it takes to get an LLC. Would it be OK to get an EIN using a Sole Proprietorship? Does Amazon have a way to link a SP to you as an individual?

As an individual and business no... but the IRS may and will track how many businesses or tax id's you have operating. If you're able and needing to have two EIN's you should at least connect the companies together to another dba; two companies with one DBA and two seperate names of business. Now, anybody in your faculty of business may use your EIN if approve by you, and Amazon cannot keep track of this. But do not play with the uncle sam.

jackson2234 07-02-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gezeba (Post 396140)
Bump for this thread as I have a similar question about this. I need only one EIN. I would really like to avoid the cost and time it takes to get an LLC. Would it be OK to get an EIN using a Sole Proprietorship?

Yea i'm also wondering for just a personal acct if an LLC is needed for EIN?

rsot 07-02-2013 01:15 PM

Employer ID Numbers (EINs)

BEST source for info - this isnt a tax consultation kind of forum...even though lot of posts around.