2nd router between Fios and PC for changing Mac - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 10-20-2012

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
Default 2nd router between Fios and PC for changing Mac

By the book, amazon will be able to read my PC and the next conneting router's mac address. Should I use one router in between the PC and Fios router since my VZ fios router will lost connection if I change the MAC.
Wirless router used to work well to change mac / ip in previous comcast/cablevision internet setup but recently switching to Fios is getting hard time!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-21-2012
Threadstarter  

After leaving router(verizon Fios - actiontec MI424WR ver I) off overnight, find out the router adopt the new Mac entered with a new ip. When testing to return back to factory's Mac then router keep saying waiting for new lease(no Internet). Have to switch back to the 2nd Mac then can get connected.
Guess it will take long time to have VZ register the new Mac associated with subscriptions.
It's not good if need to switching multiple accounts in short time.

Doing the DHCP lease release can get the new ip changed!
If amazon really can see the PC. plus the next connecting MAC then I can easily use a router after fios router n change easily for each set of ip/Mac to log in with VMware a/c.

Yesterday signed up a new account but forgot to to check the router's Mac so it's using the same VZ router Mac on a new ip, will see if they will link this new account with previous just by the fios router's mac
Old 10-22-2012

Sellercentral security log detects both your computer's wifi and router's bluetooth mac serial. Therefore, detecting and registering is the main sequence here so what you read is right.

Will you be linked?? once the flag is raised, they must verify it's not a newer member but regarless Amazon is a big cat and after months of personal research I finally undestand the system better. But security systems are outsourced and possibly updated every month's time like the banks NBA-Bank internal service or similar version.

Good luck!
Old 10-23-2012
Threadstarter  

Yes. Better be safe than sorry! Sometimes they pull the new account shortly- I can see isp gave me the recycle ip even with new mac in the router, sometimes I can not find the positive clues, maybe name too similar, ip address too close ( first 3 sets the same), gift card # similar(first 3 sets, exp are the same)...

One mistake I also have is the IP log. I took down the ip for some times but gave up to do this hard work after some initial sucess, one even reach a featured merchant in one year from a suspended status - sucessfully appealed....making 7-9k sales in a peak day.

This ip log should be mandatory especially for operating multiple accounts which will use a lot ip, I found my isp do not come up with too many fresh one now... many ip are too close... first 3 sets are the same as some of suspended accounts. Really worry to use!
Before someone write an app like amazon to detect the duplicate ip, I think only can use excel sorting for now! Copy all the ip log to the excel file, sorting to check the new one if have duplicate!