eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   VPN VPS Basic Questions (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/54508-vpn-vps-basic-questions.html)

koolio97 12-23-2012 03:50 AM

VPN VPS Basic Questions

I would like to run multiple (virtual) computers from a single computer that I have. I would like to be able to add or delete the "virtual" computers on my account at a moments notice. I would like to be able to switch between "virtual" computers very quickly. I want to have at least 10-20 virtual computers available in my account at a time. I also want each virtual computer to have its own unique IP address. What company provides this and what is the cost for this kind of service per month?

Vetragor 12-23-2012 03:22 PM

you just have to sign up for 15 or 20 VPN accounts

what kind of computer do you need to run 15 virtual machines at the same time

Eduktd 12-25-2012 12:27 AM

VPN DOES NOT WORK ON AMAZON...already tested. Use at your own risk.

sax4 12-26-2012 06:22 PM

Im using VPN and VPS with Amazon and have had no problems

unixchosting 01-01-2013 11:44 PM

This sounds like you may need your own private cloud. You can try renting a dedicated server that has sufficient power to support 20 or more Virtual Machines. A Super Server is required for this. This route will require you maintain the server on your own.

Many hosts also offer Managed Hosting services. In any case you might be better better of Renting a bundle of VPS's Since you require 15-20.

I would do some math if i were you to figure out which route would save you the most money. I would just rend a private cloud if i were you because you have full control over all your Virtual Machines :)

munrznnw 01-02-2013 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eduktd (Post 404062)
VPN DOES NOT WORK ON AMAZON...already tested. Use at your own risk.

If we have setup our own VPN on our private VPS, we would be safe no?

GreenBean 01-02-2013 02:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by munrznnw (Post 406477)
If we have setup our own VPN on our private VPS, we would be safe no?

Point of using a VPS is to exclude the need of the VPN.

VPS is superior.

Machabbabb 01-06-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 406478)
Point of using a VPS is to exclude the need of the VPN.

VPS is superior.

Can you please elaborate?

Why is VPS better than VPN and wht is the point of using a VPS instead of a VPN?

Machabbabb 01-06-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unixchosting (Post 406453)
This sounds like you may need your own private cloud. You can try renting a dedicated server that has sufficient power to support 20 or more Virtual Machines. A Super Server is required for this. This route will require you maintain the server on your own.

Many hosts also offer Managed Hosting services. In any case you might be better better of Renting a bundle of VPS's Since you require 15-20.

I would do some math if i were you to figure out which route would save you the most money. I would just rend a private cloud if i were you because you have full control over all your Virtual Machines :)

This is all jibborish to me, can you please elaborate and tell what is thie difference between a VPN, VPS and a Private Cloud.

unixchosting 01-08-2013 01:53 AM

This is a lot to explain but I will keep it as short as possible...

What is a VPN?*

The simpliest way to describing a VPN is to compare it to a normal network like your home network. In your home network you have 2 or more computers connected to each other by a physical device like a router. In a VPN, the 2 computers are connectioned via the interenet. There is no physical device linking the 2 computers except for software running between the computers which makes it seems as if the computers are connected to the same network with a physical cable.

The connection between the 2 computers via the Internet would be unsecured and susceptible to anyone listening in. Futhermore the communication between the 2 computers is encrypted in such a way that only the computers on both ends can understand the communication.

What is a VPS?

Like VPN, software is required to create a VPS. It is a method of splitting a server into many other Servers. Each Virtual machine runs like a physical computer, completely isolated with it's own operating system and dedicated Hard drive space, RAM and CPU allocation. The VPS' can be rebooted individually and provides the features of a dedicated server except you are sharing the hardware on a very powerful server. Customers therefore get hosting services that are similar to that of dedicated Web hosting without sacrificing privacy, performance, and expensive costs.

What is A Private Cloud?

On a very basic level, A private Cloud would be considered to be a server that is hosting Virtual Machines. This means that Virtual Machine software is installed on it. Virtual Machine software like Vmware or Virtual Box is required to create VPS' on your Dedicated Super Server(private cloud). You have the liberty to create your own VPS and allocate resources as you please. Logically speaking, if the host Computer(Dedicated Super Server) only has 4 cores, and 4GB of memory, you probably wont be able to create many machines. A server with 16 cores or more and 32GB RAM would be suffecient to sustain up to 16 Virtual Machines or more. It all depends on the specs and the archeticture of your setup.

I hope that gives you a better understanding of the entire concept of Virtualization.

MaggieMae 02-14-2013 01:16 AM

wow! how nice and simple and clear! thanks Unixschosting!
:clap: