eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Going Back to the rat race. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/55859-going-back-rat-race.html)

beaches 01-26-2013 10:39 AM

Going Back to the rat race.

I'm Going back to the rat race of working for the man.:hail:After not working full time for 10 years at a regular job I have decided to break down and slave for the man. I am having a really rough time trying to survive selling on these sites.

Family comes first. Need food and cash and keep a roof over our heads so Back to the grind.

I Still have a lot of inventory and will Use what I know to generate side cash like I did before to get back what I have lost in the past. House cars money self respect etc.

Start from the bottom again. But now smarter and Know better. Just need a steady paycheck to get going. and stash all money made on selling.That is how I did it last time.
Now I know my mistakes and the only way to go is up. It will be hard Going to work with other people but Such is life.Have to do what I have to do.

bruceuk 01-26-2013 10:50 AM

Some days you have to do what you have to do .
Anyone prepared to take steps in order there family has a decent living has my respect , however they earn that living .
Start from scratch and do the ebay part time .
Good luck

mario50 01-26-2013 02:49 PM

very simple rule of life - universal truth...
If you do good things, your life will be good.
If you cheat or harm others, life will be full of sadness....

cant make money in days or months, but take years...with hard work and luck...

Dont only rely on these online shopping sites...do both - online and real hard work-job...

Roscoe 01-26-2013 10:59 PM

I don't believe any of those cliches.

A lot of bad things happen to good people.

In regards to making money, only the Mint can actually make money. However, if you are Smart and know how to "Market" then you can achieve success in less than 12 months.

Finding a good mentor/coach is the best way to success.

JOB = (Just Over Broke) Your lucky if you have any money left after paying for the bills.

The only true way for financial success for most people is to own a business.

Most Ebay sellers are self-employed, they "think" the own a business but they really don't.

A REAL business is one that makes money even if you take off work for several months or years.

Roscoe 01-26-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaches (Post 414492)
I'm Going back to the rat race of working for the man.:hail:After not working full time for 10 years at a regular job I have decided to break down and slave for the man.Since I am having a really rough time trying to survive selling on these sites. Family comes first. Need food and cash and keep a roof over our heads so Back to the grind.

I Still have a lot of inventory and will Use what I know to generate side cash Like I did before to get back what I have lost in the past. House cars money self respect etc. Start from the bottom again.

But now smarter and Know better. Just need a steady paycheck to get going. and stash all money made on selling.That is how I did it last time.
Now I know my mistakes and the only way to go is up. It will be hard Going to work with other people but Such is life.Have to do what I have to do.

I understand you have to do whatever it takes to pay the bills. Not working full-time for 10 years is going to be hard to go back to.

I haven't worked for anyone for over 30 years. If I had to go back to a J.O.B. I could only go back as the President of a company. :pound:

How much inventory in terms of dollars are we talking?

You say you're "smarter and know better," what have you learned that you will do differently next time? :noidea:

GreenBean 01-27-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaches (Post 414492)
I

You've been always trying to get ahead.

I wish you well.

Who knows what lies ahead for you.

:peace:

rsot 01-27-2013 10:23 AM

@OP, I do the rat race so you got at least one guy here supporting you :thumb:

Yes it can be annoying but try to do something you can enjoy - find good in it.

beaches 01-27-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roscoe (Post 414653)
I understand you have to do whatever it takes to pay the bills. Not working full-time for 10 years is going to be hard to go back to.

I haven't worked for anyone for over 30 years. If I had to go back to a J.O.B. I could only go back as the President of a company. :pound:

How much inventory in terms of dollars are we talking?

You say you're "smarter and know better," what have you learned that you will do differently next time? :noidea:

Save my money!!!:laugh: Don't buy useless cr@P

Roscoe 01-27-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beaches (Post 414902)
Save my money!!!:laugh: Don't buy useless cr@P

So you're giving up on Ebay? :noidea:

sax4 01-27-2013 04:53 PM

Going back to the rat race is extremely unlikely for me, I live in a place where the average salary is $200 a month, the worst comes to worse I can teach English to some beautiful ladies :cool:

There have been times when I have wished I was in the office though, surfing the net and getting paid for it.

beaches 01-27-2013 06:00 PM

No I am going to get a full time job in the field I worked for for 25 years. I will keep trying to sell on the side as I was for extra cash to rebuild my nest egg again. job salaries are in the toilet but better than nothing I guess.

homerz 01-29-2013 12:12 AM

I do not think that having Amazon as your sole income provider is very smart. In the last few months I've made more money than ever selling on Amazon, but I will never quit my day job.

The risks are too great, you could lose everything in seconds, I suggest that people consider this a part time vocation, this will save you from financial peril.

My primary stealth account has been active for nearly 2 years now, and is still going strong ( my sales will be over 30k in January, (my best month ever), I also have a 2 month old account, which is still active too, I keep sales at under $500.00 per month

I'm not here to brag, I'm just telling people is still possible to do really well on Amazon, but always be prepared for the worst.

Roscoe 01-29-2013 08:42 AM

Anytime you are dependent on the #1 you are in trouble.

Diversify suppliers, traffic sources, stealth accounts, different banks, etc...

I've seen many people lose tons of income due to relying on Google, SEO, Amazon... only to get wiped out with NO notice.

I'm assuming your Stealth must be a Business account?

I would never sell on Amazon. You might make money faster in the short term but long term it will cost you real money.

Quote:

Originally Posted by homerz (Post 415468)
I do not think that having Amazon as your sole income provider is very smart. In the last few months I've made more money than ever selling on Amazon, but I will never quit my day job.

The risks are too great, you could lose everything in seconds, I suggest that people consider this a part time vocation, this will save you from financial peril.

My primary stealth account has been active for nearly 2 years now, and is still going strong ( my sales will be over 30k in January, (my best month ever), I also have a 2 month old account, which is still active too, I keep sales at under $500.00 per month

I'm not here to brag, I'm just telling people is still possible to do really well on Amazon, but always be prepared for the worst.

myrong 01-29-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roscoe (Post 415550)
Anytime you are dependent on the #1 you are in trouble.

Diversify suppliers, traffic sources, stealth accounts, different banks, etc...

I've seen many people lose tons of income due to relying on Google, SEO, Amazon... only to get wiped out with NO notice.

I'm assuming your Stealth must be a Business account?

I would never sell on Amazon. You might make money faster in the short term but long term it will cost you real money.

Could you explain why you think that is? (the bolded)

I sell on amazon and want to know what it is.

Elijah 01-29-2013 12:53 PM

If delete your account, they keep your money. At least with PayPal you get it after 6 months.

I'm not ever going to be ready to deal with hat crap so eBay it is for me.

myrong 01-29-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah (Post 415616)
If delete your account, they keep your money. At least with PayPal you get it after 6 months.

wow atleast Paypal allow you to withdraw after a while- im not listing anything risky so im safe with amazon.

edit- shouldn't say im safe you never know with these sites!

sax4 01-29-2013 01:30 PM

Re: Going Back to the rat race.

My margins are way bigger with Amazon, there's more tricks you can do.

Elijah 01-29-2013 01:50 PM

I was never in the rat race to start with and don't ever intend to get into it. I earn in a week more than what most people get in months. So no thanks.

eBay/PayPal have waaayyy more security gaps though. I could take them for billions tomorrow if I wanted to lol.

LoopHole 01-29-2013 02:52 PM

The best of luck to you.

rsot 01-29-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijah (Post 415616)

Amen to that - I will create Az accounts for test purposes and light sales but never will rely on them. Even when I sell proper goods, it can be issues. Hate that.

GreenBean 01-29-2013 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 415726)
Amen to that - I will create Az accounts for test purposes and light sales but never will rely on them. Even when I sell proper goods, it can be issues. Hate that.

Not sure what your 'proper goods' are. ( we dont ask after all ;)).

Rarely have issues on amazon co uk.

beaches 01-29-2013 06:04 PM

Amazon was my income for 10 years until the big change and all the F@KE dvd came on the scene. Besides I sold Hi end electronics on multiple accounts. But it all ended like 4 years ago and became a struggle.Why? I do not know Just more fraud buyers and competitors.