LLC info with Amazon - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 02-09-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default LLC info with Amazon

It took me 30 seconds to find my state website and find my LLC information. It displayed not only my address, but also my name as the registered agent! You can be sure that if Amazon does not look this up at registration, that they will look it up at the review period. Make sure that you update the address on your LLC to the one you gave Amazon. Also, when you create an LLC make sure that you use a company as your registered agent so your name does not appear online. You can Google registered agents for LLC to find a company that will do this for you. If you have already put your name as the registered agent, you can not simply change the name because it will still display previous names.

I wonder if Amazon could also inquire to the state and ask who the owners name is? It's probably public records that can be asked for. I don't think they would go this far unless they had other red flags that might link your account.

For all of those people who are doing everything right yet still getting their accounts linked, this is probably why.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-09-2013

Longevity: 66%

what about partnership
Old 02-09-2013

Longevity: 64%

You have to register the company in Delaware, if you want privacy.

Last edited by Furious George; 02-09-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-09-2013

You should have known any and all LLCs are public information that can be accessed by anyone. The point of an LLC is for yourself and the general public. Why are you so surprised?
The Following User Says Thank You to AmazonStealth For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (02-09-2013)
Old 02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly441 View Post
I wonder if Amazon could also inquire to the state and ask who the owners name is? It's probably public records that can be asked for. I don't think they would go this far unless they had other red flags that might link your account.

For all of those people who are doing everything right yet still getting their accounts linked, this is probably why.
You can't just find out who owns a company. I could start a c-corp and sell 60% of it to someone else through the issuing of stock. The state doesn't always no who the shareholders are in a private company.

Getting an account suspended is not the same as getting it linked. If someone is getting their accounts suspended over and over, it's not always the case that they're linked to another account.
Old 02-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 2%
Longevity: 68%

Simple solution don't make yourself the registered agent. Registered agent services costs $50 -$100 a year and you can incorporate anywhere. In every state the registered agent is public info but in almost every state the owners of the corporation are not public info. Also you do realize that even though it says you are the registered agent for the corporation does not mean you have any real affiliation with it. The registered agent is often just the person who provided incorporation services and the ability to contact the actual managing members of the corporation.

Also I see that Furious George mentioned Delaware because Delaware and Nevada are especially good places to incorporate for many reasons but among them is they are like the Swiss bank of corporations.
The Following User Says Thank You to Futuremogul888 For This Useful Post:
movielover2 (02-09-2013)
Old 02-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Precisely why users are told to take professional tax advice to create their companies for their ecommerce trading.

With a few exceptions, majority of users here are not in the know as to the correct creation of their companies.

Spend the funds to do it correctly. It's a tax deduction

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
serenityseeker (03-20-2014)
Old 02-09-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Also I see that Furious George mentioned Delaware because Delaware and Nevada are especially good places to incorporate for many reasons but among them is they are like the Swiss bank of corporations.
Can you incorporate if you don't live in those states? Pay for a UPS suite number and use that as your company address? Won't that red flag your Amazon account if your corporation and address you give is in Nevada and they see from your IP that you always log in from say Florida?
Old 02-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly441 View Post
Can you incorporate if you don't live in those states? Pay for a UPS suite number and use that as your company address? Won't that red flag your Amazon account if your corporation and address you give is in Nevada and they see from your IP that you always log in from say Florida?

Half of the business on Wall Street are located in Delaware.

Check out sites like incorporate dot com.

Use a Florida address on Amazon, it's fine. Just because a company is based in DE doesn't mean it can't do business in FL.
Old 02-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Kelly,

Here's the next thing for you to do..... introduce yourself to this site

Internal Revenue Service

It has as much as you want to know about your proposed plans. Plus it's got a toll-free number. Dont be surprised the staff are actually helpful.

Site is user friendly.

After you get more info regarding IRS, you can choose the next step.

slim jim helped with the info for this site LegalZoom: Online Legal Document Services: LLC, Wills, Incorporation, Divorce & More

(ps I do not work for the IRS or LegalZoom and this is not a free endorsement LOL )
Old 02-10-2013

I like incorporate.com more. It's a lot cheaper.
The Following User Says Thank You to Furious George For This Useful Post:
Kelly441 (02-11-2013)