Selling the same items? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 02-09-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Selling the same items?

I have heard people say selling the same items right away on a new stealth account will get you banned and others say it doesn't matter. Has anyone been able to verify this? Possibly opening multiple stealth accounts and they are all up and running except for the one they sold the same items on as their suspended account.

It seems odd to me that if you are doing everything right and the only variable is that you are in the same state and selling the same item that you would get banned. I have seen other sellers open new accounts in my state selling the same items and the accounts were never linked and that seller is still selling.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 02-09-2013
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

I sell the same items but never list back to back and usually list on different days. Never an issue.

I never used the same photo, never used the same photo location or back ground color and of course my description is way different.

The purpose is to stay on and not give any competitor or anyone the chance to see that you might be the same person.

Be smart and creative when selling the same items.
Old 02-09-2013
Threadstarter  

Thank you. What I meant is selling the same items on your new Stealth account that you were selling on your suspended account. Also, you answered another question I had. I was wondering if using the same words in the condition notes can get you linked too. Probably smart to mix the wording up.
Old 02-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

1. I am not a fan of selling right away because I like to build some rep into the account via buying and browsing first. Works for me but others have success selling right away.

2. Using same words and pictures can lead to linking - you can sell same items but make it look like a different seller. Now if you are selling high-risk VeRo or foo foo items...well...that's your own choice
Old 02-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

AMAZON differs from ebay.

Reports have differed from users about selling the same items.

From what I have read it is better to avoid doing that. I'll look out a couple of posts that might shed some light, Kelly
Old 02-09-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Kelly
I've some other stuff doing so I'll add as I find them. Just gives you a perspective

Here's a start for you

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/...er-review.html
Old 02-10-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,936 Times in 8,227 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

My bad here - didnt see the category of Amazon and followed with wrong comment.

How best to explain this...what I have found is this : let's say you are selling XX1. Your account gets suspended and other folx selling XX1 also get booted. That listing now is somewhat flagged on Amazon.

A new account selling XX1 RIGHT AWAY is likely to get suspended. I feel that Amazon tracks the activity of this listing for sometime if its hot.
Old 02-10-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
1. I am not a fan of selling right away because I like to build some rep into the account via buying and browsing first. Works for me but others have success selling right away.

2. Using same words and pictures can lead to linking - you can sell same items but make it look like a different seller. Now if you are selling high-risk VeRo or foo foo items...well...that's your own choice

What are VeRo or foo foo items?
Old 02-10-2013

Longevity: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly441 View Post
What are VeRo or foo foo items?
Branded items that are not genuine .
Copys if you prefer being sold as the real thing .
Old 02-13-2013

Longevity: 67%

I have learned that listing the same items in any new account is dangerous.
I believe what A Z looks at with any new accounts and listings is the following.
When listing 51% or more of any similar inventory to any account that has been suspended in the last 90 days will get you linked. So mix in new stuff or make your current stuff look different.
Change image, Change description, and change the highlights.
Rearranging the words will not work either. You need to think like a completely different person. This sounds kind of funny, but seriously works.
Ask a friend or someone else to best describe your item in 10 words. I personally am a creature of habit, so I describe the same all the time. This has been the hardest thing for me to break. I ask my kids, wife, brother, and friends.
It works.
good luck-
Old 02-13-2013
Threadstarter  

Good information thank you. I was one of the few people charging a restocking fee for the main item I was selling. I can reword everything but I wonder if I should list in the condition notes about a restocking fee since nobody else is charging one. The restocking fee cut down my returns dramatically. I was getting tired of people using the item for 2 months and then just deciding to return it. Irarely got these with the restocking fee.
Old 02-13-2013

Longevity: 68%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbz View Post
I have learned that listing the same items in any new account is dangerous.
I believe what A Z looks at with any new accounts and listings is the following.
When listing 51% or more of any similar inventory to any account that has been suspended in the last 90 days will get you linked. So mix in new stuff or make your current stuff look different.
Change image, Change description, and change the highlights.
Rearranging the words will not work either. You need to think like a completely different person. This sounds kind of funny, but seriously works.
Ask a friend or someone else to best describe your item in 10 words. I personally am a creature of habit, so I describe the same all the time. This has been the hardest thing for me to break. I ask my kids, wife, brother, and friends.
It works.
good luck-
exactly

I speak from personal experience that your account will get linked and DELETED if you come back with all the same items, descriptions, etc

You will get caught and lose the account ... unless, you register the account in a different CITY (you can keep the same state)

I have personally "field tested" this with my own inventory. If you come back listing the same inventory under a different state location, Amazon's system won't catch you
The Following User Says Thank You to bboard For This Useful Post:
Kelly441 (02-14-2013)
Old 02-13-2013

Longevity: 65%

VERO items could be geniune. VERO means the verified rights owner doesn't allow you to sell it. It has nothing to do with ffaakes.

Kelly, you're talking about fulfillment by amazon right?
Old 02-13-2013
Threadstarter  

I had about 20 items and all but one were FBA