eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Purhasing items on Amazon to sell on Amazon. (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/56694-purhasing-items-amazon-sell-amazon.html)

Kelly441 02-15-2013 12:20 PM

Purhasing items on Amazon to sell on Amazon.

This may be a dumb question. Is it OK to purchase some items in bulk on Amazon and then resale them individually on Amazon? I will be handling and processing the orders.

Also, is it OK to use a different gift card than the one I used to setup my stealth account? I was thinking of adding a rechargeable one just for purchases on this stealth account.

Thanks

rsot 02-15-2013 02:38 PM

Definitely ok but would recommend to use separate accounts to du buying and selling.

Yes fine for different gift card.

Kelly441 02-15-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 421668)
Definitely ok but would recommend to use separate accounts to du buying and selling.

Yes fine for different gift card.

I thought buying on the same account would look good because when the account goes under review they will ask for the source and possibly invoices (which they have asked from me on other accounts) If I bought on another stealth account I would not be able to provide the source or invoice. Do you think it's that risky to buy it on the same account?

hbz 02-15-2013 09:56 PM

I have not done this myself, but that makes perfect sense to me.
I think you are right in your thinking though, but again I have never done this and amazon is the beast so maybe they only like when you buy from a source thats not them.
Good Luck-

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly441 (Post 421755)
I thought buying on the same account would look good because when the account goes under review they will ask for the source and possibly invoices (which they have asked from me on other accounts) If I bought on another stealth account I would not be able to provide the source or invoice. Do you think it's that risky to buy it on the same account?

Kelly441 02-16-2013 10:41 AM

It looks like all of the reloadable CCs require personal information. At least I can not find one. CAn anybody recommend one. I can't use a reloadable if I have to give my real info I will get linked. I'm using the reloadable for buying purposes.

bboard 02-16-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly441 (Post 421968)
It looks like all of the reloadable CCs require personal information. At least I can not find one. CAn anybody recommend one. I can't use a reloadable if I have to give my real info I will get linked. I'm using the reloadable for buying purposes.

Just a thorught ... why not get a prepaid Gift Card?

and when it asks for your information just use a "assumed name" and different address

Works everytime for me ...

Kelly441 02-16-2013 12:58 PM

Yeah, the Vanilla Visa works great but I have to get cash out of the ATM to pay for one. I will be making multiple large purchases that's why a reloadable on that I can reload online would be ideal

rsot 02-17-2013 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly441 (Post 421968)

What reloadable one are you using now?

Sandy D 02-17-2013 04:02 AM

In most cases they wont see the name on the card itself. Just the numbers.

rsot 02-17-2013 08:43 AM

They usually only see the name provided to them by you - they wont go deep searching for the true name

mjstallion 02-17-2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly441 (Post 422009)
Yeah, the Vanilla Visa works great but I have to get cash out of the ATM to pay for one. I will be making multiple large purchases that's why a reloadable on that I can reload online would be ideal

I buy my Vanillas from CVS with a credit card. I think Walgreens lets you do that too. But supermarkets I've tried require cash for them.

Callidus 02-18-2013 03:46 AM

Be very careful buying from Amazon and then reselling on there! It clearly states, that buying from Amazon gives the end user no right to resell..

I know of people who have got into a legal battle over this, especially if you sign up to prime and then start ordering loads!

Tread carefully! The reason they don't allow it as their prices are so low on certain items, they would end up being a wholesaler otherwise

sax4 02-18-2013 08:53 AM

Re: Purhasing items on Amazon to sell on Amazon.

Separate buyer accounts here is the key

Kelly441 02-18-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hdavey10 (Post 422593)
Be very careful buying from Amazon and then reselling on there! It clearly states, that buying from Amazon gives the end user no right to resell..

I know of people who have got into a legal battle over this, especially if you sign up to prime and then start ordering loads!

Tread carefully! The reason they don't allow it as their prices are so low on certain items, they would end up being a wholesaler otherwise

I am buying 500 pcs in bulk from a seller on Amazon. It is a single listing for 500 pcs in one purchase. I am going to receive the items an fulfill the orders myself. I understand what you are saying, people using Prime to dropship to their Ebay customers etc..

beetlesales 02-18-2013 10:00 PM

Although this would be a decent way to make a few extra bucks, I honestly don't feel it's going to be worth the investment in the long run because you're basically going to be listing the same products up against the same seller you just purchased the item from..

Call me crazy, but the sellers with the lowest overhead normally have the greatest return.. Especially when you go stealth.

Kelly441 02-18-2013 10:14 PM

I'm not doing this to make money. It will give me 500 orders and help to keep my ODR low before selling my main product that can get complaints

beetlesales 02-18-2013 10:32 PM

Or, you could just open up 5 stealth accounts, sell the heck out of your product on each one, then cash out a couple thousand every 90 days?

Kelly441 02-18-2013 10:37 PM

From what I'm reading in the forum, run and gun is not viable anymore with Amazon just deleting accounts. I am trying to establish a long term account here. I will expirement with run and gun on a stealth account though and see how it goes.

rsot 02-19-2013 06:01 AM

Dont do run and gun but if you can build few solid stealth accounts...why not? It does take time but it is safer