Amazon Forum - Page 2 - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2008

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 90%
Default Suspended from Amazon

I was suspended in December because of a false report I was selling stolen merchandise (CDs). The person making the report withdrew their complaint but the suspension stuck. I make a living selling CDs on Amazon. (I gave up on eBay years ago). I wrote them so many times they threatened to take legal action against me, but nothing happened, good or bad. I have tried 3 times to get back on, but suspended each time. I have done everything I know to stay on. Deleted cookies, deleted history, got a new ID, new bank account, CC, email, changed my IP and MAC. I have even taken over an existing account, but still get suspended for being linked to an existing suspended account. I am at a loss as to what to try next. Sigh...
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-23-2008

Longevity: 91%

What about set up a new Windows User Account with entirely new info? Maybe it's flash cookies that are getting you.
You might want to ask for some Modee one-on-one support.
Old 09-23-2008

Default Staying on Amazon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi_Mojo View Post
What about set up a new Windows User Account with entirely new info? Maybe it's flash cookies that are getting you.
You might want to ask for some Modee one-on-one support.
Thanx for idea about flash cookies. I was not aware of them. I do not see how they could have been the problem, but it can't hurt. It seems to me if they were the issue it would have come up right away, not after 24 days of selling. As far as paying for help, I don't mind that, but as you know if you have read this forum and other sites, no one seems to know exactly how to get around them. I have not heard one success story on this or any other site as far as staying on Amazon long-term. This is a business for me. I need a long-term permanent solution.
Old 09-23-2008

Quote:
Why do I need to enable cookies in my Web browser in order to shop at Amazon.com?

Cookies allow us to recognize you automatically whenever you visit our site so that we can personalize your experience and provide you with better service. We also use cookies (and similar browser data, such as Flash cookies) for fraud prevention and other purposes.
Amazon.com: Help*>*Ordering*>*How to Enable Cookies

Oh, they use 'em, alright.

Quote:
Examples of the information we collect and analyze include the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; login; e-mail address; password; computer and connection information such as browser type, version, and timezone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, and platform; purchase history, which we sometimes aggregate with similar information from other customers to create features such as Purchase Circles and Top Sellers; the full Uniform Resource Locator (URL) clickstream to, through, and from our Web site, including date and time; cookie number; products you viewed or searched for; your Auction history; and the phone number you used to call our 800 number. We may also use browser data such as cookies, Flash cookies (also known as Flash Local Shared Objects), or similar data on certain parts of our Website for fraud prevention and other purposes. During some visits we may use software tools such as JavaScript to measure and collect session information, including page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
Amazon.com: Help*>*Privacy, Security & Accessibility*>*Privacy Notice

The things that can be learned from the ebook and Modee can be applied to other sites. as well.

Last edited by Quasi_Mojo; 09-23-2008 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-23-2008

"Oh, they use 'em, alright."

As I stated in my initial post, I did delete my regular cookies prior to getting a new account. I didn't know about flash cookies. Whether Amazon uses regular cookies is not in question.

"The things that can be learned from the ebook and Modee can be applied to other sites. as well."

If this is the case there should be no problem in showing me a success story. Someone who has used it to enable a permanent solution.
Old 09-23-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi_Mojo View Post
Oh, they use 'em, alright.
I was talking about Flash cookies.
Old 09-23-2008
Administrator

Thanked 4,230 Times in 1,792 Posts
Activity: 1%
Longevity: 100%

I should delete this thread...
Old 09-23-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspkin View Post
I should delete this thread...
Why? I have this problem.
Old 12-15-2008

Longevity: 89%
Default How to Get Back on Amazon

I, too, was unceremoniously dumped from amazon after 2 buyers, in rapid succession, posted bad feedback without first contacting me. In one case, the buyer lived one state over and posted negative feedback a mere 2/3 days following the sale to the effect that she hadn't received the product! And, in another, I mistakenly listed a vhs under a dvd (and promptly issued a full refund).

At any rate, my daughter tried opening a selling account and was immediately banned (we use the same computer). She wrote to amazon & they would not budge.

I like the extra amazon income - I have lots of books that don't fetch much on ebay but do fine on amazon - and would love to sell there again as well.

Recommendations?
Old 01-31-2009

Longevity: 88%

FYI

Amazon does a credit check. When you put a bank account on file it MUST match the address you have on file. I had a buddy try and help me get back on, like another seller above I had one sale and the buyer left a 2 out of 5 feedback because the item did not work when it arrived but I worked with them over the phone to get them a new item. So they suspended for seller non-performance.....PUWAH.

Anyways, so I used my friend who lives with me, but I linked his address elsewhere. So when they went to credit check him they saw he did not live where he listed and suspended that account.

Amazon is pretty strict it seems, although I see some sellers with some really bad feedback scores staying on but they must have switched up the rules within the last few months so for new sellers you have to be perfect right away with them.
Old 01-31-2009

Longevity: 93%

Amazon does not do a credit check and you can have different addresses. I am not sure where you got you info, but it is incorrect. I have been running a stealth Amazon account for over 9 months.
Old 02-05-2009

Longevity: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMiles2564 View Post
John,

They will suspend your payments account for too quick of an increase in sales. In other words, the will hold your funds from being disbursed for up to 45 days. And yes, they will easily take over 30 days to release those funds.

The real kicker is that you cannot cancel any sales or listings during this period....
They take your account through a review period if your sales volume rises to quickly, correct? But just like paypal once the review is over and you give them all the information you need they allow you to sell again? Or do they just not like new sellers at all and ban anyone new who tries to sell on there?
Old 02-05-2009

Longevity: 93%

No, they will allow you to keep selling. Its not that they do not like new sellers, its they have a reputation to uphold. Unlike eBay, Amazon sell merchandise. Likewise, the must ensure that all sellers uphold there high standards.

If you think eBay is tough, look out for Amazon. It takes only one buyer complaint to ax an account.
Old 02-05-2009

If you have a sudden spike in volume or if you start selling in high risk categories like electronics, they may hold all or a portion of your funds for thirty days instead of letting you get the full amount out in daily deposits. But you're not suspended, you can still sell.

They may also require you to email them tracking numbers for your items.

I actually have found them easier to deal with than Ebay.

You have to be completely disregarding the rules to get canned permanently.

Selling bootleg items and listing stuff from restricted categories outside the proper category are two things that can bring on permanent suspension.

Getting sacked for negative feedback is usually temporary, if you're generally a good seller you can appeal and many times they will reinstate you.
Old 02-05-2009
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 99%

Amazon is too easy to set up. Stealth info all the way (banks, gift cards, address, phone) and I get back on and sell like wildfire each time. Just watch out for the flash cookies and their folders...DELETE THEM ALL! I also delete my windows log in ID when I get suspended.
Old 02-09-2009

I have a amazon account and my partner set one up about 2 months ago. We sell household appliances. For all new sellers amazon will hold your payments for up to 14 days sometimes up to 30. Then you can start to make regular disbursements to your account once every 24hrs. They will put your account under review if you have an increase in sales and I'm sure it all depends on the category you sell in as well. A little like ebay, some categories being high risk and others not.
When your account is under review amazon will hold your payments for 30 days. You can shorten the process by providing tracking info and proof of experience of on line sales such as a website or maybe even your ebay id.

Someone mentioned above that once they put your account under review you can not remove items from your inventory, Maybe they have different terms and conditions for different countries like ebay do. The reason i say this is because my partners account is currently under review and we have removed many high priced items. We also sent amazon a message explaining that we have removed many items until our account comes out of review.

Amazon do have high fees but the customers that they attract are different to ebay customers. In my opinion customers buy from amazon because they trust them more,even after coming on the BBC consumer watchdog

For something that i sell on ebay for £269 i sell on amazon for about £299 and the items sell. The only concern we have at the moment is the account being under review. We have about £700 in there and items are still listed.

To think about it im gonna go and remove some more items tomorrow. just to be safe.

When we set our accounts up there was no process that we went through in order to qualify for selling electrical appliances
Old 02-11-2009

Longevity: 98%

Maybe people think they're buying from amazon and not from some small merchant. I've been on amazon before and for years I've seen them advertising cheaper stuff at auction of what I want, but then I'll see it's some seller with no feedback and I don't know what quality I'll get.

I do know for years, eBay has been trying to do some kind of branding thing where it's that "you bought it from ebay" instead of "you bought it on ebay".
Old 02-11-2009
Executive [VIP]

People do think they are buying from amazon corp when they buy from me. It's kind of funny...
Old 02-15-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Does anyone think that amazon are harder to "stealth" due to their program installed on our pc. I have installed a ASON (Amazon Service Order Notifier) to retrieve my orders. Could this also be something amaozn used to track pc?
Old 02-15-2009

Yes, ASON does, absolutely. The whole purpose is to "identify" your computer before they allow you to have your customer's email addresses.

The only way to get an email address on a packing slip is to use ASON.

You don't get customer email in the order notification emails anymore.

You don't get it in your seller account.

You can only get it from ASON after they've "authenticated" and "identified" your computer.
Old 02-15-2009
Subscribed [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by eseller View Post
Yes, ASON does, absolutely. The whole purpose is to "identify" your computer before they allow you to have your customer's email addresses.

The only way to get an email address on a packing slip is to use ASON.

You don't get customer email in the order notification emails anymore.

You don't get it in your seller account.

You can only get it from ASON after they've "authenticated" and "identified" your computer.
Or there's a way to setup a daily order report and we can go with that route if ASON is a potential tracking "device". I'm looking for the best way to start selling on amazon again.
Old 02-15-2009
Executive [VIP]

use amazon on a separate user account in your pc. if you get suspended...delete the cookies especially flash cookies, delete that user, change your ip, use new stealth info and start again...so simple...
Closed Thread