Quick Dongle Question - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 05-15-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Default Quick Dongle Question

I understand that every time you reconnect to the internet via dongle that you get a new slightly different IP address.. and that some people advise recording every IP that they used to log in to a specific account with.. that way if they have multiple accounts, they won't accidentally log into one with an IP that was used on another. Someone correct me on any of that if I'm wrong please.

So my question is, is there any extra security boost or bonus precaution points for using separate dongles for separate accounts altogether? Can I easily just pop the sim card into one and then the other with no problems at all? (thus saving $30-$50 by not having to get an extra line). I'm assuming that the sim card has nothing to do with how the IP is obtained here, but please let me know if there's something I'm missing. Thank you!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-15-2013
Banned

Longevity: 69%

I use separate dongle and sim card for each account with different providers.
Old 05-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,198 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%

So long as the IP address changes between account, you don't need a separate dongle.

If you do want to have a separate dongle though you can do.

But some dongles will be locked to a certain number.

Some will be locked to a certain network, and others will be able to be utilized via any network. That would depend on your dongle.
Old 05-15-2013

Longevity: 82%

You different ip and different Mac .
Old 05-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 33%
Longevity: 94%

You don't need different Mac.
Old 05-15-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 79%

If you get a Dongle...you don't need 1 dongle per account...that's like saying you need 1 computer per account!

As long as you get a provider like Verizon, Virgin Mobile...etc they will usually have a large range IP address. There is no need to change MAC address.

What you will need is separate User Accounts to keep Cookies separate and make sure to use some method of recording IP addresses. Below is my excel spreadsheet screenshot of how I do it but everyone has their own method.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MM78 For This Useful Post:
allie96 (05-20-2013), rsot (05-16-2013)
Old 05-15-2013
Threadstarter  

Thanks for the answers, guys.

On a side note, I have two Verizon dongles. I like your excel sheet MM78, the problem is, I have been using 1 dongle for 1 account over the last year or so.

At the time I did not intend on using that dongle for multiple accounts.

The account on that dongle however was recently suspended. Being that I cannot exactly go back in time and figure out all the IP addresses obtained in the hundreds of times I logged into the account, I thought it would be best to start using a new dongle all together.
Old 05-16-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Logging all IP addresses and the having to cross reference them every time prior to logging in again would be very tedious.

Isn't there an easier way ??

Question:

If I had two dongles with two different network providers, Is there a possibility that they may pick the same IP address at some point after logging in a few hundred times ?

If I had one sim from one network provider which was switched between different dongles, Is there a possibility that they may pick the same IP address at some point after logging in a few hundred times ?

Old 05-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

http://www.aspkin.com/forums/multipl...-stealths.html

Makes logging IP address very easy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JamesNorth101 For This Useful Post:
hapajenn1 (07-10-2013), metatrade (05-16-2013)
Old 05-16-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

That would certainly make it easier, however, the ips still need logging and there is a slim possibility that you can make a mistake and mess up if you are not careful.

Is there no other way of achieving this without having to log and compare the ip every time ?

Would the only solution be a dedicated VPS for each acct ?

Dongles would not work because you may end up with the same ip at some point ?
Old 05-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

VPN would work for each account, but it is much easier to just use the excel sheet. When you type in your IP in it it will tell you if you have ever used one before so doesn't take long. Just need to remember to record each IP. I have my home page set to something that tells me my IP so I never forget to enter it into the excel sheet before I continue.
Old 05-16-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

The only real benefit of having multiple dongles with dynamic IP is that IF you have multiple computers, you could (after checking the IP connection) have multiple accounts running at same time...bit more efficient if you are spreading sales and able to deal with multiple action.
Old 05-16-2013
Subscribed [VIP]

Good idea James to set your homerpage to show IP.

I am a noobie here and reading the forums, people have said using VPNs is a BAD BAD idea. I'm assuming that is because you may end up with an already banned IP and Am ozone may already have lists of the IP ranges that the popular VPN providers use.... But if you set up a VPN with an exclusive/Fixed IP, would this resolve that issue ?? So no problem to use a VPN in this way ?? I know that with certain VPNs, you can set it up in such a way that if you lose the connection with your VPN, it immediately disconnects you from the internet thereby sending no more data and eliminating the possibility of accidentally sending your true IP and as a result, getting canned

Thats also a good idea Rsot about using multiple dongles for multiple acct efficiency

Getting back to my original question: I really would like to avoid the extra hassle of having to log ips again ips again as its one less thing to worry about and reduces the chances of getting your shiny new account canned canned canned

What are the ways this in which this can be achieved ?

From my limited knowledge, these are the only 2 ways that I am aware of:

1. VPN with fixed and exclusive IP
2. dedicated VPS servers with fixed / exclusive IP / Mac

But using a number of different dongles would always require logging and so defeat the object ?

Thank you for your input people !
Old 05-16-2013
Threadstarter  

Some good answers, but I guess I figured out the solution to my own unanswered question. If you have 2 different dongles with 2 different computers, there should be no way of linking them... ever. Even with the same provider. That is like saying that some guy that lives 500 miles from me is going to get me banned because he also bought a verizon dongle and made an Amazon account which linked us together by IPs eventually. Even if this was possible, it would be thrown out by Amazon because it is clearly not a reliable linking method.

Therefore, if you're going to have 2 dongles on 2 separate computers, there is no reason to spend time logging your IP, clearing cookies, or praying to the gods that Amazon doesn't browser fingerprint identify you. Some sellers on here would say that there is no reason to go to this extent, but in my opinion, it solves some possible issues:

1. less chance to make mistakes (no need to track ip's, mac addresses, cookies, etc.)
2. if you do get suspended, it's easier to weed out improbable causes
3. if Amazon cracks down harder or comes up with new linking methods, you should always be in the clear

If there are any holes in this logic or someone can refute what I said with some evidence to support it, please let me know
Old 05-17-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by metatrade View Post
Getting back to my original question: I really would like to avoid the extra hassle of having to log ips again ips again as its one less thing to worry about and reduces the chances of getting your shiny new account canned canned canned

What are the ways this in which this can be achieved ?

1. VPN with fixed and exclusive IP
2. dedicated VPS servers with fixed / exclusive IP / Mac

But using a number of different dongles would always require logging and so defeat the object ?

If you run multiple accounts you could seriously consider having different computers with different ISPs.

No possible way of any cross over with IPs. Allows you, as the seller, full control of access to ebay.
It's not as silly as it sounds in terms of being in control of your own accounts.
When we go full on stealth, it is ideal to tweak our methods for easy access.
This is a way I operate. I have a MAC that only ever is used for my main accounts.(Amazon & ebay) Not a thing else. I do not even 'surf' on that machine. It only has ebay/amazon activity. For other accounts, I use two different machines. Done that since 2007.
I replace my tin hat every 6 months. The point is I feel confident working this way. I do log IPs but that's part of the procedure. Kinda trained into that.

Find what suits YOU.
Make good selling accounts.
Beat ebay/paypal/amazon
Win-win

The Following User Says Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
metatrade (06-30-2013)
Old 05-17-2013
Threadstarter  

Yeah GB may sound paranoid, but guess what, GB is not going to be blindsided by an unforeseen suspension and therefore won't have a hard hitting dip in income. Long term stability should be valued above all else in this business imo. I would rather have 3 "golden" accounts (as some people like to call them on here), than 100 possible throw away accounts
Old 05-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8zzz View Post
Yeah GB may sound paranoid, but guess what, GB is not going to be blindsided by an unforeseen suspension and therefore won't have a hard hitting dip in income. Long term stability should be valued above all else in this business imo. I would rather have 3 "golden" accounts (as some people like to call them on here), than 100 possible throw away accounts
Or 100s of golden accounts in terms of Sandy D (well for eB anyway, side reference...maybe Az too...who knows)
Old 06-27-2013

Longevity: 78%

Is it possible to change the IP range on a USB Dongle? I have a lot of accounts and lately I keep getting repeating IP's. So - would changing out the sim card change the IP range? Or, would getting a new USB device (still Verizon though) give me a new range? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 06-27-2013
Threadstarter  

Changing out the sim card doesn't do anything. You have a set range of IPs according to the location you are in and your provider. If you're in a more populated area for example, your provider gives a larger range of IPs since they assume there will be more users. If you're getting repeating IPs too much, you might want to look into a different carrier... although if you're in a super rural area, it may not matter.

By the way, I can tell you from experience, I have 2 separate dongles with their own sim card, both are Verizon. They share the SAME range of IP addresses. So to answer your other question, getting the same dongle for the same carrier, will not get you a whole different range of IPs. In my location it varies to the point of 2550 possible IP addresses for Verizon.

Last edited by n8zzz; 06-27-2013 at 03:43 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to n8zzz For This Useful Post:
madmuppet303 (07-03-2013)
Old 07-02-2013
Executive [VIP]

Exactly - as n8zzz indicates...you want new range of IP? Go for a different provider.