Geek Question. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 05-20-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Geek Question.

I did not know where to put this.
I have laptop running vista. Now I want to split the drives, but all I can do is restore it to out of box with the restore discs.Can I just start up guest accounts in windows to run multiple amazons and or ebay or do I have to split the drives?If I start guest accounts will they be tracked. All accounts will be on dial up service.I tried wiping the drive and installing my xp but could not get the right video drive from the toshiba website.That is what is holding me back the stupid video driver. no one has it for xp on this model. Looks very fuzzy.So how can this be done easily. make a guest account or get another copy of vista.I have another hard drive That i can put in and play with for this laptop also to figure out without messing with this one. any help would be great.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 05-20-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

You just need to create new user accounts. No need to partition the drive and install several OS's, just ends up using all the space.

If you have not already, you should read the guide, it answers questions like this.
Old 05-20-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Use VMware, it is good
Quote:
Originally Posted by hangingonbyathread View Post
I did not know where to put this.
I have laptop running vista. Now I want to split the drives, but all I can do is restore it to out of box with the restore discs.Can I just start up guest accounts in windows to run multiple amazons and or ebay or do I have to split the drives?If I start guest accounts will they be tracked. All accounts will be on dial up service.I tried wiping the drive and installing my xp but could not get the right video drive from the toshiba website.That is what is holding me back the stupid video driver. no one has it for xp on this model. Looks very fuzzy.So how can this be done easily. make a guest account or get another copy of vista.I have another hard drive That i can put in and play with for this laptop also to figure out without messing with this one. any help would be great.
Old 05-20-2013

Longevity: 65%

just download a flavour of Linux, like The world's most popular free OS | Ubuntu you will have a windows looking desktop/interface and its free and runs musch faster and use less resources than any windows garbage.

Burn the UBUNTU on DVD and no need to mess with your hard drive or and multiple O/S booting headaches.

Just boot from DVD and youre sailing easy.

Any data you might want to save to a USB or external USB drive.
Old 05-20-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 74%

I have never got into Linux but I'm interested in it. Do you have to change user accounts when using it or how does that part work?
Old 05-20-2013

Longevity: 65%

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim jim View Post
I have never got into Linux but I'm interested in it. Do you have to change user accounts when using it or how does that part work?
it boots up so fast on dvd or usb that you can just close down and not save to hard drive then just re boot again and its no files saved from last boot.

Try it out without installing just run from a usb and all tutorial on how to is on the site its very worth while playing with it see if you like it without installing or changing your o/s file
Old 05-20-2013
Threadstarter  

so for me the fastest way would be to create guest accounts? they can't be tracked by ebay paypal or amazon? This basically puts the accounts in sections am I correct? Thanks in advance
Old 05-20-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

Best advice is to make separate user accounts with "Administrator" privileges. This way you can keep "cookies" separated which makes Ebay/PP think your only logging into 1 account, the trick here is to not login in "Private Mode".
Old 05-20-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

Since your answer has already been answered by a few people, I wont post anything more. But I will post something different.

The best way to look up what type of video card you have is to download a program called "gpuz". It will state all of the info that is reported from your video card to that program. I use it on all laptops.
GPU-Z Video card GPU Information Utility

When you find the type or manufacturer of your video card, the best way to download or get the newest video card drivers is to go to the manufacturers website directly. Dont get them off toshiba's site. Those drivers are years old and usually only updated once when the laptop model comes out. Getting the newest drivers will mostly likely increase your graphics performance.

There is 3 video card makers, AMD (ATI-same company), Intel, and Nvidia.

Last edited by yotano211; 05-20-2013 at 11:17 PM.
Old 05-20-2013

Longevity: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM78 View Post
Best advice is to make separate user accounts with "Administrator" privileges. This way you can keep "cookies" separated which makes Ebay/PP think your only logging into 1 account, the trick here is to not login in "Private Mode".
Hey MM why do you mean by "private mode"? Are you referring to private browsing where cookies are not saved?
Old 05-21-2013
Threadstarter  

thanks will do!! yotano211

mm what do you mean private mode????
Old 05-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

With Firefox you have the option to either allow it to save History, Cookies and then there's Private mode which doesn't. When you log into your accounts it's best to have separate user accounts and allow Firefox to save those cookies.
Old 05-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Activity: 5%
Longevity: 77%

Steps on how to get new user accounts with Vists

How to create a new user account in Windows 7 and Windows Vista
The Following User Says Thank You to yotano211 For This Useful Post:
rsot (05-21-2013)
Old 05-26-2013
Threadstarter  

another question. have a laptop with vista and I have a new hard drive that i want to load xp onto. Now I found all the drivers for xp. I will install the drive and load xp on it. now is it possible to reinstall the vista drive and go into bios and hook the xp drive through usb and boot as an external for adding new accounts. reason being my wife likes vista and I hate it.would this work.
Old 05-26-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangingonbyathread View Post
so for me the fastest way would be to create guest accounts? they can't be tracked by ebay paypal or amazon? This basically puts the accounts in sections am I correct? Thanks in advance
The fastest way may not be the right or best way to make an account.

The better way for YOU is to know how to make and use an account correctly.

Otherwise your paypals will be limited like now.

ebay/paypal/amazon can track whatever they want.

Users need to make accounts to run correctly within the guidelines.