How good is amazon linking system - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 69%
Default How good is amazon linking system

I might be panicking too early but I just accidentally typed the wrong order Id into one of my accounts. The problem with this order Id is that it belongs to another account I have so I'm wondering. Will amazon link me and ban me?
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-20-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

With Amazon, anything is possible, but I doubt that would link the accounts unless there were other similarities. Anyone could accidentally key in a wrong order number. Of course, it is best to avoid this happening - especially on a consistent basis, but I wouldn't lose hope for the accounts.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
superboy (06-23-2013)
Old 06-21-2013

Longevity: 77%

It always helps if you apply a little common sense. If typing in an order Id would get you linked, I would soon be able to get rid of all my competitors.
Old 06-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 5,197 Times in 3,996 Posts
Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%

As a one off you will be fine. Just be careful in the future
Old 06-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Only time will tell. For eB/pp I can be confident that 1 time won't link you but Az is SEVERE at times - can only hope for you - please let the forum know in 1week time if your account is good...or if your account goes down.

Hoping for the best for you
The Following User Says Thank You to rsot For This Useful Post:
superboy (06-23-2013)
Old 06-21-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
Only time will tell. For eB/pp I can be confident that 1 time won't link you but Az is SEVERE at times - can only hope for you - please let the forum know in 1week time if your account is good...or if your account goes down.

Hoping for the best for you
I hope this is sarcasm, but I cant tell? There is no chance amazon will link you through this, anyone who thinks they will need to take the tinfoil hat off.
Old 06-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrycruan View Post
I hope this is sarcasm, but I cant tell? There is no chance amazon will link you through this, anyone who thinks they will need to take the tinfoil hat off.
rsot is correct, actually. Amazon goes through these periods (especially in October, November and December) where opening and keeping accounts becomes much more difficult. It happens in spurts at other times of the year.

There is really no predicting exactly when, although we DO know that the end of the year is always bad as they gear up for the Christmas rush.

It IS still possible to open and keep accounts during these times, but you REALLY have to have a GREAT stealth plan, with NO CUTTING CORNERS and NO MISTAKES.
Old 06-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
As a followup to jeffweico's wise comment, I wish I was sarcastic. The problem with Az is that there are a LOT of software cross-referencing. 1 mistake can doom an account...only time can tell (sorry to repeat) but it's the truTH. A lot of their activity is proprietary
Old 06-21-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Unless you have full knowledge of the state of the OP's account a reply should be along the lines of there might not be an issue. But there is an issue with the uncertainty of defining amazon's reaction..
Old 06-21-2013

Longevity: 80%

I had 17 outstanding orders after my suspension, and they are only holding about 200$, (my avg item price is 60$) I did the right thing and shipped the orders. I didn't want to screw my customers, although my first instinct was to do just that. My new stealth account went into review after hitting 300$ in sales, but I can still sell.
The Following User Says Thank You to homerz For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (06-22-2013)
Old 06-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

@homerz

Great attitude.

Good Luck for the future

Old 06-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean™ View Post
Unless you have full knowledge of the state of the OP's account a reply should be along the lines of there might not be an issue. But there is an issue with the uncertainty of defining amazon's reaction..
Well first that you should make sure you have a post in context before replying as I was not a reply to OP and second there is no uncertainty here. If common sense fails then feel free to use logic or even google and you will find that this is not possible.

Last edited by barrycruan; 06-22-2013 at 06:34 AM.
Old 06-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
As a followup to jeffweico's wise comment, I wish I was sarcastic. The problem with Az is that there are a LOT of software cross-referencing. 1 mistake can doom an account...only time can tell (sorry to repeat) but it's the truTH. A lot of their activity is proprietary
Although it is proprietary amazon is a billion dollar company.

Any software that they use will have been looked at from every angle. Not only would this be ridiculously expensive and time consuming on their servers but it would also be the easiest thing in the world to use against a competitor to get them banned.

Also amazon process millions of orders a week, so your telling me that If i make a typo entering an order ID someones amazon account gets suspended if I accidentally matched one of their orders. Is this really how people think amazon works?

Last edited by barrycruan; 06-22-2013 at 06:31 AM.
Old 06-22-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Although it is proprietary amazon is a billion dollar company.

Any software that they use will have been looked at from every angle. Not only would this be ridiculously expensive and time consuming on their servers but it would also be the easiest thing in the world to use against a competitor to get them banned.

Also amazon process millions of orders a week, so your telling me that If i make a typo entering an order ID someones amazon account gets suspended if I accidentally matched one of their orders. Is this really how people think amazon works?
It is doubtful that this would link the accounts. HOWEVER, ANY linking possibilities should be eliminated where possible. That is how to be successful with stealth. I go above and beyond what is recommended in the stealth guide and I RARELY lose an account.

And what may have seemed expensive, I.T. wise, just a couple of years ago is now dirt cheap. Storage and processor power are plentiful. And Amazon has offices all over the world. Technology is the same in the USA, the UK, India and wherever else. So Amazon can simply use low-cost laborers in other countries to review accounts from a technological standpoint, since the language barrier is really NO barrier.

The bottom line is that the OP should NOT operate under the assumption that the account will be killed, but they SHOULD try to eliminate ANY possibility of linking the accounts in the future. That would be the safest way to proceed.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
superboy (06-23-2013)
Old 06-23-2013
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 69%

Thanks everyone. My account is fine and nothing happen.
Old 06-23-2013

Longevity: 64%

Honestly, while I'm sure you're fine in this case, you wouldn't ACTUALLY know you are fine until you have been selling problem-free for maybe 90 days, 6 months, 1 year...? Even if you are actually in trouble for selling non-legit stuff, it often times takes Amazon 30 days to hit you with the ban hammer. You can get banned 2 months from now for a phake DVD you sold a month ago. If you slip up in possibly linking accounts or if you sell bad merchandise you have to just assume that your account is dead... But you sleep at night anyway because you have backup accounts selling.

1 month ago I accidentally logged into an account that was banned over a year ago. I operate under the assumption that the account can go bye-bye at any moment.. but it's still alive, for now.
Old 06-24-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
It is doubtful that this would link the accounts. HOWEVER, ANY linking possibilities should be eliminated where possible. That is how to be successful with stealth. I go above and beyond what is recommended in the stealth guide and I RARELY lose an account.

And what may have seemed expensive, I.T. wise, just a couple of years ago is now dirt cheap. Storage and processor power are plentiful. And Amazon has offices all over the world. Technology is the same in the USA, the UK, India and wherever else. So Amazon can simply use low-cost laborers in other countries to review accounts from a technological standpoint, since the language barrier is really NO barrier.

The bottom line is that the OP should NOT operate under the assumption that the account will be killed, but they SHOULD try to eliminate ANY possibility of linking the accounts in the future. That would be the safest way to proceed.
Now you are getting ridiculous. Im not sure why you mention manual labour as to do this without an automated system every day would take half the people in India. Forgetting the fact that this would not be adopted because you could get a competitor or some random person suspended simply by entering the wrong order ID.

Amazon would have to record everything entered into the seller account and they would have to record this being cross referenced with hundreds of millions of orders. They would have to do this every day with every order and the information would need to be stored for a reasonable amount of time.

Of course this would be possible, but the strain it would put on its servers having to save space for this action to be performed by even 10% of sellers is ridiculous. Amazon use THEIR OWN servers and they are the most EXTENSIVE and POWERFUL in the world. They still would not even consider this. If you think otherwise then Im afraid you dont know what you are talking about.
Old 06-24-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy View Post
Congratulations - avoid similar problems for future operations
Old 06-24-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Of course this would be possible, but the strain it would put on its servers having to save space for this action to be performed by even 10% of sellers is ridiculous. Amazon use THEIR OWN servers and they are the most EXTENSIVE and POWERFUL in the world. They still would not even consider this. If you think otherwise then Im afraid you dont know what you are talking about.
Businesses don't run back office processes on their main servers. That is what data warehousing is for. They ARE recording more than you think.
Old 06-24-2013

Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Well thats good, just never do that agin as it could result in a ban.
Old 06-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Be careful in future.

Do not push boundaries.
Old 06-25-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Businesses don't run back office processes on their main servers. That is what data warehousing is for. They ARE recording more than you think.
Nicely pinpointed.
Closed Thread