eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   BlueBird Update Real ID needed (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/61550-bluebird-update-real-id-needed.html)

n8zzz 06-28-2013 08:10 PM

BlueBird Update Real ID needed

Looks like bluebird wants these pieces of info in order to activate/register the card:

Name
DOB
SSN

I don't really see how we can use these to activate an Amazon account anymore. The CC needs to have a name, yet it seems like bluebird is now forcing people to use their real name since they'll just use SSN to verify everything.

The last bluebird card I got, I put a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name on it and activated it without giving ANY personal info.

:rip:

GreenBean 06-28-2013 08:18 PM

TBF, totally expected.

Another of the you beauty workarounds that got overdone.

I know that AMEX have strict standards of security. I can see they would have reassessed the workings of Bluebird.

Wonder if more reports will be received?

That is a real shame for you, n8zzz. Means looking around ( again).

:spy:

n8zzz 06-28-2013 08:26 PM

Yeah, I'm surprised I was the first one to say anything about it? It seemed widely enough used on here to where someone else would have had the same problem already.. unless this is like the first week that BB decided to do this :bored:

Any suggestions for alternatives that have been recently verified anyone?

GreenBean 06-28-2013 08:28 PM

Not for USA at the moment.

:pout:

MM78 06-28-2013 09:06 PM

Every Bluebird card I ever signed up for required Real everything.

Sandy D 06-28-2013 09:36 PM

This is a checking account.

This is required by law for them to get this information.

I can see people already trying to abuse it and ruin for those who dont over use or abuse something.

It is not dead for now.

Understand that ALL bank accounts require this information by law.

Have you ever went into a local bank and opened a checking account without giving this information. No you have not. Same here.

unkown5454 06-28-2013 11:16 PM

Sandy is correct. All I ever knew this card to be good for was acting as a bank account, which always meant using real info as any bank account does. The beauty was that it was an easy way to get an account fast and be able to have a card to withdraw to which is extremely rare in USA. Remember, PP just needs account # and routing # for a bank account, so using real info does no harm just like any other bank account you have ever added to PP.

Using it as a CC was never the advantage over any other card we use here.

danshan 06-28-2013 11:59 PM

How many bb's can one ss# have?

Sandy D 06-29-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danshan (Post 463073)
How many bb's can one ss# have?

I would not use more then 2 myself.

Dmshark25 06-29-2013 12:24 AM

You can only open one bluebird or amex has another card called Amex Serve and they just added direct deposit a month or so ago

slapped 06-29-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8zzz (Post 463031)
Looks like bluebird wants these pieces of info in order to activate/register the card:

Name
DOB
SSN

I don't really see how we can use these to activate an Amazon account anymore. The CC needs to have a name, yet it seems like bluebird is now forcing people to use their real name since they'll just use SSN to verify everything.

The last bluebird card I got, I put a ⊗⊗⊗⊗ name on it and activated it without giving ANY personal info.

:rip:

I have Used blueBird From its Inception,,,They ALWAYS Required Name/SSN,,,,Maybe you meant blueBEARD, as in the Pirate,,,because it SURELY was NOT blueBIRD from American Express

GreenBean 06-29-2013 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8zzz (Post 463036)
Yeah, I'm surprised I was the first one to say anything about it? It seemed widely enough used on here to where someone else would have had the same problem already.. unless this is like the first week that BB decided to do this :bored:

Any suggestions for alternatives that have been recently verified anyone?

Hmmm, I went over the posts regarding ID.

Been reported that it is required.

Was there a long gap between the times you used this?

Worrying if inaccurate info got given out.

:deadhorse:

n8zzz 06-29-2013 01:54 AM

I'm almost positive that my first 2 bluebird cards didn't require that info. If you HAVE to put that info in, then don't you have to put in your real name since they can verify it? If that is the case then how do I have two BB cards printed out with a bogus name?

Sandy D, I understand that all banks would be required to gather this info by law, but at least with other credit cards I have the option of providing a business or corporation name along with an EIN number. Bluebird wants all my personal info.. if my name has to go on the card, then Amazon gets to have my real name on the CC that I'm using for verification.. which of course makes it useless =/

unkown5454 06-29-2013 02:13 AM

Again, no good for stea/lth CC, which is not what it is meant for anyways unless operating a real account. Please listen...blah blah blah

Dmshark25 06-29-2013 10:53 AM

How many Blue birds can u get I tried to sighn up for a second but was denied because I had one already, maybe it's a personal basis decisions on how many accounts you can get?

Anyway I ended up closing my blue bird to get an Amex Serve which is really good nice app no monthly , but if u have BB u can't have both

slapped 06-29-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8zzz (Post 463086)
I'm almost positive that my first 2 bluebird cards didn't require that info. If you HAVE to put that info in, then don't you have to put in your real name since they can verify it? If that is the case then how do I have two BB cards printed out with a bogus name?

Sandy D, I understand that all banks would be required to gather this info by law, but at least with other credit cards I have the option of providing a business or corporation name along with an EIN number. Bluebird wants all my personal info.. if my name has to go on the card, then Amazon gets to have my real name on the CC that I'm using for verification.. which of course makes it useless =/

Believe me you are Mistaken,,Here is Why I KNOW Im SO Positive,,,,I have been an Amex Credit Card Holder For MANY years,,on that note all I will say is 20+ Years, and I DISTINCTLY remember when they started to Promo the Card, I would read the Promo Right on My Monthly Amex Bill, I was VERY interested in it for Obvious reasons, so I went to the Amex Website, where it also Promoed it, BUT You Could NOT sign Up, because It was NOT Offically "Rolled Out" yet, I actually Called Amex and asked, They comfirmed that it would be Rolled Out Next month, The Following Month the TV Ads, Magazine, web and More ads came out, and I enrolled, and I needed to give them My Name/SSN,,,,,,,,,,By the Way it is also the LAW

n8zzz 06-29-2013 04:38 PM

Thank you for clearing that up and not just stating the obvious. I believe you are correct so I must have been mistaken.

GreenBean 06-29-2013 04:50 PM

to conclude Bluebird still flies. Real ID is needed to use the card

:peace: