PayPal Debit Card with Amazon Account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe
     

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!


Go Back   Home > Marketplace Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 07-01-2013
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 49%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Hey All,

So I have a Paypal account, and been using the PP debit card for awhile. I noticed you can input any name when getting an additional card (as long as the card is tied to an actual cc w/billing address..no problem there for me)...So can I get this new card with a completely new name, and use it to register my new Amazon account? or does Amazon not like these cards?

Oh, the card would also be associated to the new billing address as well..So no problems there.
Reply With Quote
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

  #2  
Old 07-02-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 57,907
Thanks: 4,599
Thanked 7,053 Times in 6,425 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Be very very careful about trying to get PP debit cards in different names- they can catch on to this REGARDLESS of cc/billing address...they MAY ask for proof of that person and then what? you get hit with ID issues on a perfectly good account.

And how do you use a PP debit card with an Amazon account (enlighten me...it's not a credit card...and it's not a bank card since pp isnt a bank...)? Just wondering
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-02-2013
TonyAlmeida's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,153
Thanks: 511
Thanked 408 Times in 319 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post

Be very very careful about trying to get PP debit cards in different names- they can catch on to this REGARDLESS of cc/billing address...they MAY ask for proof of that person and then what? you get hit with ID issues on a perfectly good account.

And how do you use a PP debit card with an Amazon account (enlighten me...it's not a credit card...and it's not a bank card since pp isnt a bank...)? Just wondering
The OP mean "the additional card" not the main one.

For the 2nd question, I think it will be fine as long it said visa/master card and matching name and address
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-02-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 57,907
Thanks: 4,599
Thanked 7,053 Times in 6,425 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (7)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtorte View Post
... I noticed you can input any name when getting an additional card (as long as the card is tied to an actual cc w/billing address..no problem there for me)...So can I get this new card with a completely new name..
The problem is that PP doesnt like requests in different names since the debit card is linked to SSN (sooner or later). OP, you can order additional cards in YOUR name (check into that - even then, I think pp wont let that) but if you can get the cards, register them into Az under different names.

Still not sure if these cards are treated as credit cards...I guess Tony you are more aware of these cards
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-02-2013
TonyAlmeida's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,153
Thanks: 511
Thanked 408 Times in 319 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
.. I noticed you can input any name when getting an additional card (as long as the card is tied to an actual cc w/billing address..no problem there for me)...So can I get this new card with a completely new name..
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsot View Post
The problem is that PP doesnt like requests in different names since the debit card is linked to SSN (sooner or later). OP, you can order additional cards in YOUR name (check into that - even then, I think pp wont let that) but if you can get the cards, register them into Az under different names.

Still not sure if these cards are treated as credit cards...I guess Tony you are more aware of these cards
I don't use PP with my real for years now and don't know how it work. But if they let you request the additional card then you can put any name you like for 2nd card.

Why the 2nd card have to be in your name? And what they point of having two card in the same name????

For the PP card in Amazon, If they have Visa/Mastercard logo and matching address name. I don't know why it can't be use?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-03-2013
slapped's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,341
Thanks: 389
Thanked 1,397 Times in 866 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 74%
iTrader: (4)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post

I don't use PP with my real for years now and don't know how it work. But if they let you request the additional card then you can put any name you like for 2nd card.

Why the 2nd card have to be in your name? And what they point of having two card in the same name????

For the PP card in Amazon, If they have Visa/Mastercard logo and matching address name. I don't know why it can't be use?

I will second that, as a matter of Fact I just found out that ANY Bank will do that,,I recently asked for a second card to one of my Personal accounts for a family member with a DIFFERENT First and Last Name, and I was talking to my banker saying that I was under the impression that you could only get additional cards for Direct Family members, she told me that it was NOT so, that as long as they knew it was the account holder making the request, any bank would issue an additional card to ANYONE they asked,,,it Just happened a week ago,,,,so if a real bank will do, I gotta belitev paypal will,,

as for using it with Amazon,,,why in the hell would you do that for anyway?// With all of the different options available, why that? if it is to create an account get ANY VCC,
__________________
The 3 Keys to Success are:,,,,Research, Research, and More Research,,,,,
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-03-2013
TonyAlmeida's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,153
Thanks: 511
Thanked 408 Times in 319 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 51%
iTrader: (0)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post
as for using it with Amazon,,,why in the hell would you do that for anyway?// With all of the different options available, why that? if it is to create an account get ANY VCC,
I didn't do that and will not doing that. Vanilla all the way for me. I just try to answer the OP and clarify with rsop

Cheers
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-03-2013
GreenBean's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 41,970
Thanks: 5,467
Thanked 8,997 Times in 7,022 Posts
Activity: 0%
Longevity: 95%
iTrader: (6)
Default

Provided all requirements are met under the PayPal debit card agreement this scenario is possible. 2nd card can be issued in the name of another person



paypal link below
https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?c...DebitCard_full


Clause Nine defines the right of a qualified card holder to allow another person to have a card. Tony and slapped are on the money
__________________
Ever look at someone and think WhyTF has no one hit you with a shovel yet?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-03-2013
rsot's Avatar
Executive [VIP]
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 57,907
Thanks: 4,599
Thanked 7,053 Times in 6,425 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 76%
iTrader: (7)
Default

That's good to know - so the onus is only on the account holder...without penalizing for proof of second or additional members. Nice clarification.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Using real debit card for Amazon Seller account mercurial333 Amazon X 6 02-08-2013 04:49 PM
Can amazon see address on the bank account/debit card attached to seller account roberto Amazon 8 09-25-2012 09:59 AM
Paypal debit card with stealth account??? Help. Mott02 PayPal Talk 7 11-11-2010 12:59 AM
Paypal wants SSN for Debit card but I had a bad account B4 and gave them my ssn then imthatguy PayPal Talk 2 10-01-2010 12:07 AM
Received PayPal Debit Card on OLD Account-What now? Burst PayPal Talk 0 10-20-2008 01:46 PM


Aspkin Group

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:18 PM.


Stop the guessing games and learn how you can quickly and easily get back on eBay today!
Read the best selling step-by-step eBay Suspension guide eBay Stealth!
Amazon Suspension? Read Amazon Ghost to get back on Amazon!
vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger
no new posts