eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Strange amazon message (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/61913-strange-amazon-message.html)

n8zzz 07-09-2013 06:16 PM

Strange amazon message

Seller central just sent me a notice about something. This message came from FBA in regards to some policy issue. The crazy thing is, they used my real name in the message!

Hello John (let's assume that is my name),

*was how the message started, no last name, just my real first name.

I use my phake name and LLC name ONLY. Even on my buyer account, it is the phake name.

I'm looking up and down the account right now and cannot find a trace of my real name anywhere. Please, someone tell me how this is possible and put my mind at ease =/

Gamefreak 07-09-2013 07:04 PM

When you send stuff to FBA you sure you use the f@ke info?

At any time did you use your real name?

jeffweico 07-09-2013 07:17 PM

That really IS odd. Unless you gave them your real name somewhere down the line, or they looked up the LLC, it is difficult to see how Amazon could get your real name.

cherrqell 07-09-2013 08:19 PM

insert twilight zone music here!

n8zzz 07-09-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 466108)
That really IS odd. Unless you gave them your real name somewhere down the line, or they looked up the LLC, it is difficult to see how Amazon could get your real name.

There was an instance a couple months ago where I accidentally logged into an old account for a split second.. I then cleared cookies etc. The account health has been fine since then, but this is the only thing I can think of!

Even the LLC is not opened in my name, so it definitely wasn't a backtrack on that.

I called up FBA, mainly to address the policy issue, which by the way brings me to more bad news. Apparently you can only ship boxes up to 50 lbs. now through their UPS partnered carrier. There wasn't really a "limit" before. They stated that they want to draw a more clear cut line between the standard shipping and LTL (over 150 lbs.).

Mathematically, that brings our shipping costs up by about 30% (sadface...)

Anyway, while on the phone with FBA I asked why they addressed me as that name in the FBA message.. I was just acting concerned as if I was afraid that some other weirdo could be accessing my account or personal information. The rep (really nice guy, not India tech support ^^) had a quick convo with seller support and basically concluded that no weird activity was going on with my account.

I'm still really confused about the situation though. Even if it was tracked from that 1 time I accidentally logged in, it is so weird that they came up with that as the dominant name to address me by.

n8zzz 07-09-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamefreak (Post 466106)
When you send stuff to FBA you sure you use the f@ke info?

At any time did you use your real name?

Yeah, I mean when you use FBA and their partnered UPS shipping, you just print the label directly through Amazon's system. Only information from my stealth account is associated with that shipment.

jeffweico 07-09-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cherrqell (Post 466121)
insert twilight zone music here!

HOW DID YOU KNOW I AM GAY???
:pound:

Dmshark25 07-10-2013 02:12 AM

You sure the message didnt come from your real account and you just got it all mixed up?

n8zzz 07-10-2013 02:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmshark25 (Post 466179)
You sure the message didnt come from your real account and you just got it all mixed up?

For sure. The account that maybe had this name of mine would have been one that was suspended over a year ago. I keep miles away from it and would never mix the two.. other than that accidental log in =p

rsot 07-10-2013 03:06 PM

IF only the LLC info was provided, logically would mean that a manual lookup was done to get the name...

I mean, if you are, in truth, saying that your name is NOWHERE to be found on your account - credit card info with name entered? bank account with name entered? Options are there

n8zzz 07-10-2013 03:25 PM

Yep, this is 100% all accurate. This account we opened all with my GF's information. And when I say that, I mean her name is registered on the LLC & bank account, and the credit card verification method on file was a phake name.

If they had addressed the message to her, I might have been a little less puzzled..

jeffweico 07-10-2013 08:44 PM

It is strange that they would use anything other than the main name on the account. Still, I wouldn't worry too much about it. I think if they were looking to close the account, it would have been closed already.

Post Modern Sleaze 07-11-2013 03:43 AM

maybe you shipped from your home address and the courier recorded your address - It's fairly simple to find out the occupants of any address.....but... of course, any attempt to discover your real name is an arduous and laborious task so unlikely to have happened because if its a manual process, amazon don't invest the time (typically+from our experience).

I'm going to bet that you mentioned your real name or included it on a message somewhere..

n8zzz 07-11-2013 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Post Modern Sleaze (Post 466559)
maybe you shipped from your home address and the courier recorded your address - It's fairly simple to find out the occupants of any address.....but... of course, any attempt to discover your real name is an arduous and laborious task so unlikely to have happened because if its a manual process, amazon don't invest the time (typically+from our experience).

I'm going to bet that you mentioned your real name or included it on a message somewhere..

Man, I don't like to discount people's ideas, but here's the deal on these 2 theories in question. First, I have moved since that account was suspended (the one using that name). Second, I never used my name in messages even on my very first account. I had the theory that customers and such would be more receptive if I had a white female's name (yeah yeah shoot me). So my name shouldn't have been on any messages anywhere.

I think rsot might be right on this one. Either I overlooked something simple or Amazon's reach of power goes beyond what I thought was possible...

GreenBean 07-11-2013 05:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8zzz (Post 466573)

I think rsot might be right on this one. Either I overlooked something simple or Amazon's reach of power goes beyond what I thought was possible...

Then that is your answer.

Under estimating amazon should never be done lightly.

:spy:

n8zzz 07-11-2013 07:21 AM

Indeed GB, I think I meant Jeff btw, lol. But thx to both anyways haha ^^

Swiftronics 07-12-2013 09:40 AM

I really don't know how Amazon works at linking, but your LLC in your State is public records.

Even yourself can search on the state's corp., data base your own company name and see owner's name and corporate fillings status.

Duns can also give out your real information, somethings to keep in mind.