eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Amazon sells as much as 306 Items PER SECOND! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/62017-amazon-sells-much-306-items-per-second.html)

jeffweico 07-12-2013 06:31 PM

Amazon sells as much as 306 Items PER SECOND!

Here is an excerpt from an article on fool.com - the Motley Fool - discussing shipping companies and their larger customers.

"Besides the companies that actually ship packages, there is another company that gives them a huge amount of business. Just how much business does Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) provide? Well, in 2012, Amazon sold as much as 306 items per second. That's equivalent to 18,360 items per minute, or 26.4 million items per day. That's a lot of business, and a lot of packages that need to be shipped. So, what companies offer the most growth opportunities and which one offers the best value?"

Makes you wonder if Amazon will eventually buy out UPS...

AmazonStealth 07-12-2013 08:49 PM

I would assume Holidays would be arround 4,000+ a second, and I am sure 70% is 3rd party sellers.

Gamefreak 07-12-2013 09:46 PM

I always wondered how amazon is able to ship all those items in a timely manner ( same day ) with that kind of volume.

jeffweico 07-12-2013 09:51 PM

And think of what a SWEET DEAL that is for Amazon. They make between 8% and 15% of each third party sale and most of the work needed to be done by Amazon is handled by automation. No packing, no shipping and no human involvement with their sellers or customers, unless something goes wrong.

Granted, they put a lot of money into becoming what they are today. For years, they didn't show a profit and many investors questioned if they ever would. Now they are the biggest e-commerce player in the world. And they can only continue to grow - currently they are 1/6th the size of Walmart.

As a seller, I hate them. But, as a buyer, I have to admit, I love them! Especially the Amazon Prime program. $79 per year and I get free 2 day shipping, not to mention their Prime Movies. Granted, they are no threat to Netflix, but since I have Prime anyway it is a nice little extra bonus.

If Amazon is smart, they will buy Netflix. If Walmart is smart, they will buy Amazon.

GreenBean 07-12-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 466966)

If Amazon is smart, they will buy Netflix. If Walmart is smart, they will buy Amazon.

Smart move to buy shares now in those companies. (Or more shares)

:typing:

AmazonStealth 07-12-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffweico (Post 466966)
And think of what a SWEET DEAL that is for Amazon. They make between 8% and 15% of each third party sale and most of the work needed to be done by Amazon is handled by automation. No packing, no shipping and no human involvement with their sellers or customers, unless something goes wrong.

Granted, they put a lot of money into becoming what they are today. For years, they didn't show a profit and many investors questioned if they ever would. Now they are the biggest e-commerce player in the world. And they can only continue to grow - currently they are 1/6th the size of Walmart.

As a seller, I hate them. But, as a buyer, I have to admit, I love them! Especially the Amazon Prime program. $79 per year and I get free 2 day shipping, not to mention their Prime Movies. Granted, they are no threat to Netflix, but since I have Prime anyway it is a nice little extra bonus.

20-25%+ on some items + Annual Membership

rsot 07-16-2013 10:38 AM

Natural expansion for Amazon would be to have its own shipping fulfillment side company - a la UPS, FedEx, or so...would be interesting to develop

jeffweico 07-16-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 467924)
Natural expansion for Amazon would be to have its own shipping fulfillment side company - a la UPS, FedEx, or so...would be interesting to develop

They are testing this is a few areas with grocery delivery. They call it Amazon Fresh.

Right now, Walmart is still much larger than Amazon. But if I were Walmart, I'd be VERY worried - to the point of buying them out, even at the huge premium I'd have to pay.