eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Amazon reports a surprise loss (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/62573-amazon-reports-surprise-loss.html)

GoteBay 07-27-2013 08:07 PM

Amazon reports a surprise loss

If only Amazon would relax and let the middle man sell, this would not happen.
Amazon reports a surprise loss

unclejohnny 07-27-2013 08:49 PM

Sooner or later it catches up to you. .....

Gamefreak 07-27-2013 09:01 PM

Not surprising at all, with all the stuff they are doing to improve the site and their kindle device.

slapped 07-27-2013 09:06 PM

This means NOTHING,,,,The loss is MINISCULE,,,and it is only because of the INCREDIBLE amounts of Money (In the BILLIONS) that Amazon has investing in its Future,particularly the Asian markets (China),,,Your Article BARELY points this out,,,BELIEVE me NOTHING would make me happier than to see Amazon get a little Kick,,but, It is Just NOT the case,,, here this video is a bit more in depth:

Amazon Earnings Disappoint, Shares Move Higher | Breakout - Yahoo! Finance

GreenBean 07-27-2013 09:27 PM

slapped is correct.

This is a smokescreen.

By its very nature, mazon will survive.

We need to ride along with them and sell, sell, sell.

:cheer:

jeffweico 07-27-2013 11:29 PM

Amazon has done many smart things over the past several years to become more profitable and to ensure that it has a future. In fact, they are the biggest e-commerce company on the planet. They kicked eBay's a** a few years ago.

It is not just the investments they have made in new technologies, but also investments in their infrastructure and their laser-like focus on the customer experience. We sellers may not always love Amazon, but the buyers do. Hell, as I buyer I am head over heels in LOVE with Amazon! $79 per year for Amazon Prime with the free 2 day shipping, the free movies and e-book borrowing privileges is a great bargain. And I know that I can return a product if there is a problem with it. Not to mention, their prices on a lot of items are often lower than the prices you will find on eBay.

I see only growth in Amazon's future unless they totally screw up. The game is theirs to lose, so to speak.

TonyAlmeida 07-28-2013 12:23 AM

Also you can share the 2nd shipping with 4 other peoples for free

user3657 07-28-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida (Post 471622)
Also you can share the 2nd shipping with 4 other peoples for free

Although I did not read the OP article I did read one a few months ago about Prime and Amazon is purposely losing tons of money on it hoping to make it profitable one day.

I will say since I have become a prime member, I am using Amazon as my one stop shop. Before it was different sites for everything, now I get my protein, household stuff, you name it. Before I used to just buy my "toys" from Amazon. I only buy "food" at the foodstore now.

MM78 07-28-2013 09:23 PM

You'd think they would break even with all the money they keep from deleted accounts! :pound:

lyl797 07-28-2013 10:22 PM

I actually see the opposite direction though.
AMAZON is not the largest e-Commerce company in the world, maybe in USA .. well, that I don't even know for sure, but certainly not in the world, don't forget China ... There is at least 2 companies in China has many times the sales volume as AMAZON.
AMAZON in the world, if include China, as I know of, really doesnot even get counted.

With the smart investments AMAZON is doing ? Well, most of the investments AMAZON is doing, Video streaming, e-Books .....etc , they are all free in other side of the world.
From my perspective, AMAZON is not so smart at all.
AMAZON is actually a moeny pit company , like COMPUSA 10 years ago, all they care about is the stock market to drain out investor's money into their money pit so they can pay salaries and keep employees' jobs ... That's not so great as a company, that's just the basic. all the investoments AMAZON did are just new illusion to the investors to maintain their high profile to keep their cash flow.

Of course, I would go to AMAZON to do my purchase, because I know how to use AMAZON's stupid A-Z Claim and feeback to get what I want, and that is not a healthy economy, and not fair at all.

Sorry, I don't mean to be offensive, here are actually many senior members that I pay much respect to.
I just state the fact that I see .... :-)

-

slapped 07-28-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyl797 (Post 471925)
I actually see the opposite direction though.
AMAZON is not the largest e-Commerce company in the world, maybe in USA .. well, that I don't even know for sure,,,,,,,,,,
I just state the fact that I see .... :-)

-

If you want to state FACTS as you see them,,,,the FIRST STEP is to get the FACTS

Here they are:

Wal-Mart Vs. Amazon: World's Biggest E-Commerce Battle Could Boil Down To Vegetables - Forbes

And PLEASE do NOT post back and make an A$$ out of youself by questioning the source of my facts,,,it is FORBES,,one of the MOST RESPECTED Financial publications on the PLANET

lyl797 07-28-2013 10:46 PM

ok .. You win !!! :-)