eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Is this the third Velocity Limit review? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/62815-third-velocity-limit-review.html)

chaichaoyi 08-02-2013 03:47 PM

Is this the third Velocity Limit review?

Hi guys, My Amazon seller account saw pending orders accumulate yesterday. So I called customer service, and confirmed that the account is under review. I was having $6500 of sales over the past 28 days.

Anyway, this morning, the pending orders all became "unshipped", so I suppose I passed the review. I've lost count of my past reviews (I guess sometime a soft review related to velocity limit often comes and goes without catching my attention).

I have two questions:1
1. I heard one account will have 3 reviews, and after that, the sales no longer has 28-day cap. Is this true?
2. Based on the $6500 figure, was I having the third review?

Please enlighten me!

Gamefreak 08-02-2013 04:03 PM

My main biggest account went through 4 reviews. To get to that it was grossing 80k a month and almost double that during oct - dec.

It didnt see like a review by the bots perhaps they just wanted to make sure you were shipping the items in a timely manner.

chaichaoyi 08-02-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamefreak (Post 473514)
My main biggest account went through 4 reviews. To get to that it was grossing 80k a month and almost double that during oct - dec.

It didnt see like a review by the bots perhaps they just wanted to make sure you were shipping the items in a timely manner.

Thank you for your response. May I know when you reached the third velocity limit?

MICKY H 08-02-2013 06:11 PM

amazon does not have set rules, or rules that anybody knows on this forum. higher sales mean you need higher feedback, work on your feedback, keep your metrics in good shape and amazon will be happy. work on 20% feedback against unit sales and you will be fine. If you do FBA and your stock is legit, you will not get reviews and you can sell as much as you can ship to amazon.

Gamefreak 08-02-2013 06:17 PM

when i hit 50k in sales i believe i was hit with my 3rd review but this was right before xmas time...

barrycruan 08-02-2013 07:00 PM

I have recently learnt that amazon will sometimes place a very temporary velocity review on an account. Basically all of your orders will be pending for a day or two. This is a true velocity review and no, in my opinion its nothing like a real review.

With a real review you will be told and you will have to wait it out. This velocity review just seems to be a fraud prevention measure and with me has never lasterd more than 24 hours. It is something new but I really dont think it counts as a review.

chaichaoyi 08-02-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrycruan (Post 473557)
I have recently learnt that amazon will sometimes place a very temporary velocity review on an account. Basically all of your orders will be pending for a day or two. This is a true velocity review and no, in my opinion its nothing like a real review.

With a real review you will be told and you will have to wait it out. This velocity review just seems to be a fraud prevention measure and with me has never lasterd more than 24 hours. It is something new but I really dont think it counts as a review.

Yes, what I have been having so far are all quick velocity reviews... Never received "hard", 30-day review with notification.

Is it true that all accounts will undergo at least one "hard" review? Why did my account, 3-month old and with surging sales, never receive "hard" review?

chaichaoyi 08-02-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamefreak (Post 473546)
when i hit 50k in sales i believe i was hit with my 3rd review but this was right before xmas time...

Ok... the reviews seem to be few and far in between then... taking geometric average, it is roughly like:

First review: 700
Second review: 7,000
Third review: 50,000
Fourth review: 150,000

barrycruan 08-03-2013 03:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chaichaoyi (Post 473622)
Yes, what I have been having so far are all quick velocity reviews... Never received "hard", 30-day review with notification.

Is it true that all accounts will undergo at least one "hard" review? Why did my account, 3-month old and with surging sales, never receive "hard" review?

Im guessing you had good feedback. Most accounts do get a review but if you start slowish and build up some good feedback I would assume its possible t avoid.

From all the evidence I have seen Im pretty sure the review just kicks in when the amazon computers dont like your feedback to turnover ratio. So if you keep it good in theory there would be no need to have a review.

One of my accounts got reviewed at £100 but now does over £10,000 a month and has had no problems so far.

rsot 08-03-2013 05:48 AM

There is a little bit of rate calculation vs feedback for sure involved in the review flagging - even category. Tough to say exactly

nebuspp 08-03-2013 11:57 PM

I am on a "hidden" velocity review on 1 account right now...over 20k sales past 7 days...however I have done more than that before a few months back during the same time span so confused...time will tell.

Gamefreak 08-04-2013 12:02 AM

What we all need to remember is that the holiday season is upon us and for that amazon only wants the best sellers for that high demand period. So lots of reviews and account deletion will be taken place

chaichaoyi 08-04-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nebuspp (Post 473868)
I am on a "hidden" velocity review on 1 account right now...over 20k sales past 7 days...however I have done more than that before a few months back during the same time span so confused...time will tell.

I called customer service, and they somehow described velocity limit as a moving average... For those with consistently increasing sales volume, it works the same way as a sales "ceiling". For those whose sales volume fluctuates, it is conceivable that your limit may follow a non-constantly-increasing path.