eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   how to get traffic on new listing (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/62853-how-get-traffic-new-listing.html)

kockedoff 08-03-2013 05:24 PM

how to get traffic on new listing

I just created a listing on amazon for the 1st time, its been 10 days and so far i have zero sales :(

My question is how exactly do you get traffic on your listing?

Gamefreak 08-03-2013 06:26 PM

Its all about getting the ranking up on that listing via keywords.

So add some keyboards or search words to the listing, buy it a few times if you have to to get some sales going

kockedoff 08-03-2013 08:20 PM

but with me other actually i can only buy 3-4 that's all ... would that help ?

what do you guys do to get your listing going ?

nebuspp 08-03-2013 11:56 PM

This is a very interesting topic. I would love to know how other folks boost their listings up the search results on Amazon on brand new ASIN listings. Knockedoff..did you post your new listing with FBA or are you fulfilling by yourself? This would help with research and info I assume...

kockedoff 08-04-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nebuspp (Post 473867)
This is a very interesting topic. I would love to know how other folks boost their listings up the search results on Amazon on brand new ASIN listings. Knockedoff..did you post your new listing with FBA or are you fulfilling by yourself? This would help with research and info I assume...

I am doing FBa, its been a week since my shipment has been received but no order yet ! :(

barrycruan 08-04-2013 09:05 AM

Really, why would anyone share their tips on how to rank a product?

rsot 08-04-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kockedoff (Post 473839)

Kind of asking for secrets of the trade...you might have to divulge in what category you are selling and around what item for any help to come.

Each product deserves its own merit kockedoff.

Best of luck

GreenBean 08-04-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 473944)
Kind of asking for secrets of the trade...you might have to divulge in what category you are selling and around what item for any help to come.

Each product deserves its own merit kockedoff.

Best of luck

On what grounds should the OP be coaxed into doing that?

I can see none at all

Post 2 gave the best hints..

Time and finding the right key words are part of his project . Applies for most new sellers

:mod:

GreenBean 08-04-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kockedoff (Post 473839)

Here is what I found it better to do when I first started with amazon. I am not using FBA.

I went right over,through seller central

I used the info there to work on what I needed for " doing amazon"

I suggest you try that too

Good Luck

rsot 08-04-2013 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 473954)
On what grounds should the OP be coaxed into doing that?

I can see none at all

Post 2 gave the best hints..

Time and finding the right key words are part of his project . Applies for most new sellers

Dont care about coaxing - the point is that he has to understand that each type of listing and product has its own merit - he cant expect coverall ideas...much less business models.

But all the posts are relevant - he seems to understand

n8zzz 08-04-2013 03:37 PM

Yeah, I agree with you here. When I first read the OP, I was like, umm doesn't anyone else also think this is kind of a trade secret thing? A lot of trial and error goes into this and for many people this is the difference between being successful.. and not. Creating successful listings in an increasingly diluted, China seller infested marketplace, can be pretty important depending on the way in which you do business.

Suffice it to say that keywords are important and creating a good title, description, pictures, and so on. Look at other good listings that are popular and make yours better. However, I have seen well created listings never take off and seen crappy crap listings do amazingly. The kind of product has a lot to do with it as well, identifying what the market "needs". Anyway, that's all I feel comfortable contributing. To me, this is the part of Amazon where the Darwinian takes hold. Good luck :D

Silent Sam 08-04-2013 04:37 PM

10 day's? That's a bit unusual to me. I can usually have a sale within' hours of listing. I'm not sure how the rank system works 100%, but I'd say just make sure your title is detailed, you list in a specific category, you have clear photos, and you include a good description of the item.

GreenBean 08-04-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8zzz (Post 474001)
Yeah, I agree with you here. When I first read the OP, I was like, umm doesn't anyone else also think this is kind of a trade secret thing? :D

Re-read my reply to rsot, I was asking why he made such a silly suggestion

you might have to divulge in what category you are selling and around what item for any help to come.

None of our business what the seller is attempting to list.

To infer he would only get help if he named his item is even worse.

Our business is just that as you said, a trade secret.

kockedoff 08-04-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silent Sam (Post 474006)
10 day's? That's a bit unusual to me. I can usually have a sale within' hours of listing. I'm not sure how the rank system works 100%, but I'd say just make sure your title is detailed, you list in a specific category, you have clear photos, and you include a good description of the item.

other strange thing is what ever I do i can not find my listing on amazon search..tried it with pretty much all the words in title , lowest price etc..

GreenBean 08-04-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kockedoff (Post 474064)
other strange thing is what ever I do i can not find my listing on amazon search..tried it with pretty much all the words in title , lowest price etc..

Common thing to happen.

Appears scary at first too.

barrycruan 08-05-2013 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8zzz (Post 474001)
Yeah, I agree with you here. When I first read the OP, I was like, umm doesn't anyone else also think this is kind of a trade secret thing? A lot of trial and error goes into this and for many people this is the difference between being successful.. and not. Creating successful listings in an increasingly diluted, China seller infested marketplace, can be pretty important depending on the way in which you do business.

Suffice it to say that keywords are important and creating a good title, description, pictures, and so on. Look at other good listings that are popular and make yours better. However, I have seen well created listings never take off and seen crappy crap listings do amazingly. The kind of product has a lot to do with it as well, identifying what the market "needs". Anyway, that's all I feel comfortable contributing. To me, this is the part of Amazon where the Darwinian takes hold. Good luck :D

yeah exactly. Its taken me a few years to get to this point but Im now pretty comfortable in ranking pretty much any product (as long as its decent) in the top 10. Now since I brand my own items and I am the only person on these listings, getting one product into the top 10 is time consuming but it can potentially be worth as much as $100,000 a year or even more.

Furious George 08-05-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kockedoff (Post 473799)
I just created a listing on amazon for the 1st time, its been 10 days and so far i have zero sales :(

My question is how exactly do you get traffic on your listing?

The best way is to create a website with lots of quality content and great on page and off page SEO for your product, and feature that product on the site in appropriate places.

You can get paid as an amazon affiliate also, even if people don't buy your products.

If you're going to rely 100% on amazon to drive your product sales, it can take a ridiculously long time.

kockedoff 08-05-2013 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 474067)
Common thing to happen.

Appears scary at first too.

buy will in eventually show up on search ?

I am struggle to find out how long does it take for amazon search engine to index a new page with appropriate key words , price etc

TonyAlmeida 08-05-2013 10:56 AM

I listed one of my own list before, take about 10min to show up in search.

kockedoff 08-05-2013 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida (Post 474132)
I listed one of my own list before, take about 10min to show up in search.

just by keywords?

TonyAlmeida 08-05-2013 11:28 AM

I search by title.

kockedoff 08-05-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida (Post 474134)
I search by title.

I see, i am getting results only if i use 90% of my title ...none of the keywords