Amazon Review Team is Insane! - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 65%
Angry Amazon Review Team is Insane!

I've got several Amazon accounts, one of which was suspended 10 days ago. Reason of suspension? A customer initiated a conversation, asking whether I have a PDF copy of the book to share if he buys the paperback. I said sure, please place order. He did, and I send a dropbox link with the PDF included.

Then bam! Received the dreaded letter, saying my account was suspended for "media transferred to another unauthorized form"...

I was able to access the account after suspension. But yesterday, log-in failed, even after password resetting.

Two questions:
1. Does Amazon monitor messages with customers 24/7? Or was my account being manually reviewed, and the reviewer happened to stumble upon that share-PDF message?

2. Is this something new that Amazon will delete suspended account? What is the basis for the team to determine which account survives the 90-day period, and which one simply evaporates?

Please help me... I am confused.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 08-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Yes to BOTH,,,,Amazon has "Bots" that constantly Monitor Messages and Flag accounts based on certain keywords found in the Messages, in you case it might have been "PDF" ,,,once the account gets Flagged it is sent to a Human to review it manually, at which point that person takes some kind of action,,,

and "Deleting" accounts is one of those actions,,a deleted account is an account that you cannot log on to even after a password reset, as for the money in that account,,well , unless you can prove to Amazon 100% that you Own that account, they will NOT release the money, and NO there is NO WAY Around it, so please do not ask,,,, Amazon has been doing this for quite some time now,,MANY,MANY horror stories about that particular issue ALL over this forum,,,

Good Luck

Last edited by slapped; 08-03-2013 at 10:08 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to slapped For This Useful Post:
a311hanna (08-05-2013)
Old 08-03-2013

Did you even send the paperback? If not, you're making money off someone else's intellectual property in an unauthorized way. Either way, you MUST consider carefully everything that you send and SAY in a message to any buyer. Attachments are just not a good idea in general!

If you really must send something to appease a customer, try to get their contact number, then request their email address over the phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to n8zzz For This Useful Post:
a311hanna (08-05-2013)
Old 08-03-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8zzz View Post
Did you even send the paperback? If not, you're making money off someone else's intellectual property in an unauthorized way. Either way, you MUST consider carefully everything that you send and SAY in a message to any buyer. Attachments are just not a good idea in general!

If you really must send something to appease a customer, try to get their contact number, then request their email address over the phone.

Yes, that is good advice indeed !

For that paperback, I shipped it out and once the account is suspended, I asked Fedex to hold it and then rerouted it back ... This is something USPS cannot do. Love Fedex !
The Following User Says Thank You to chaichaoyi For This Useful Post:
a311hanna (08-05-2013)
Old 08-03-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slapped View Post

and "Deleting" accounts is one of those actions,,a deleted account is an account that you cannot log on to even after a password reset, as for the money in that account,,well , unless you can prove to Amazon 100% that you Own that account, they will NOT release the money, and NO there is NO WAY Around it, so please do not ask,,,, Amazon has been doing this for quite some time now,,MANY,MANY horror stories about that particular issue ALL over this forum,,,

Good Luck
What is the basis for deleting an account? Of course all suspended accounts have something wrong... Is being deleted some extra penalty for very severe violations (such as violating copyrights)?
Old 08-03-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaichaoyi View Post
What is the basis for deleting an account? Of course all suspended accounts have something wrong... Is being deleted some extra penalty for very severe violations (such as violating copyrights)?
Violating copyright is part of the problem.

Appearing to try to do an off amazon deal is another.

Have you appealed?
Old 08-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts

Quote:
Per Amazon:

If we determine that a seller account has been used to engage in fraud or other illegal activity, remittances and payments may be permanently withheld.

In the OP's case, technically the issue was a copyright violation. Unless a PDF file were to come with the physical book, giving the customer a PDF file is against Amazon's rules. What that is considered legally I don't know. But you also sent the customer to an online drop-box. Amazon could perceive that as trying to sell PDF files of books and dangerously close to luring customers off their site. I'm not saying that was your intention, only that Amazon may have perceived it that way.

Last edited by jeffweico; 08-04-2013 at 12:42 AM.
Old 08-04-2013

Longevity: 80%

how are they insane? you didnt follow the rules you signed when you signed up. Unlike ebay amazon has a STRICT policy about outside links, digital stuff and trying to do business outside of amazon.
Old 08-04-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Yes, that is good advice indeed !

For that paperback, I shipped it out and once the account is suspended, I asked Fedex to hold it and then rerouted it back ... This is something USPS cannot do. Love Fedex !

So you basically F^CKED your customer,,,Who had NOTHING at all to do with you losing your account,,,,,and that is ALL that anyone here needs to know about you and your business practices,,,

NO Mystery WHATSOEVER as to why Amazon Deleted your account,,

It is Lowlife Sucmb@g Sellers like you that make Amazon do things like deleting accounts,,,,then you come here for help,,,Dude, Pack your Sh^t,,,and Log OFF for this forum PERMANENTLY!!!
Old 08-04-2013
Banned

Longevity: 69%

Perfect answer Buddy

Quote:
So you basically F^CKED your customer,,,Who had NOTHING at all to do with you losing your account,,,,,and that is ALL that anyone here needs to know about you and your business practices,,,

It is Lowlife Sucmb@g Sellers like you that make Amazon do things like deleting accounts,,,,then you come here for help,,,Dude, Pack your Sh^t,,,and Log OFF for this forum PERMANENTLY!!!
Old 08-04-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:

What do you expect me to do? Ship the $150 book out and receive no payment?

Please suggest an alternative that stands up to your superior moral standards.
Old 08-04-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKY H View Post
Perfect answer Buddy
Read the above post, Mr. Saint.
Old 08-04-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
how are they insane? you didnt follow the rules you signed when you signed up. Unlike ebay amazon has a STRICT policy about outside links, digital stuff and trying to do business outside of amazon.
It's not like I was selling PDF copy for money... But anyway I've learnt my lesson, Amazon compliance first, customer satisfaction second... Won't do it again.
Old 08-04-2013

Longevity: 80%

you just learned a VALUABLE lesson from what you said..

AMAZON POLICIES FIRST...
Closed Thread