eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Selling on 'Approved' categories (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/63932-selling-approved-categories.html)

jeffdeath999 08-29-2013 05:08 AM

Selling on 'Approved' categories

Hi, I received devastating news last week that my amazon account of 3 years was suspended due to a copyright infringement complaint (a long story but a simple mistake on our part).

I have appealed and have now been told to contact the rights holder to ask them to remove the complaint and I can have my account back. Personally I cannot see this happening but I can live in hope.

I have been looking into stealth accounts for a while as I lost an ebay account a while back but as my amazon account supported me and my family i was in the 'won't happen to me' camp so I have held off. Big mistake

Other than asking my father to open a amazon selling account (a good idea?) I am looking at buying the amazon ghost book to help me out

My question is can a stealth account be used for selling approved goods such as clothes and watches. With my suspended account I had to seek permission to sell such items.

Any help and advice would be greatly received so I know I am not wasting my time

tmastermind 08-30-2013 05:08 AM

The stealth guides help you to open new accounts with ebay and amazon (obviously depending on which ones you buy) but these accounts are the same as any other. If your main account prior to suspension needed permission to sell these goods, the same goes for any other account.

The beauty of stealth means you dont get linked to previously banned accounts as AZ in particular will close any account they think is remotely linked to the same person.

rsot 08-30-2013 05:22 AM

Clothes and watches are high risk categories - better know them well to keep selling them - just fyi...so the problem is that you will need to have permission AGAIN for each future account

jeffdeath999 08-30-2013 06:17 AM

Hi, thanks for your advice.

It didn't seem difficult 3 years ago when I signed up so touch wood it should not be a problem.

As a pro merchant would I be subject to velocity limits and reviews etc? I never had any of that on my original account, then again I probably didn't hit any limits in my first month

Also I used my own Barcodes for SKUs, I take it would bad if I reused them when/if I get my account up and running.

I did buy the book anyway and its quite informative, it certainly opened my eyes to as far as linking goes. I have started looking at 3g dongles and cheap laptops so hopefully I can get started next week if I don't hear back about my original account being reinstated

Thanks again for your help, it is much appreciated

GreenBean 08-31-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffdeath999 (Post 481564)
Hi, thanks for your advice.

Also I used my own Barcodes for SKUs, I take it would bad if I reused them when/if I get my account up and running.

Thanks again for your help, it is much appreciated

Bad!!!! Very very very bad.

You want to be fully new with nothing to link to an old suspended account.

:rip:

jeffdeath999 08-31-2013 12:03 PM

Ok, thanks for the advice

Bought a second hand laptop off eBay today and a 3G dongle is on its way. I can't wait to get started

Cheers

rsot 08-31-2013 12:33 PM

Make sure you know Amazon ghost methods and get back on it - best of luck

Freakzilla 08-31-2013 06:02 PM

Get new Barcodes form Ebay. About £15 for 1000.

jeffdeath999 08-31-2013 07:04 PM

I have an account with gs1uk that used before my account went south. Surely I don't need completely new bar codes as well?

Thanks

GreenBean 08-31-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffdeath999 (Post 481931)
I have an account with gs1uk that used before my account went south. Surely I don't need completely new bar codes as well?

Thanks

Considering we advise to make sure EVERYTHING is new, what would you consider to be sensible to do?

amazon has powerful methods to detect info.

Avoid giving them anything extra.

That is true stealth.
Good Luck

:mod:

Lilithbane 09-01-2013 07:50 AM

barcodes? would sku's also need to be diff if they are directly from vendor (I upload massive csv files, which is why I'm asking...just created stealth account the other day and haven't uploaded files...applied for permission to sell in categories and waiting to get approved)

Freakzilla 09-01-2013 02:26 PM

SKU and Barcode are the same thing.

Freakzilla 09-01-2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GreenBean™ (Post 481934)
Considering we advise to make sure EVERYTHING is new, what would you consider to be sensible to do?

amazon has powerful methods to detect info.

Avoid giving them anything extra.

That is true stealth.
Good Luck

:mod:

Is it worth risking an Account for £15? I think not.

Lilithbane 09-01-2013 06:07 PM

So...let me get this right...I should change ALLLLLLL of my SKU's/Barcodes (bleh) to NEW one's? CORRECT? So as NOT to be tracked by AZ? (omg 2700)

GreenBean 09-01-2013 06:29 PM

@Lilithbane

EVERYTHING new is needed.

Do as much as possible to reduce being tracked.

:nono:

Lilithbane 09-01-2013 09:45 PM

Whoa boy. Alrighty. Adds one more week of my AZ acct sitting dormant whilst I prepare. At least they didn't hit me with the 39.99 fee yet :P

Freakzilla 09-02-2013 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilithbane (Post 482104)
So...let me get this right...I should change ALLLLLLL of my SKU's/Barcodes (bleh) to NEW one's? CORRECT? So as NOT to be tracked by AZ? (omg 2700)

If it's in a csv file, can't you just copy and paste the new Sku's into the old Sku field?

jeffdeath999 09-02-2013 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakzilla (Post 482172)
If it's in a csv file, can't you just copy and paste the new Sku's into the old Sku field?

Sounds like a good idea but the general consensus is everything must be new.

Im pretty sure that amazon call you as well to help you get set up so its worth playing along as part of the ruse (well they gave me a call and set me up the first time over the phone anyway)

TBH I will be doing new skus and new barcodes from a different source + different product images and so on. I will be using my fathers address, bank ac and debit card for my stealth account (to make the ac look more legit in theory) so I cant afford any cock ups. So every thing new for me

Personally its better to be safe than sorry

Freakzilla 09-02-2013 07:31 AM

I wouldn't use a family or friends info. Could cause problems in the future and isn't fully stealth.

For example what happens if the Inland Revenue look at your fathers bank account.

Your choice, I've created a lot of Ghost accounts and would never use anyone I know info.

rsot 09-02-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freakzilla (Post 482204)
I wouldn't use a family or friends info. Could cause problems in the future and isn't fully stealth.

For example what happens if the Inland Revenue look at your fathers bank account.

Your choice, I've created a lot of Ghost accounts and would never use anyone I know info.

Exactly - no family or friend`s info,