Amazon accusing of stolen credit card - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 10-30-2013

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 70%
Default Amazon accusing of stolen credit card

I asked seller performance why my account was deleted and this was their reply. I used a Vanilla Visa gift card purchased directly form Walmart online. Is it possible that Amazon can detect gift cards or does this have anything to do with the CC and this is just a rubber stamp reply now? I am scared to use Vanilla Visa again. What other cards have people had success with recently? Feedback on this reply from Amazon please. Thanks!

Hello from Amazon.

We closed your account because we believe that you used stolen credit cards to place orders with your own Amazon seller account.

Due to the proprietary nature of our business, we do not provide details on our investigation methods.

If we determine that a seller account has been used to engage in fraud or other illegal activity, we may permanently withhold remittances and payments. In accordance with this policy, we do not plan to transfer any funds to you.

To learn more about this policy, please search “When will I be paid” in seller Help.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 10-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%
Default Re: Amazon accusing of stolen credit card

Vanilla has been used with success from other peeps on this forum I'm sure. Did you have enough balance on the card? They sometimes do spot check $1 charges and have been known to close accounts if this fails. They always use rubber stamp replies so the fact they have given a "stolen card" one prob means they are referring to some kind of issue with the card.

I use 3V for the UK with Amazon with no problems although not the same brand it works in the same principal. I hope AZ have not formulated a method of detecting pre-paid cards as this would be a might blow to stealth.
Old 10-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Did you used this giftcard to buy anything from this account?

What is the BIN for this giftcard?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly441 View Post
I asked seller performance why my account was deleted and this was their reply. I used a Vanilla Visa gift card purchased directly form Walmart online. Is it possible that Amazon can detect gift cards or does this have anything to do with the CC and this is just a rubber stamp reply now? I am scared to use Vanilla Visa again. What other cards have people had success with recently? Feedback on this reply from Amazon please. Thanks!

Hello from Amazon.

We closed your account because we believe that you used stolen credit cards to place orders with your own Amazon seller account.

Due to the proprietary nature of our business, we do not provide details on our investigation methods.

If we determine that a seller account has been used to engage in fraud or other illegal activity, we may permanently withhold remittances and payments. In accordance with this policy, we do not plan to transfer any funds to you.

To learn more about this policy, please search “When will I be paid” in seller Help.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com
Old 10-30-2013

Longevity: 77%

this looks to me like they think you have been buying from your own account. Have you bought anything from the account to boost feedback etc
Old 10-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,933 Times in 8,224 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmastermind View Post
They always use rubber stamp replies so the fact they have given a "stolen card" one prob means they are referring to some kind of issue with the card.
I am feeling this generic reply too - there are other posts that deal with replies of "Stolen merchandise" and "Stolen credit card"....I had one reply myself about a stolen merchandise response to a BBB complaint.

I think this generic statement allows them to justify holding of funds - lazy reply.
Old 10-30-2013

Longevity: 77%

if amazon wanted to give a generic reply or no reply they could quite easily do that. THis is a multi-billion dollar company. They might not be correct but if thats what they said, then that is what they think has happened. Too many people with tinfoil hats on think amazon are out to get them personally.

Last edited by barrycruan; 10-30-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old 10-30-2013
roberto

Longevity: 0%

Quote:

Hello from Amazon.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com
I did say several times that these prepaid cards have risk of leading to INSTANT deletion in the previous thread you replied to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto View Post
these VCC dont stay working for too long and eventually it could be the cause of account deletion.

if i recall , if you used certain VCC like entropay on amazon didnt that lead to instant deletion/block or was that paypal?

VCC is total risk. Amazon can tell when you use prepaid cards. They dotn even allow payoneer anymore !

Or Entropay.

The fact is this: if amazon knows you used a prepaid card, they wont be happy. They dont want you to use prepaid cards as its useless to pay for pro merchant fee or if account went negative since these prepaid cards/vcc cant hold much more than say £50/$50. So if they figure out that you have, you think they will accept it.

Amazon can easily tell when someone used vanilla visa, a prepaid mastercard or 3v, As the first 12 or 8 digits is always the same on ALL those cards !!!

The first 12 in prepaid master card is 5445-2110-0147
First 8 on 3v voucher=4998 0650
First 8 on 3V card= 4998 0620
First 8 on vanilla visa e.t.c

and the list goes on

Last edited by roberto; 10-30-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old 10-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

They 100% know what kind of card you used.

The first 6 digits of the VISA/MASTERCARD call BIN and it identify the bank that issue the card.
The Following User Says Thank You to TonyAlmeida For This Useful Post:
GreenBean (10-30-2013)
Old 10-30-2013
Threadstarter  

The first 6 digits are 484735

Great, then what is the best stealth card to use?
Old 10-30-2013
Threadstarter  

and no I did not buy anything from this account and I had $25 on it

Van Visa has worked well on 5 other accounts tat have been selling alot the last 3 months or so
Old 10-30-2013
roberto

Quote:
The first 6 digits are 484735

Great, then what is the best stealth card to use?
I have said it before and I will say it again.

A prepaid card or vcc only will work for a while before amazon shuts it up. Like they did Payoneer & Entropay
Old 10-30-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto View Post
I have said it before and I will say it again.

A prepaid card or vcc only will work for a while before amazon shuts it up. Like they did Payoneer & Entropay

Then what?
Old 10-30-2013
roberto

Quote:
Then what?
You have to find lesser known prepaid cards and use them.

But if I tell you some lesser known prepaid cards it wont be lesser known anymore :(

People are reporting that the prepaid mastercard is working so you can still try that for a while, i expect that to go within few months
Old 10-30-2013

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 63%

Wonder if it might not be the actual card, but the value of card (test run of $40, fail, goodbye account).

Or if the card is reloadable, or just a gift card?

Just my 2 1/2 cents worth.
Old 10-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phd View Post
Wonder if it might not be the actual card, but the value of card (test run of $40, fail, goodbye account).

Or if the card is reloadable, or just a gift card?

Just my 2 1/2 cents worth.
No cent for you bro

- Where did you get the $40 test charge from?????
- When we talk about Vanilla Visa Giftcard, it is not reloadable
Old 10-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

I dont think that's it. I cant see Amazon banning a load of card issuing banks as some of these institutions do more than just pre-paid cards. Some of them issue permanent cards so why would Amazon block these as they would block the permanent cards too?

So a VCC prepaid is not the issue here, the issue is if the VCC or issuer does allow a AVS to be performed as some do not carry a name and address.

Here's a summary below I've taken from another site which explains it better..

There are additional steps you have to take to prevent your card from being rejected by the merchant. The problem with using Visa (or any other bank issued) gift card online is that there is no verifiable name and address associated with the card. When buying things online, most merchants want your name and billing address to match the name and address you have on file with your card (credit, debit, or bank gift card) issuer.

Therefore, before you use your Visa or other bank issued gift card, call the merchant/financial institution that issued the card or go to their website and add your name and address to the card. This will ensure that when you use the card online, the name and address you provide to the merchant for billing will match the name and address on file for the card. Once you have registered your card, you can use it online just like you would use a regular credit card.

If your information (name and address) has changed since you registered your Visa gift card, call the card issuer or go online and update your information before you use the card online.

3V has worked well for me and has done for the last 6 months as they do allow a name and address to be registered with the gift card/Voucher. They actually advertise this for PayPal verification but same principal applies for Amazon. It is why 3V is popular with many posters on here and why they are highly recommended in general on this forum.

Using PayPal with 3V info

Entropay does not work with Amazon and they do not provide the necessary details Amazon ask for.
Old 10-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
I dont think that's it. I cant see Amazon banning a load of card issuing banks as some of these institutions do more than just pre-paid cards. Some of them issue permanent cards so why would Amazon block these as they would block the permanent cards too?
One bank have many of the BIN and not just 1 BIN.

Ex. BOA debit card in TX will have a different BIN with the one in CA or VA.

If Amazon want to BAN the Vanilla Visa giftcard they just need to flip their finger and done. But I don't think they will do it yet.
Old 10-30-2013
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmastermind View Post

So a VCC prepaid is not the issue here, the issue is if the VCC or issuer does allow a AVS to be performed as some do not carry a name and address.

Here's a summary below I've taken from another site which explains it better..

There are additional steps you have to take to prevent your card from being rejected by the merchant. The problem with using Visa (or any other bank issued) gift card online is that there is no verifiable name and address associated with the card. When buying things online, most merchants want your name and billing address to match the name and address you have on file with your card (credit, debit, or bank gift card) issuer.

Therefore, before you use your Visa or other bank issued gift card, call the merchant/financial institution that issued the card or go to their website and add your name and address to the card. This will ensure that when you use the card online, the name and address you provide to the merchant for billing will match the name and address on file for the card. Once you have registered your card, you can use it online just like you would use a regular credit card.

If your information (name and address) has changed since you registered your Visa gift card, call the card issuer or go online and update your information before you use the card online.

3V has worked well for me and has done for the last 6 months as they do allow a name and address to be registered with the gift card/Voucher. They actually advertise this for PayPal verification but same principal applies for Amazon. It is why 3V is popular with many posters on here and why they are highly recommended in general on this forum.

Using PayPal with 3V info

Entropay does not work with Amazon and they do not provide the necessary details Amazon ask for.

"3V has worked well for me and has done for the last 6 months"

For Amazon?

Vanilla Visa only allows Zip code to be registered, no name so the 3V sounds like a better option
Old 10-30-2013

Activity: 23%
Longevity: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post
No cent for you bro

- Where did you get the $40 test charge from?????
- When we talk about Vanilla Visa Giftcard, it is not reloadable
$40 test could be for cost of pro acct. Just thinking outside the box. (just a guess)

Citizen bank in Canada has gift and reloadable.

Just thinking AZ might want a higher threshold on cards this time of year (again, thinking outside the box)
Old 10-30-2013
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post
They 100% know what kind of card you used.

The first 6 digits of the VISA/MASTERCARD call BIN and it identify the bank that issue the card.
This is correct.

All businesses can ID a card attached to an account.

Not just some miracle of amazon.

Old 10-31-2013

Longevity: 66%

I think the issue here is buying from a seller account, using the same computer which has previously logged into that account....
Old 10-31-2013

Longevity: 61%

If a seller account has a balance, does AZ still check to see if the card can authorize?