eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Getting listing ranked/pre-selling/changing listing title... (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/67852-getting-listing-ranked-pre-selling-changing-listing-title.html)

bigbill 12-06-2013 07:44 AM

Getting listing ranked/pre-selling/changing listing title...

Ok, so fairly new to AZ, been selling on it for a few years but now taking about 10k/month in sales, so all going well.

All my listings are bespoke - as I am the only seller selling under the particular trademark, so when I start a new listing, it starts low down and within a month I can get ranked on Page 1.

Say for example, I run out of stock of a particular colour/model, could i change listing to do this, and would it stay ranked on page 1? For example:

A) BLUE Sofa 3 Piece Suite

Change to:

B) RED Sofa 3 piece suite

or

C) RED Sofa 5 Piece Suite

Second of all. What is the advice on pre-selling, say I run out of stock (sales are going so quick, orders from China take approx 60 days to get here, this is something we are working on quickly).

So, how far back can you pre-sell (EB i know is 28 days), is this similar on AZ or is there no limit? So, include in the listing, "Price drop - pre-order at unbeatable prices for delivery on *******"

Thanks in advance

MICKY H 12-07-2013 02:24 AM

Re: Getting listing ranked/pre-selling/changing listing title...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willkeelham (Post 509256)
Second of all. What is the advice on pre-selling, say I run out of stock (sales are going so quick, orders from China take approx 60 days to get here, this is something we are working on quickly).

So, how far back can you pre-sell (EB i know is 28 days), is this similar on AZ or is there no limit? So, include in the listing, "Price drop - pre-order at unbeatable prices for delivery on *******"

Thanks in advance

On this issue I would contact amazon direct and ask them, this is a basic sales question to them. They will give you the correct information rather than take advice from a third party which may jeopardise your account. People on this forum can give good advice on stealth,ghost etc which of course amazon cannot.

barrycruan 12-07-2013 07:56 AM

You can do this but it is not like by amazon. Technically the listing is supost to stay the same but I have seen many sellers who do this. If a customer or competitor complained it could get you in trouble/ a warning

bigbill 12-07-2013 08:49 AM

Thank you both for the input.

Much appreciated.

bigbill 12-07-2013 08:50 AM

Any advice on how far you can pre-sell items in advance?

JamesNorth101 12-07-2013 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willkeelham (Post 509530)
Any advice on how far you can pre-sell items in advance?

You really are best off asking Amazon

barrycruan 12-07-2013 09:19 AM

From amazon.com

Delayed shipments or pre-sells are prohibited. Items offered through Amazon Marketplace must be shipped within two business days of the date the order confirmation is made available to you. Therefore, you should not list or match against items that Amazon designates as pre-orderable. It is also important to maintain accurate inventory records, as instances of "stock-outs" could be reflected in your seller feedback rating. If an item you are offering will not be available for immediate shipping upon order, either cancel the order or alert the buyer. Amazon will immediately cancel any seller listing for Books, Music, Video or DVD items that Amazon designates as pre-orderable

bigbill 12-07-2013 11:42 AM

cheers..!!