eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   If I sell on Amazon and run out of stock can I drop ship FROM amazon? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/69801-if-i-sell-amazon-run-out-stock-can-i-drop-ship-amazon.html)

keepaskingqq 01-30-2014 12:13 PM

If I sell on Amazon and run out of stock can I drop ship FROM amazon?

Lets say I'm selling on amazon and run out of stock on a item and amazon is also selling it, can I just order from them and dropship it? I'm not using amazon prime.

TonyAlmeida 01-30-2014 01:07 PM

Re: If I sell on Amazon and run out of stock can I drop ship FROM amazon?

Yes you can, but it's too risk and I wouldn't do it

rsot 01-30-2014 02:25 PM

You can but 1) you need to make sure that your dropshipper quality is proper and 2) no delays in shipping (among other concerns - for example)

zoneout 01-30-2014 10:08 PM

That's happened to me a couple times. I'd rather dropship and take a loss than have to cancel an order. What @rsot said in #1 is very important. I find the quality of FBA products poor more often than not or they send wrong item. I would rather send me the product first for inspection if you have enough of a delivery timeframe.

jeffweico 01-30-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoneout (Post 524474)
That's happened to me a couple times. I'd rather dropship and take a loss than have to cancel an order. What @rsot said in #1 is very important. I find the quality of FBA products poor more often than not or they send wrong item. I would rather send me the product first for inspection if you have enough of a delivery timeframe.

I buy enough from Amazon that I can confirm this is the truth. In most cases, there are no problems with the products Amazon sends you. But many times it is another company selling and using FBA. That is a little bit more risky. In most cases you will be fine using them to fill orders, but just because an item is in FBA does not mean it is authentic or that the quality is good.

I wouldn't use Amazon to drop-ship an order RECEIVED on Amazon. I don't know if they are actively looking for this type of thing, but it COULD be easily found if they search for it. My GUESS is that Amazon wouldn't like it.

If I did this and was caught, I would tell Amazon that I ran out of an item unintentionally and - rather than disappoint the customer - I decided to fill the order using Amazon even though it cost me a few bucks. That explanation MIGHT work.

keepaskingqq 01-30-2014 11:10 PM

but this isn't against amazon's TOS right? someone ordered something from me on amazon but I 'm out of stock so I just buy from amazon and send it to my customer..

keepaskingqq 01-30-2014 11:13 PM

Is it against amazon's TOS if I dropship from them to my orders received on amazon?

I asked this question before but I wasn't very clear on the details.

Lets say I sell on amazon and a customer orders from me but then I realize I'm out of stock so I buy from amazon and then have it shipped directly to my customer.

Is that against amazon's policies? I'm not saying I'm buying from another vendor, I'm saying I'm buying directly from amazon.com

GreenBean 01-30-2014 11:40 PM

Re: Is it against amazon's TOS if I dropship from them to my orders received on amazo

Preferable to not double up on basically the same topic.

Threads merged now.

:peace:

zoneout 02-01-2014 04:44 AM

Without slogging thru the TOS I would hazard a guess that AZ wouldn't give a rats ass if you drop shipped their items. They would probably be thrilled to profit twice on one transaction from you. You would run into issues if you ship using prime however.