Stupid is, as stupid does. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 06-05-2014

Activity: 29%
Longevity: 63%
Default Stupid is, as stupid does.

Customer got a defect, and asked to return, so we sent out standard instructions, explaining defects do not have a restock fee, would not charge her original shipping charge, and she could keep the "free" gift with purchase.

Then she LOST IT!!! Said defect is our fault and we pay to have it shipped back.

Politely responded explaining that even AZ makes you pay to return no matter the reason, and that shipping charges are the equivalent to gas and time for a brick and mortar store return. Also explained that it is impossible to examine all products before sending out as it would be an open box (not new).

Here is her response.

"Hello
I don't agree!

I understand that you cannot refund the shipping price i've paid when I bought it. But if you dont have the time to check that the item you're selling is in good condition, it is not my problem!
It is your responsability to make sure that when you sell something it is not broken....!!!! It is just logical!

Come on it is stupid to make me pay the shipping and the return shipping because your company cannot make sure that you are selling good quality things. Then, you should not sell anything if you can't insure your customer that they are buying non defective item.........

Amazon will not let it like that, I know that it doesn't make sens! You are selling crap items on amazon and you try to make people pay to return your crappy item. It is theft!!!!

You admit that you cannot verify all the item you are selling, it is not acceptable for a prifessional seller on Amazon!"

If this new account could handle a negative fb, I would let it slide. Will refund the entire thing without return to shut her up.

P.S. She is from the "complaining" province: Quebec.

Thanks, I needed to spout a bit.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 06-05-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default Re: Stupid is, as stupid does.

I know the feeling well. Sometimes I even get a gut feel that a customer will be a problem when I look at the name and address. Nothing can do except roll the dice.
The Following User Says Thank You to zoneout For This Useful Post:
Phd (06-05-2014)
Old 06-05-2014
Threadstarter  

Agreed Zoneout. The first clue I've seen is when the customer does not put their last name into their account.

Really wish we could just say "F O" . It would feel soooooo good!
Old 06-05-2014

Longevity: 80%

why don't you point out what you proposed earlier to her. she will probably reread it and look like a fool and apologies then leave u positive feedback
Old 06-05-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamefreak View Post
why don't you point out what you proposed earlier to her. she will probably reread it and look like a fool and apologies then leave u positive feedback
Only in a perfect world.

Expecting negative even with the full refund and no return.
Old 06-05-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%

Give her the refund for the sale, then add extra for the return shipping to you. I would rather do this then give her the goods for nothing. Plus if she does not return the goods and leaves a bad feedback, ask for removal of the feedback.
Old 06-05-2014

Longevity: 76%

Phd, it sounds like another nasty buyer. It is becoming all too frequent these days...

I once lost it with the most awful buyer one could ever have a while back. True nut job.
Went really badly though. Ended up with Amz closing my selling account and stealing £5K

I never lose my cool with buyers these days. Amz are always looking for any way to close a seller down, so maybe best to keep it polite and professional.
The Following User Says Thank You to eBay King For This Useful Post:
stanislav (06-07-2014)
Old 06-05-2014

Longevity: 66%

Just 5 minutes ago I notice I got a negative feedback. The comment was `Did not receive it yet.` So I check the tracking... USPS left him a notice 4 days ago cause he wasn`t home to sign for it. So it is a patently false claim but nothing I can do about it.

Why don`t these Bozo`s just send a simple message if they have an issue. Instead they use the feedback like it were a messaging system.

Right next to the feedback button is the Tracking button. All he had to do was click on that to see that the package is waiting for him at the PO.

stupid is as stupid does .... indeed!

Last edited by zoneout; 06-06-2014 at 12:22 AM.
Old 06-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

Did buyer request return via Amazon? If yes, just authorized it and done your part. Buyer have to follow Amazon instruction and pay for shipping to send it back. If buyer don't, you can close the request at later time.

If buyer still cry about it, just ask them to follow the return instruction that received from Amazon.

Many buyer get more angry when you try to explain the problem and how Amazon system work. Keep it as short as possible.
Old 06-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,937 Times in 8,228 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

@Phd, ugh...you had an irate Quebecoise - as Tony stated, best to go through Amazon policy...yes, a negative could result - but, seems like you just decided to refund and avoid the neg feedback - whichever is easier for you I guess
Old 06-06-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%

If the buyer is your competition then no matter what you do try to resolve the problem you will be hit with a neg feedback or worse like AZ claim

If the buyer is just a picky buyer. Just simple refund and apologize for the problem. Tell them don't need to return the item. 90% buyer happy with it and not facing a neg feedback.
Old 06-06-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAlmeida View Post
If the buyer is your competition then no matter what you do try to resolve the problem you will be hit with a neg feedback or worse like AZ claim

If the buyer is just a picky buyer. Just simple refund and apologize for the problem. Tell them don't need to return the item. 90% buyer happy with it and not facing a neg feedback.
Exactly what was done today.

Emailed her to let her know the refund was done and to keep the product.

She did a 180. As happy as can be and said will leave a good comment. (as a good scammer will do sometimes).
Old 06-07-2014

Longevity: 90%

Yes I face the same problem on eBay. There are a lot of scammers on eBay these days or buyers who are abusing and stealing from hard working sellers. They know how the system works especially if they have been around long enough. They know eBay is corrupt so they abuse negative feedback in order to extort sellers.
Old 06-07-2014

Longevity: 60%

You've got to just look at it as a cost of doing business. For me its a lot lower than the shrinkage (Theft) you experience in a brick and mortar store. The only difference is the thief does it in plain sight, with the aid of the authority. Life isn't fair, so we shouldn't be surprised when these thieves remind us of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to joew8989 For This Useful Post:
stanislav (06-08-2014)
Old 06-08-2014

Longevity: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by joew8989 View Post
You've got to just look at it as a cost of doing business. For me its a lot lower than the shrinkage (Theft) you experience in a brick and mortar store. The only difference is the thief does it in plain sight, with the aid of the authority. Life isn't fair, so we shouldn't be surprised when these thieves remind us of it.
Yeah and I guess it's a lot safer than getting robbed at gun point.