Dont waste time and money selling on Amazon - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 07-01-2014

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 70%
Default Dont waste time and money selling on Amazon

Im pretty much done with Amazon....

Wow, amazon makes ebay look like a blackhat site

Item was sent out, buyer wanted refund after I sent item out, I told him he would have to wait to receive the item first. Well he still was not happy with that. So tracking shows item was delivered , but he said he did not receive item, then gives me negative, amazon wont remove it even though I have proof that it shows item was delivered within the delivery date. Then he opens one of those stupid a-z claims. I have called up my bank, I told them the whole story, my bank told me I dont have any direct debit with amazon so they cant do a charge back. I used a VCC with the charge method on amazon, so natwest has no record of that. The only thing on amazon is my bank account number and sort code...can they do a chargeback that way??? thats the deposit method.

Im starting to go back to ebay full time, their fees are lower, they have more traffic,buyers actually leave feedback when they are happy, and they now have more seller protection than amazon. Screw amazon, what a headache..if you are looking for alot of stress and headaches while the sales just trickle in from fraudulent buyers, then I welcome you to use amazon. Thats about all they are good for.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-01-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 76%
Default Re: Dont waste time and money selling on Amazon

Lots of people do Amazon successfully, still lots of problems with eBay. Traffic can only be better in the category you know, lots of users on here find Amazon to be a lot better which is true in a lot of cases you will sell 2-3 times the amount through there.
Old 07-01-2014
Threadstarter  

I have been selling on ebay since 2002, and have been selling on amazon since 2011. Im just telling what my experience has been so far.
Old 07-01-2014

Longevity: 80%

1 bad experience in 3 years and you are DONE. I find ebay too time consuming for me to sell on the way you have to list and have a lot more customers on amazon.

to each their own.
Old 07-01-2014

Longevity: 77%

The problem is you, not amazon. If you do not think losing 1 az claim is worth your amazon account them you are in the wrong business.
Old 07-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,934 Times in 3,399 Posts
Longevity: 78%

I agree with Gamefreak...."to each their own" Some items are easier to sell on ebay and some are better to sell on Amazon. I've tried both and clearly for myself Ebay is best hands down. Personally I could never tell anyone that 1 is better than the other, it just depends on what your selling.

Good Luck to you Ebabe.
Old 07-01-2014
Banned

Thanked 2,029 Times in 1,356 Posts
Longevity: 87%

I only wish I had did more Amazon over the years.

Did early on and went mainly to ebay.

Over the last year more and more Amazon added and more and more sales.

Last month I sold over 1000 items on Amazon and only one issue when someone who did not know how to measure 3/16" on a ruler told me my measurements were off.

LOL They told me their ruler dont have anything called 3/16" on it.

I think it all goes into what you are selling.

Certain items garner certain types of buyers.
Old 07-01-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%

The answer to your question, yes amazon can debit your nat west bank account. You agreed to this when accepting there T&T.

Basically why would you lose an a-z when you have a POD. You would only lose if the goods were not as described.

And as people say, if you are going to give up after one bad sale you are in the wrong business anyway.
Old 07-01-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKY H View Post
The answer to your question, yes amazon can debit your nat west bank account. You agreed to this when accepting there T&T.

Basically why would you lose an a-z when you have a POD. You would only lose if the goods were not as described.

And as people say, if you are going to give up after one bad sale you are in the wrong business anyway.
I agree to the terms that a refund can be made if the buyer never got the item, or the item came broken, I agreed to those terms, not the terms that a buyer can steal from me, and I have proof of delivery. Its not that im in the wrong business, its just I dont like amazon and their selling format. My bank told me different from what you said, so it looks like im calling the natwest fraud depart back up tomorrow.
Old 07-01-2014

Longevity: 74%

AZ used to be what eB right now when it comes to removing negs. In old days when eB was big and AZ was mostly known for books and REALLY wanted to be more than just online book store any seller could phone up a REAL ENGLISH speaking human and explain the problem (like negative feedback) and in most cases AZ will be reasonable in assisting sellers and will remove feedback etc.

eB on the other hand stopped being nice to sellers and stopped letting sellers to leave negatives and having any possible way of having resolution of any issue. Sellers got pissed off and moved to etsy and AZ.

Now everything turned. eB wants sellers back and is willing to remove feedback, assist on issues, etc. Meanwhile, AZ got so fat that they don't care about the seller anymore since they got sooooo many. AZ now care only about the buyer because even if those buyers are scammers AZ still makes money on transaction fees while you try to proof that you are not a monkey.

AZ will turn around in a few years. Apple is already making moves to take a big bite into AZ's digital publishing market.
Old 07-01-2014
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebabe View Post
I agree to the terms that a refund can be made if the buyer never got the item, or the item came broken, I agreed to those terms, not the terms that a buyer can steal from me, and I have proof of delivery. Its not that im in the wrong business, its just I dont like amazon and their selling format. My bank told me different from what you said, so it looks like im calling the natwest fraud depart back up tomorrow.
You agreed to amazon T&T which basically says if your seller's account goes in a negative position they can charge your CC or debit your bank account. How much money are we talking here anyway? Your dispute will be with amazon and not Nat West so if there is money in your bank account amazon will take it.
Old 07-01-2014

Longevity: 73%

I had 2 A-Z non delivery claims within the last 4 weeks.
One was domestic, the other one shipped to Indonesia
the domestic one showed delivered, the one to Indonesia only showed departed Los Angeles.

I represented both claims to Amazon and they were closed the next day.

The buyer's claim was granted.
We found no reason to believe that you are responsible for this claim, so Amazon.com reimbursed the buyer. Please consider this transaction closed.
Old 07-02-2014

Longevity: 76%

ebabe - I understand what you are saying. The fraud levels on Amz are very high and are getting worse. "Buyers" are using online to do their stealing, instead of going to to physical shops and doing it. It occurs on both eBay and Amz. Removing unfair negative feedbacks is kind of hit and miss.

But, Amz is a lot better for us these days. Higher prices, more freedom of listing and huge transfers (disbursements) can be achieved through Amz.

Good luck with eBay if you are more comfortable with this platform.
Old 07-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 9,142 Times in 7,106 Posts
Longevity: 96%

Quote:
I have been selling on ebay since 2002, and have been selling on amazon since 2011. Im just telling what my experience has been so far.
amazon is a mixed bag.

Overall it is a money maker. It's a good one as well.

Issues happen with any selling platform.

I would suggest taking a break rather than leave.

Eggs in one basket.... etc

Good Luck
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenBean For This Useful Post:
ebabe (07-02-2014), xenix (07-03-2014)
Old 07-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,909 Times in 8,202 Posts
Activity: 99%
Longevity: 83%

Quote:
Screw amazon, what a headache..if you are looking for alot of stress and headaches while the sales just trickle in from fraudulent buyers, then I welcome you to use amazon. Thats about all they are good for.
Rough to hear - different people have different luck with each platform. Whatever works for you - maybe re-attack Az later on or just let it go.

All the best
Old 07-02-2014

Longevity: 64%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronengriffharry View Post
I had 2 A-Z non delivery claims within the last 4 weeks.
One was domestic, the other one shipped to Indonesia
the domestic one showed delivered, the one to Indonesia only showed departed Los Angeles.

I represented both claims to Amazon and they were closed the next day.

The buyer's claim was granted.
We found no reason to believe that you are responsible for this claim, so Amazon.com reimbursed the buyer. Please consider this transaction closed.
Doesn't matter. You may have won the battle, but not the war. Those a-to-z's still hurt your ODR metrics, which is what everyone has to care about these days. Amazon will look for any reason to suspend your account, or in the very least remove your buybox eligibility on everything. In my opinion 90% of selling on Amazon right now is playing the metrics game.
Old 07-02-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

The bottom line is, whether it is Amazon, eBay, Etsy, or whatever venue, you have to find one that works FOR YOU. Which one is best depends on your attitude, what you are selling, etc. Amazon works great for some people and not so great for others. eBay and Etsy are the same way.

So, just do what works for you and revisit the other venues once in awhile, because things DO change.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jeffweico For This Useful Post:
aspkin (07-02-2014), GreenBean (07-02-2014), Lucifer (07-03-2014), n8zzz (07-02-2014)
Old 07-02-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBean View Post
amazon is a mixed bag.

Overall it is a money maker. It's a good one as well.

Issues happen with any selling platform.

I would suggest taking a break rather than leave.

Eggs in one basket.... etc

Good Luck
I agree that maybe taking a break and letting the smoke clear is a good idea. Iv been put off, amazon granted the buyer today (to no surprise) I called my bank and she was in her words ''speechless'' at how amazon would grant the claim even though I had proof of postage. And she gave me some good advise. She spoke to her manager and the manager told her that amazon cant debit money from account num and sort code alone, they can only deposit funds. And my charge method on amazon is a VCC that has no funds anyway, so if they have to fund the refund themselves then ban me I dont really care. She also told me that it might be a good idea to contact the police and get a crime number. I really dont think im going to do that because the police tend to ask more questions about me then the fraud in question, its not worth the hassle for £60.00...yes thats what all this fuss is about £60.00
Old 07-02-2014
Banned

SORRY,Your Nat West bank manager does not know what's she is talking about.I have accounts at Nat West and amazon have debited my account in the past. The T&T allow them to do this. Instead of asking the bank, print the terms off and read them, all the answers are there.
The Following User Says Thank You to MICKY H For This Useful Post:
Lucifer (07-03-2014)