New Amaozn Account Under DBA couple of question need help. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 07-06-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default New Amaozn Account Under DBA couple of question need help.

My first amazon seller account was dead which applied by my SSN and driver license address. Right now I plan to register a DBA at local office and get a EIN.
My question is can i use my SSN which was banned from amazon to register DBA and apply EIN. it is related? Another question is can I use any physical address different from my driver license to register as DBA address?
Also i have to fill in DBA owner real info which address is show on my driver license also banned by amazon, can amazon use my DBA Address and EIN# Trace DBA owner's real info to judge related account?
Thanks guy. Need help.
The Following User Says Thank You to songguoyan For This Useful Post:
vwrestmania (07-08-2014)
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-08-2014

Longevity: 98%
Default Re: New Amaozn Account Under DBA couple of question need help.

Actually, I would like to know the answer to these questions too. As I am also signing up for a DBA.
Old 07-08-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 8,926 Times in 8,218 Posts
Activity: 100%
Longevity: 83%

Have you searched the forums with DBA and EIN search terms?
Old 07-08-2014

Longevity: 90%

i would also like to know this...forums and ghost werent so clear on this..
Old 07-20-2014

Longevity: 80%

I just tried searching for "DBA" and got back exactly 0 items. Which I know can't be correct because the search should have turned up at least this present thread.

As an occasional user of this site (and what successful seller would need to use it more than occasionally?) I am put off by the replies that fault the poster for asking information that MIGHT have been answered elsewhere. Does it really take longer to belittle them than it does to answer their question? And if you don't want to answer them, maybe someone else will.
Old 07-20-2014

Longevity: 65%

I did this a while back. So your SSN in Amazon's system is now banned; you can go get a DBA and register it with your real information, that's all fine.

Then you go to:
Apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN) Online

There you'll apply for your EIN. Treat it nicely as you only get 1 per SSN. Think of it as a SSN for your SSN, seriously, you get 1. Now if you have LLC's or Corps, you can get multiples no problem at all, but that is not what you're asking about.

Your method will work, but you really should look at it as putting a band-aid over a large wound. Sure you might be okay in the end (or for a while), but if something happens to this EIN number, you're going to have to start from scratch.

Even though I did this method, I don't recommend it. I eventually got suspended due to a competitor and it left me in a bad spot. Educate yourself in the meantime about a safe long term solution.
The Following User Says Thank You to n8zzz For This Useful Post:
MrMondo (07-20-2014)
Old 07-20-2014

Longevity: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8zzz View Post
apply for your EIN. Treat it nicely as you only get 1 per SSN. Think of it as a SSN for your SSN, seriously, you get 1. Now if you have LLC's or Corps, you can get multiples no problem at all, .
I didn't know this! I opened my second account some years ago and used an EIN when Amazon decided we all had to identify ourselves. I was planning to get another one using a DBA to open up a new account (in addition to the one I already have). I didn't want to go through the effort and expense of getting an LLC, but I guess I'm going to have to.
Old 07-20-2014

I think that is a good idea. For tax reasons I recommend getting an LLC anyway, but do some research on that and talk to an accountant. I will be shunned if I say anything more about taxes. Good luck!
Old 07-20-2014

Longevity: 56%

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8zzz View Post
I did this a while back. So your SSN in Amazon's system is now banned; you can go get a DBA and register it with your real information, that's all fine.

Then you go to:
Apply for an Employer Identification Number (EIN) Online

There you'll apply for your EIN. Treat it nicely as you only get 1 per SSN. Think of it as a SSN for your SSN, seriously, you get 1. Now if you have LLC's or Corps, you can get multiples no problem at all, but that is not what you're asking about.

Your method will work, but you really should look at it as putting a band-aid over a large wound. Sure you might be okay in the end (or for a while), but if something happens to this EIN number, you're going to have to start from scratch.

Even though I did this method, I don't recommend it. I eventually got suspended due to a competitor and it left me in a bad spot. Educate yourself in the meantime about a safe long term solution.
We're in this situation too.

We are thinking about generating a new EIN for our LLC to use, instead of investing the money in a new LLC (which would get frustrating if we get banned again in time).

So the new EIN for your existing (banned) LLC/Corp worked, at least for a while?
Old 07-22-2014

I'm not sure I understand the question completely, but I never reused an EIN already in amazon's system. If you had a seller account that was banned, the EIN associated with it cannot be used again.

You can get another EIN within your LLC, but it doesn't hurt to set up multiple LLC's so that you can have multiple protected seller accounts. In my opinion, this is going to full mile and is a solid option, but it depends on your business if it would actually be all that beneficial.

I believe you can get multiple DBA's within the LLC, which could each potentially have their own EINs, but I have not done this yet and cannot confirm.

And of course, it is always best to seek the advice of a professional who deals with this sort of