eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Questions before we attempt Amazon Ghost (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/75312-questions-before-we-attempt-amazon-ghost.html)

bigchuck 07-15-2014 10:46 AM

Questions before we attempt Amazon Ghost

Hi everyone, thanks for all the great info on here thus far. It's funny, I was reading this forum a while back, then weeks later Amazon banned us. :clap:

Anyways, was hoping to get some general review on our "to-do" list. We're not in a huge rush, so we'd rather do this right, and address any questions early. I put a '*' next to our biggest questions.

1. New billing address - we plan to use a random address within 100 miles of our facility.
2. Bank account - use prepaid card for payouts, make sure address matches above billing address
3. OS - considering using either different Windows users, or running VMware VMs. Users would be easier, obviously.
4. MAC addresses - change on PC, and change on router. Easy enough. But if we use multiple Amazon accounts ever, do we have to keep changing MACs? Or just go dial-up?
5. Business name - we're going to have to register another LLC looks like, so that we can get an EIN for Amazon to be happy.
6. Personal name - planning to use variations of our own names for this
*7. Shipping address - when we print labels (we use 3rd party order management software) can we safely use our real address? Or should we use the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address? Has anyone ever been given trouble by the USPS for this? What if any packages are return-to-seller'ed? We sell relatively inexpensive items, so we rarely bother accepting returns.
8. Phone number - use Google voice or a similar service and forward to cell
*9. Inventory - we've heard not to sell more than 50% of our original items in one account, which is fine. Are we at risk using any of the same descriptions or merchant SKUs?
*10. Feedback & customer service - is it advisable to take this seriously (as we used to), or just totally disregard questions, complaints, A-Z, etc?
*11. Multiple accounts - if we decide to run a few accounts, I suspect we need to get a new IP when switching between them?
*12. FBA - is this just a terrible idea now?
*13. Remote desktop - I often remote in from home to do some work. I'm a CCNA and can't think of a way that my home IP (which is likely flagged by Amazon now) can be passed along. Am I right?

Thanks a ton for any input you may have! We're trying to take this as a new opportunity, after reading everything here :)

aspkin 07-15-2014 11:12 AM

Re: Questions before we attempt Amazon Ghost

Lots of questions which are answered in the Amazon Ghost guide. I suggest reading it, it will save you a lot of time and if you have any questions afterwards let us know.

bigchuck 07-15-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aspkin (Post 567263)
Lots of questions which are answered in the Amazon Ghost guide. I suggest reading it, it will save you a lot of time and if you have any questions afterwards let us know.

My business partner did - we discussed it the other night, and these are my remaining questions/things I'm not totally clear on.

Edit: I've edited a few out after speaking with him again:

1. MAC addresses - change on PC, and change on router. Easy enough. But if we use multiple Amazon accounts ever, do we have to keep changing MACs? Or just go dial-up?

2. Shipping address - when we print labels (we use 3rd party order management software) can we safely use our real address? Or should we use the ⊗⊗⊗⊗ address? Has anyone ever been given trouble by the USPS for this? What if any packages are return-to-seller'ed? We sell relatively inexpensive items, so we rarely bother accepting returns.

3. Inventory - we've heard not to sell more than 50% of our original items in one account, which is fine. Are we at risk using any of the same descriptions or merchant SKUs?

4. Multiple accounts - if we decide to run a few accounts, I suspect we need to get a new IP when switching between them?

5. FBA - is this just a terrible idea now?

6. Remote desktop - I often remote in from home to do some work. I'm a CCNA and can't think of a way that my home IP (which is likely flagged by Amazon now) can be passed along. Am I right?

barrycruan 07-15-2014 12:46 PM

I very much doubt you read amazon ghost when you "suspect you need to change ip". This is the absolute basics.

Also question 10, do you need to bother with customer service? Of course you do. Whatever gave you the impression people with stealth accounts don't bother with this?

rsot 07-15-2014 01:01 PM

You should pm a moderator with proof of purchasing the Ghost guide for access to subscriber forums and some deeper discussions.

bigchuck 07-15-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by barrycruan (Post 567299)
I very much doubt you read amazon ghost when you "suspect you need to change ip". This is the absolute basics.

Also question 10, do you need to bother with customer service? Of course you do. Whatever gave you the impression people with stealth accounts don't bother with this?

I was referring to changing the IP if switching between multiple valid accounts. I actually used to do this for consulting work on another account.

Although it would make sense that if 1 out of 5 accounts were banned, then the other 4 would then be placed at risk. Knock on wood this has not happened to the other account I was working on.

Allenbury5 07-24-2014 06:19 AM

I'm no expert but I would change it anyway. Why take the risk?