Questions on secondary accound - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 07-18-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 56%
Default Questions on secondary accound

Hello, we have an account that does decent numbers and it recently was suspended pending a review. We do 100% FBA. I have a couple questions I would love some help with.

1. If I create a new account under a friends name and address and log in using teamviewer from my house to his, is that traceable?

2. If I FBA and have UPS pick up from my house (Former Amazon Account Address) will Amazon be able to track this if I use his address? Basically the shipping slip will have his address, but I will create a UPS pick up from ups.com to pick up from my address. Will Amazon be able to track this, and if so, what other option do we have? We cannot drop off. Shipments are too large.

3. If 75% of the products are the same, will it be flagged even though it's under a friends account?

Thanks for all the advice in advance!
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 07-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 64%
Default Re: Questions on secondary accound

1. No
2. No
3. Possible yes
Old 07-18-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%

Tony is actually wrong on number 2. As amazon are arranging the pick via seller central this will link you. You need to use another carrier, more expensive as you don't get the discounts offered by amazon, but safe.
Old 07-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

How about rent a truck, can you drop off at UPS directly?
Old 07-18-2014
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiu View Post
How about rent a truck, can you drop off at UPS directly?
If you drop off a UPS using amazon discounted rate there is an excellent chance of being linked, similar stock,area of previously suspended account. You need to open your wallet and use fedex or similar. If your sending so much stock why risk being linked and suspended, then you have to pay to have the stock returned,or it could be worse, account deleted and you have lost all your stock.
Old 07-18-2014
Banned

Also on your 3rd question, you have a high chance of being linked. You need to add random items to your stock file,price high so you never sell them, and list them as merchant fulfilled. The best mix is around 75% new items 25% your original stock. If your account was however suspended over 90 days ago then from my experience you will be fine with number 3
Old 07-18-2014

Guys as to his 2nd question, he was simply saying that there would be no address link... they pick up from his old acct. address, where he lives, but the shipping label shows his friend's address. I've been doing this for a long long time now without any problems. The only difference is that I create the UPS label directly through Amazon.
Old 07-18-2014
Banned

Don't get me wrong, but how can UPS pick up at his address when the label and info sent to UPS shows his friends address, or am I missing something. But anyway he has an excellent chance of being linked, similar stock, same town etc.
Old 07-18-2014
Executive [VIP]

Longevity: 93%

but how can UPS pick up at his address when the label and info sent to UPS shows his friends address

UPS doesn't play those kind of games, they are so strict they run a database check for UPS My Choice, I actually failed it with real info despite having lived at the address for a year (!). So how are you doing it?

I second using FedEx, they are much nicer and laxer than UPS.
Old 07-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8zzz View Post
Guys as to his 2nd question, he was simply saying that there would be no address link... they pick up from his old acct. address, where he lives, but the shipping label shows his friend's address. I've been doing this for a long long time now without any problems. The only difference is that I create the UPS label directly through Amazon.
I asked this question a while back and gotten alot of responses that other sellers do this so I dont think its an issue.

Saying to use fedex doesnt make sense. Its coming from the same area no matter what carrier it takes.
Old 07-19-2014
Executive [VIP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKY H View Post
Don't get me wrong, but how can UPS pick up at his address when the label and info sent to UPS shows his friends address, or am I missing something. But anyway he has an excellent chance of being linked, similar stock, same town etc.
Login your UPS account and request pickup at your location or you can call them
Old 07-19-2014
Threadstarter  

Wow, thanks for the great advice!

And yes, basically I will log into my UPS account and schedule a pickup. The label will definitely be addressed from the friends address.

The question is really "can the pick up address be tracked by amazon in any way".

We ship out 20 to 40 boxes a day, or every other day weighing 20-50 lbs.

We also ship A LOT out direct from our supplier. Will this be an issue. I know for a fact at least 20 Amazon vendors use this same supplier and have this supplier ship directly to Amazon as well.
Old 07-19-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKY H View Post
Also on your 3rd question, you have a high chance of being linked. You need to add random items to your stock file,price high so you never sell them, and list them as merchant fulfilled. The best mix is around 75% new items 25% your original stock. If your account was however suspended over 90 days ago then from my experience you will be fine with number 3

Also, I don't get this.

If a random person who lives down the street from me finds out what I'm doing, and who my suppliers are, and starts selling the same items on Amazon, will he get suspended?

Why is the fact that this is my friend any worst?
Old 07-19-2014
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushidopit View Post
Also, I don't get this.

If a random person who lives down the street from me finds out what I'm doing, and who my suppliers are, and starts selling the same items on Amazon, will he get suspended?

Why is the fact that this is my friend any worst?
Just read old threads on linking etc,amazon are not stupid, this is how accounts are linked, similar, selling patterns etc. Just remember amazon don't care about you, if you are not selling ITEM A and they suspend you then someone else is selling ITEM A for them.. Amazon don't lose.
The Following User Says Thank You to MICKY H For This Useful Post:
ovidiu (07-21-2014)
Old 07-19-2014
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushidopit View Post
Wow, thanks for the great advice!

And yes, basically I will log into my UPS account and schedule a pickup. The label will definitely be addressed from the friends address.

The question is really "can the pick up address be tracked by amazon in any way".

We ship out 20 to 40 boxes a day, or every other day weighing 20-50 lbs.

We also ship A LOT out direct from our supplier. Will this be an issue. I know for a fact at least 20 Amazon vendors use this same supplier and have this supplier ship directly to Amazon as well.
Sorry I thought you were using UPS collection via seller central and to get amazon's preferred shipping rates. If you use your own account you will be fine.