eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Tax ID for amazon seller (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/75864-tax-id-amazon-seller.html)

mpfat2008 07-30-2014 09:41 PM

Tax ID for amazon seller

OK. Bought the book and read through it. All the tips mentioned are what I thought. But I couldn't find any information regarding the tax ID. Did some search on the forum but couldn't find answer.

My previous account was suspended so my old S-Corp name and old EIN couldn't be used. I plan to form a new S-Corp and get a new EIN. When forming new business (such as S-Corp), incorporator's name and address will be needed (which will be me). When applying EIN, my SSN will be needed as well. My CPA says, anyone can find out the business incorporator from state incorporate department. And, technically it is possible to find out the business owner information by searching EIN through IRS.

So the question is: since my old S-Corp and old EIN are both related with my personal information. Will it be safe to get new business incorporated and EIN with my personal information? If the answer is no, and if I don't plan to use other people's information for this, is there an alternative way.

I can also address the question this way, if anyone is operating multiple amazon seller accounts, can you tell me how you get through the TAX verification?

rsot 08-01-2014 04:24 AM

Re: Tax ID for amazon seller

You have a CPA - use him to the best....he can answer the question best, no?

Welcome to the forums by the way

mad555 08-05-2014 01:28 PM

Does anyone have any answers for this topic?

TonyAlmeida 08-05-2014 02:02 PM

The forum not allow to given TAX adviser, you need to consult a TAX professional for it.

riceroll 09-03-2014 06:27 PM

I am actually wondering the same thing. I think what the OP meant was that his second business will be opened under his legal name / personal information as required by law. Anyone can do a search for the business and get information about the director and stuff like that which would be the same as another business that was suspended from Amazon.

Would Amazon link two accounts this way assuming all information provided to Amazon are different? It would mean that Amazon has to look up the business information directly which sounds like a stretch but I wouldn't be surprised if they do that.

yankee 09-03-2014 06:45 PM

The LLC or Corp is its own entity and own EIN. This has been discussed over and over. As long as all your info is new for your new Corp and LLC such as address you are good to go on all selling platforms. Of course all other things need to be new to make sure you don't get linked to the old account such as phone, IP, and so on.

Yes all LLC members and most(bearer shares are an exception) all share holders of a Corp are public, the members and shareholders are not the entity, they are just members and shareholders.