eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Keystroke logging? (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/76020-keystroke-logging.html)

ebayyounexttuesday 08-04-2014 12:52 PM

Keystroke logging?

I accidentally typed a banned email address into the seller central sign in box for an active amazon account but immediately deleted it upon realizing and before typing a password or submitting. I just typed my good email over it and signed in. Paranoid as I should be I'm worried that they may use a keystroke logger even though I didn't submit anything and link the accounts. Any thoughts? :s

GoteBay 08-04-2014 12:58 PM

Re: Keystroke logging?

Keystroke should work locally on the same computer. They will need access to your computer.

Don't forget, there are basically two types of US keyboards out there, it will be a nightmare for them to use that.

ebayyounexttuesday 08-04-2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoteBay (Post 574349)
Keystroke should work locally on the same computer. They will need access to your computer.

Don't forget, there are basically two types of US keyboards out there, it will be a nightmare for them to use that.

I would think they use dynamic fields just like they do on the website. For example when you go to change a seller id and type something in it 'checks' the availability of it without even submitting and comes back with a response. Many websites use this I wouldn't put it past Amazon.

MM78 08-04-2014 01:19 PM

When you start to type and it shows information....it's not the website doing it, it's the browser....

ebayyounexttuesday 08-04-2014 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MM78 (Post 574354)
When you start to type and it shows information....it's not the website doing it, it's the browser....

That's incorrect it may be a feature a browser offers but it's certainly built into websites and not controllable ie https://support.google.com/websearch...r/106230?hl=en

MICKY H 08-04-2014 05:25 PM

You will be fine if you have not logged in. Just check the log name has not be stored in the key chain so don't do the same mistake again.

aspkin 08-04-2014 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ebayyounexttuesday (Post 574348)
I accidentally typed a banned email address into the seller central sign in box for an active amazon account but immediately deleted it upon realizing and before typing a password or submitting. I just typed my good email over it and signed in. Paranoid as I should be I'm worried that they may use a keystroke logger even though I didn't submit anything and link the accounts. Any thoughts? :s

While this is possible and I do see some websites with this feature, I have not seen or heard of eBay or Amazon linking an account because of this.

Heck this forum will auto populate suggestions for a user after they enter a new thread title. Go to create a new thread, enter the title of the thread and move your cursor to the thread description. At that time the forum uses ajax to search for similar thread titles and if there is one it will show you results so in hopes you won't create a duplicate thread. If that makes any sense. :)

okay 08-08-2014 01:15 AM

It would be illegal for even the N$A to use such a tool w/o a warrant!

Unless, you are foreign..

barrycruan 08-08-2014 02:28 AM

As above. Even if this was legal the amount of resources needed to,record and cross refference every bit of information over millions of account would be ridiculous.