AZ Seller Account review/on hold - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 09-01-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 66%
Default AZ Seller Account review/on hold

Amazon has "locked" my account (can't log in) until the review process is completed. I contacted seller support to find out why I couldn't log in and that's when they told me that my account is on hold/under review. They told me to write an email to seller performance, in which I did. That was 5 days ago and I haven't received a response back. I wrote them another email today and also contacted seller support. My account is in good standing and was never given a warning or had a violation.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I find it odd that I can't log in.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-01-2014

Longevity: 59%
Default Re: AZ Seller Account review/on hold

Your account isn't in review, or on hold.

It's been deleted. You have a large fight on your hands to get your money if there was a balance.

Do you have any suspended accounts? Or were the items authentic?
Old 09-01-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueuk View Post
Your account isn't in review, or on hold.

It's been deleted. You have a large fight on your hands to get your money if there was a balance.

Do you have any suspended accounts? Or were the items authentic?
Items are authentic. I have about $1000 that was going to be transferred the day after they put the account on hold. I also have about 150 of the same item in the FBA center. I've had no complaints from customers and no negative feedback. No policy warnings or anything like that. I was told numerous times from seller support that the account is on hold/under review. I even asked if I was suspended and they said no.
Old 09-01-2014

Longevity: 73%

Stealth account?
Old 09-01-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kronengriffharry View Post
Stealth account?
Yep. Nothing was crossed.
Old 09-01-2014

How old is the account?
Old 09-01-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
How old is the account?
+2 months.
Old 09-01-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%

To be blunt, your account is deleted, that means you can never access its again, you have lost the funds that were in the account, amazon will keep this. Your FBA stock is gone and will be destroyed by amazon.
The only way forward is to open another account, forget your loss and make money.
Old 09-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

I've not heard of this happening with merchandise in FBA but, YES, it appears that the account has been deleted. This happens when Amazon either believes that the information on the account is false or when they believe you are selling counterfeits.

If the latter, Amazon will destroy whatever you have in FBA, because to return it to you would be illegal. Also, everyone here who has had a deleted account reports the same thing: They cannot log in to their account. Re-setting the password does nothing. Emails and calls to seller support go unanswered. The bottom line being they will never speak with you about it and you will lose any money/inventory they are holding.

The only way I have heard of anyeone getting their money is by hiring a lawyer.
Old 09-01-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKY H View Post
To be blunt, your account is deleted, that means you can never access its again, you have lost the funds that were in the account, amazon will keep this. Your FBA stock is gone and will be destroyed by amazon.
The only way forward is to open another account, forget your loss and make money.
Thanks for your response but isn't it illegal for Amazon to hold onto funds and merchandise from a legit business account? This account was stealth(not in an individuals name) but it was setup as a business account. There were no complaints against my company, very low return rate, and 100% positive feedback. Sales were minimal since I spread them out to multiple accounts. Any item sold is a low risk item. I never received any email notifying me of a policy warning, etc. Seller support stated to me that the account is in review/on hold.

Thanks again for your response. I've been calling Amazon almost daily for the past 5 days. Tomorrow I will ask them if my account was deleted.
Old 09-01-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
I've not heard of this happening with merchandise in FBA but, YES, it appears that the account has been deleted. This happens when Amazon either believes that the information on the account is false or when they believe you are selling counterfeits.

If the latter, Amazon will destroy whatever you have in FBA, because to return it to you would be illegal. Also, everyone here who has had a deleted account reports the same thing: They cannot log in to their account. Re-setting the password does nothing. Emails and calls to seller support go unanswered. The bottom line being they will never speak with you about it and you will lose any money/inventory they are holding.

The only way I have heard of anyeone getting their money is by hiring a lawyer.
Wow. I guess tomorrows phone call to them will not be nice. All info on the account was verified. Seller support must be giving me the run around because they said my account is not suspended. Thanks for your response.
Old 09-01-2014
Banned

HROLLER, advice, don't waste your time trying to speak to anybody. The only people who make these decisions are seller-performance@amazon.com. They have no phone support and will not answer your e mails. You ask wether its illegal, who knows, nobody has the funds to fight a case, I lost over $150k by amazon deleting my account in the EU, I spent over $40k on lawyers fees in Luxembourg and got nowhere. Just my advice.
Old 09-01-2014

Quote:
I lost over $150k by amazon deleting my account in the EU, I spent over $40k on lawyers fees in Luxembourg and got nowhere. Just my advice.
Holy ****, are you serious ????????????????????????????????????????
Old 09-01-2014
Banned

Quote:
Holy ****, are you serious ????????????????????????????????????????
absolutely serious buddy.
Old 09-01-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
HROLLER, advice, don't waste your time trying to speak to anybody. The only people who make these decisions are seller-performance@amazon.com. They have no phone support and will not answer your e mails. You ask wether its illegal, who knows, nobody has the funds to fight a case, I lost over $150k by amazon deleting my account in the EU, I spent over $40k on lawyers fees in Luxembourg and got nowhere. Just my advice.
Thanks for the advice. Whenever I've called seller support, they open another case and I do receive that email. And after I call seller support, I contact seller performance. But of course no response from seller performance yet. I think I'll still call to vent. I was too nice to them the last 4 or 5 times I spoke with them.

Last edited by HROLLER; 09-01-2014 at 11:01 PM.
Old 09-01-2014

Longevity: 56%

Sad to hear your story..
Old 09-01-2014
Banned

Yes this is what amazon do, they rarely suspend/delete account halfway through the payment cycle they let it go for 12-13 days then bang...Its obvious that amazon don't like what your selling and they assume its counterfeit or they have linked you to an old account.

Don't waste your energy being abusive to some helpless customer support person, use your energy to get your new account open and make more money. In the end if done properly you will make lots of money, trust me.
Old 09-01-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Yes this is what amazon do, they rarely suspend/delete account halfway through the payment cycle they let it go for 12-13 days then bang...Its obvious that amazon don't like what your selling and they assume its counterfeit or they have linked you to an old account.

Don't waste your energy being abusive to some helpless customer support person, use your energy to get your new account open and make more money. In the end if done properly you will make lots of money, trust me.
Yep. Always right before payday. They collect their fees on your sales. Then they collect interest off of the suspended money for 90 days.

When I call tomorrow, my intentions are to see if the process can be sped up if there is a chance to reinstate the account.

This process is a revolving circle........Non-stop.
Old 09-01-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by HROLLER View Post
Thanks for your response but isn't it illegal for Amazon to hold onto funds and merchandise from a legit business account? This account was stealth(not in an individuals name) but it was setup as a business account. There were no complaints against my company, very low return rate, and 100% positive feedback. Sales were minimal since I spread them out to multiple accounts. Any item sold is a low risk item. I never received any email notifying me of a policy warning, etc. Seller support stated to me that the account is in review/on hold.

Thanks again for your response. I've been calling Amazon almost daily for the past 5 days. Tomorrow I will ask them if my account was deleted.
Is it illegal? Who knows. There would have to be a court ruling to be sure. But I doubt that will happen. If Amazon guesses right and it is a stealth account, or if you are selling counterfeits, would you REALLY want to file that lawsuit?

Also, check out Amazon's Terms of Service. There is a provision in there that this CAN happen. So, they would argue it is what you agreed to when you signed up.

I saw your other posts and I wish you luck calling Amazon, but I don't think you will have much luck. Their customer support people will simply tell you there is nothing that they can do and that you must contact Seller Support. You must contact them by email, because Seller Support has no phones (ummm... yeah, ok...). They will be nice and sympathize with you, but they will tell you they cannot even see details when Seller Support has an account "on hold".

"Deleted" is not an Amazon term, it is a term we use here to differentiate this from a SUSPENDED account. If an account is suspended, you can still log in. You can still communicate with buyers and issue refunds, but that's it. No listing or selling. If an account is suspended, you will receive your money in 60 days, minus any refunds.

Once an account is deleted, Amazon becomes the NO corporation. NO communication, NO access, NO money. From what I have seen, you can call them until you are blue in the face. You can complain to the BBB. You can post your story on a million online forums and the result will be the same.
Old 09-02-2014
Banned

HROLLER, SORRY you are missing the point, the account has gone, will not be reinstated and no money in 90 days and no stock. Please don't be under any other illusion that your account is any different.
Old 09-02-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffweico View Post
Is it illegal? Who knows. There would have to be a court ruling to be sure. But I doubt that will happen. If Amazon guesses right and it is a stealth account, or if you are selling counterfeits, would you REALLY want to file that lawsuit?

Also, check out Amazon's Terms of Service. There is a provision in there that this CAN happen. So, they would argue it is what you agreed to when you signed up.

I saw your other posts and I wish you luck calling Amazon, but I don't think you will have much luck. Their customer support people will simply tell you there is nothing that they can do and that you must contact Seller Support. You must contact them by email, because Seller Support has no phones (ummm... yeah, ok...). They will be nice and sympathize with you, but they will tell you they cannot even see details when Seller Support has an account "on hold".

"Deleted" is not an Amazon term, it is a term we use here to differentiate this from a SUSPENDED account. If an account is suspended, you can still log in. You can still communicate with buyers and issue refunds, but that's it. No listing or selling. If an account is suspended, you will receive your money in 60 days, minus any refunds.

Once an account is deleted, Amazon becomes the NO corporation. NO communication, NO access, NO money. From what I have seen, you can call them until you are blue in the face. You can complain to the BBB. You can post your story on a million online forums and the result will be the same.
Yep. I understand the risks and consequences. I've never experienced this type of account closure. Thanks for the info. Suspended? Yes. For a few different reasons, but all tries went unsuccessful to appeal. Persistence does pay off. Maybe not in the current situation. But worth the try. I wont waste too much time......
Old 09-02-2014
Threadstarter  

Quote:
HROLLER, SORRY you are missing the point, the account has gone, will not be reinstated and no money in 90 days and no stock. Please don't be under any other illusion that your account is any different.
I've already accepted that. I wasn't sure how much effort/time I should put into trying since I've never experienced this type of situation.

Thanks to all that replied.