Can Someone clarify the 750 for first month rule? - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 09-08-2014

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 58%
Default Can Someone clarify the 750 for first month rule?

Hello

I started up my new stealth account this last weekend and was slammed with a review right away. I am selling only books for now, due to them being safety items (as listed in the guide). However my review stated it was for "Merchant Approval" purposes. In my first 24 hours I sold 5 items and I have a total of 13 pending items as of now (they have been pending for approximately 20 hours at this point). So now I have three major questions that are peaking my curiosity so that I can make my account last past this review.

1) Can Amazon stop someone from purchasing your item? Whenever I ask this I simply mean: If someone buys an item while you are under a review and it is in the pending state, is it due to the buyers funds taking longer to go through than usual? Or does Amazon have control over whether or not their funds disperse to your account after purchase?

2) This question relates to the first question. Since I was put under a review for "Merchant Approval" purposes, (supposing that Amazon can control whether or not a buyer's money will "go through" or actually purchase my item) Is there a possibility that Amazon is reviewing how fast it takes me to ship the first 5 items out before the other items go through?

3) Due to the guide stating that a new seller should NOT go over $750 dollars in the first months sales, will Amazon delete your account or ban you if you go over that said price in the first month without probable cause? Due to buyer demand and my items being worth higher prices, I have sold close to $500 in 3 days. I am getting closer to the price mentioned in the guide and it scares me since I DO NOT want to get banned or have my account deleted for selling items that are in high demand.

If someone could clarify this information or give me any insight it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your response.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 09-08-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%
Default Re: Can Someone clarify the 750 for first month rule?

1) amazon more than likely holding the orders, don't ship anything until the orders are confirmed.
2)merchant approval means that amazon have to approve your category you are selling in, nothing to do with a review.
3)the guide says take it slowly, you have not $500 in 3 days is no good for a new account unless you are selling FBA. $750 is a bit of a myth.
Old 09-08-2014
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 58%

Thank you for replying.

Well the 5 Orders that actually went through were all confirmed and I can see the payment after Amazon fees were deducted from it and they add up to around 100 dollars.
The pending orders are the ones that equal the large amount of money and add up to around 400 dollars. So that essentially is not my fault since they are being held from me.

And Amazon stated that they were conducting a review, I have the email to prove that it is a review and they stated it was for "Merchant Approval" in the headliner and in the first paragraph of the email.

So my question is, is as long as I send all of my orders out on time and receive an adequate amount of feedback to order ratio will they still deem my account suspicious and try to ban or delete it since the dollar amount is quite high?
Old 09-09-2014

Longevity: 77%

Unfortunately when you g a review so early on its hard to say what amazon will do. If you are using a legitimate account and nit selling any high risk items you will normally be ok. But reviews this early can cause problems especially if you have no feedback.