Just got the suspended email. - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 11-03-2014

Activity: 27%
Longevity: 63%
Default Just got the suspended email.

I know this has been discussed, but would like to put it out there again.

Just got our good account (1 year old) suspended for possible phakes (not selling any).

Has anyone had any luck with appeal on this. Am pretty sure we just got screwed by competition.

Any ideas on approach (if possible) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 11-03-2014

Activity: 0%
Default Re: Just got the suspended email.

Was this eBay or Amazon?

99% appeals on eBay are not successful.
Old 11-03-2014
Threadstarter  

Activity: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoteBay View Post
Was this eBay or Amazon?

99% appeals on eBay are not successful.
Amazon, Canada.
Old 11-03-2014

Not an active seller on Amazon, very little have I sold on Amazon.
Old 11-03-2014

Longevity: 76%

We are talking in the Amazon section of the forum here.

Phd, they got my aged 2 year old account recently. The account was in excellent shape. It was 99.8% seller rating, 5000+ items sold, no problems. No negatives.

This is making no sense? I sent them all the invoices a week ago, but have had no reply. This is what really p*sses me off with Amz. I do a good job, sell only genuine items and they take the account away and then blank me.
The Following User Says Thank You to eBay King For This Useful Post:
Phd (11-04-2014)
Old 11-04-2014
Banned

Longevity: 69%

If amazon suspect you are selling phakes, little chance of being reinstated sorry. Put in an appeal and say you think you competion is trying to close your account. I sell entertainment products, amazon suspended my account for phakes , sent them the invoice from Warner Music the distributor but no luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to MICKY H For This Useful Post:
ovidiu (11-04-2014)
Old 11-04-2014

Hi, yes that is good advice. I did the appeal a while back, as I think it must be a competitor. But, so far just ignored. Bad to hear that you also had this problem.

But the thing which makes no sense, is that every customer is happy and the account is in excellent shape, with excellent metrics.

What I can't seem to understand is that why don't Amz look at our account, see that the account is perfect and just come to the sense that how can one rival competitor take down our account based off of some stupid message that they might send to Amz?

Micky, knowing that Amz are operating in this way makes this an insane way to make a living. As if we were to come back, get another account up to perfect metric level and then this could just happen again. Seems like madness?
Old 11-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by eBay King View Post
Hi, yes that is good advice. I did the appeal a while back, as I think it must be a competitor. But, so far just ignored. Bad to hear that you also had this problem.

But the thing which makes no sense, is that every customer is happy and the account is in excellent shape, with excellent metrics.

What I can't seem to understand is that why don't Amz look at our account, see that the account is perfect and just come to the sense that how can one rival competitor take down our account based off of some stupid message that they might send to Amz?

Micky, knowing that Amz are operating in this way makes this an insane way to make a living. As if we were to come back, get another account up to perfect metric level and then this could just happen again. Seems like madness?
yup the joys of amazon. The amount of accounts I have had suspended for nothing that have been years old with great metrics is crazy. Keeping hold of an Amazon account over an extended period is basically impossible, no matter how well you perform. There will always be something that gets you suspended
Old 11-07-2014
Subscribed [VIP]

Longevity: 60%

If you know it is your competition get them back. Had this problem a while back my com was buying up my $3 items and leaving 1 start feedback and negative reviews. I tried to report this problem legitimately to ebay but nothing was done and my account was given restrictions because I was outside of the feedback guidelines. So after making a stealth account using information very close to the competitor who was causing this i sold on it and after 3 months I honestly screwed it up on purpose and called in to ask for higher limits and said I was him and wanted to establish this account as a back up. Sorry if anyone finds this unethical or disagrees with this I honestly don't care. Lesson here is don't f@ck with me or my money.
Old 11-07-2014
Executive [VIP]

Thanked 4,069 Times in 2,169 Posts
Longevity: 81%

Selling DVD's on Amazon has always been difficult. Every year before Christmas, at this time, they purge a number of sellers for suspicion of selling counterfeits. Even if your items are legitimate, you can get banned. Appeals do not usually go anywhere.

Also, you should be aware that as of November 17th, it will be necessary to be PRE-APPROVED by Amazon in order to sell any DVD's where the list price is over $25. That includes most of the new releases, classic Disney titles, seasons and box-sets. Please note that this is based on the LIST PRICE, not the actual selling price.

Several things can make Amazon suspicious. It could be a competitor making a complaint, an undercover buyer working for a competitor, an undercover buyer working for the studios or your pricing. Amazon sells DVD's and they get some of the best deals because of their volume. So, when a small seller lists Cinderella for $14, and Amazon is paying $21 wholesale, they KNOW something is up.

Unfortunately, the counterfeit sellers have ruined it for everyone on Amazon. From what I am hearing, it is very difficult to get approved to sell. There are a few people who have been specifically invited to apply, and they are being reviewed and approved (or maybe denied). But everyone else has said they have not heard anything regarding their application. Please, by all means, let us know if you have an account that was approved that did NOT get a special invitation.

DVD's are going bye-bye anyway. Blu-Ray sales are picking up and many people have decided to go digital. Digital delivery makes a lot of sense, it will be the only way to do it in the future. Maybe another 5 years or so.

The bottom line here is, you should probably find something else to sell.

Last edited by jeffweico; 11-07-2014 at 02:43 PM.