eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Fax Verification ?!?!?! (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/80182-fax-verification.html)

heckbeck 11-30-2014 11:25 PM

Fax Verification ?!?!?!

Placed an Order and Received this WTF?!?!?

Do you guys think this is normal?

Your Amazon account including order (#xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx) has been placed on hold as we require further verification to allow us to process your order in a timely and secure manner.

For us to process and complete your order you will need to fax us the information below relating to the card used to place this order, as we are unable to verify your address as your card issuer has declined our request citing legal and privacy reasons.

To ensure your fax is handled in a timely manner, please send the following information:
• A copy of your bank or card statement for the card used, including billing address
• The last 4 digits of the payment card
• Your name, e-mail address, phone number and order number (#xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxx).

Please note that this information must be sent via fax as we are unable to accept attachments via email. For ease of processing, please write your order number and e-mail address clearly at the top of the fax.

jeffweico 11-30-2014 11:53 PM

Re: Fax Verification ?!?!?!

Was this order placed with a credit card you already had on file? Was it for an expensive item?

This seems strange to me, I have not seen it before. I know that Amazon has AVS capability, which verifies the numbers in an address automatically when charging a credit card. It sounds to me like it either failed the verification, or the bank does not participate in AVS and Amazon manually checked it. But I could only see that happening if there was a lot of money involved.

Amazon is suspicious of SOMETHING here.

ovidiu 11-30-2014 11:54 PM

Looks like it's UK Jeff, never heard of this happening in the US.

jeffweico 11-30-2014 11:55 PM

The UK, yes, but their system is similar to ours. Something obviously triggered this. I have never seen another UK user complain about this.

MICKY H 12-01-2014 12:02 AM

I would imagine that the goods that have been ordered have a different delivery address to the credit card holder and so the post code does not match on CC verification. As Jeff says I would also assume also its a high price item and amazon want the sale rather than just decline the sale.

blueuk 12-01-2014 02:57 AM

Standard for amazon.co.uk if the billing address doesn't match the delivery address.

Quite common when your first collect+/amazon locker purchase is very expensive as well.

Just fax the info they want. efax offer a free trial (just use a vcc so they cannot hit you with recurring charges)

rsot 12-01-2014 05:35 AM

Other q: has the cc been used on Amazon before? Just as a point of inquiry...different account for example

GreenBean 12-01-2014 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueuk (Post 614347)
Standard for amazon.co.uk if the billing address doesn't match the delivery address.

Quite common when your first collect+/amazon locker purchase is very expensive as well.

Just fax the info they want. efax offer a free trial (just use a vcc so they cannot hit you with recurring charges)

Be careful of the expiry date of the free trial or they will try to keep the account going. They also insist on written cancellation .

:juggle: