eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Vanilla Visa Card and ssn (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/80225-vanilla-visa-card-ssn.html)

amazonp 12-01-2014 10:17 PM

Vanilla Visa Card and ssn

i found this How do I Activate My Vanilla Visa Card? | eHow
and so cashier will not need you ssn? so a vanilla will not need a ssn?
so if i buy many vanilla at like one store to register stealth amazon seller account, will they been linked if they find they all registered from vanilla card and they all bought from the same store or other clue will lead issue?

jeffweico 12-01-2014 11:23 PM

Re: Vanilla Visa Card and ssn

No, the cashier does not request an SSN. Vanilla will also not ask for an SSN. They are just gift cards available in small amounts of money. The most commonly sold card is the $25 one.

You CAN buy as many Vanilla cards as you like at one store, they will not link because of it. The only danger is if Amazon one day decides Vanilla is not a good card, then all accounts with Vanilla Visa could be in trouble. BUT - that is VERY UNLIKELY.

Still, if you need many cards, I would suggest getting a variety. I get some from Vanilla Visa and use other gift cards purchased from banks. I had many Chase until they stop selling them. Many credit unions still offer them. Look around, there are TONS of them.

The GREAT THING about Vanilla Visa is you go to their website and register the card - just enter card number and ZIP code of your stealth identity. The card will then pass AVS check! I only use cards that can be registered.

amazonp 12-02-2014 12:04 AM

great thanks.

what you mean Chase?

Quote:

just enter card number and ZIP code of your stealth identity. The card will then pass AVS check! I only use cards that can be registered.
you mean some of vanilla will not pass the AVS? where to check if pass AVS check? is it on https://www.vanillavisa.com?

jeffweico 12-02-2014 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amazonp (Post 614776)
great thanks.

what you mean Chase?

you mean some of vanilla will not pass the AVS? where to check if pass AVS check? is it on https://www.vanillavisa.com?

ALL Vanilla can be registered. I was referring to OTHER cards.

I just meant that Chase Bank USED TO sell gift cards, but they no longer do. But other banks still sell them. I am saying you have a lot of choices here, but you should only buy cards that can be registered.

imboxsy 12-02-2014 03:56 AM

The only thing the cashier will tell you is that you can't pay for the card with a credit card. It has to be cash or debit

TonyAlmeida 12-02-2014 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imboxsy (Post 614821)
The only thing the cashier will tell you is that you can't pay for the card with a credit card. It has to be cash or debit

That is normal. Just like to buy money order or cashier check. But some CVS in my area allow to buy it with credit card :) Don't know that the store policy or just the cashier doing it

maxmuscle 05-08-2015 09:29 PM

Got a vanilla mastercard today. It must be registered with our real legal name and SSN for verification by this institution.

I copied and pasted this from the vanilla website.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT PROCEDURES FOR OPENING A NEW CARD ACCOUNT: To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens a Card Account. What this means for you: When you open a Card Account, we will ask for your name, address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify you. We may also ask to see a copy of your driver?s license or other identifying documents.

*When completing the form, please make sure to use your legal name as it would appear on public record.

-----
So we register our card legally.

Then use our VCC number for our amazon account.

Amazon also asks for the card holders name and address.

We only supply our stealth info for the name and address right?

or did I go and buy the wrong card?

Dmshark25 05-08-2015 09:36 PM

You purchased the wrong one, the one you have is a prepaid debit card, that comes with a Routing# and Acct#

You need to get the vanilla GiftCard, you have the Vanilla Debit Card

maxmuscle 05-08-2015 09:57 PM

LOL. Dang it. I'll look for a GIFT visa card tomorrow. Thanks

MM78 05-08-2015 10:00 PM

If it doesn't say Gift Card....it's not a gift card but your right, it can be very deceiving sometimes...especially when you see a ton of them.

Dmshark25 05-09-2015 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxmuscle (Post 667447)
LOL. Dang it. I'll look for a GIFT visa card tomorrow. Thanks

If it was a vanilla Visa Debit which I think you have it's usually a Black Card.

The Gift cards are Silver or Gray color

TonyAlmeida 05-09-2015 12:55 AM

They come in all kind of color. You just need to read the package to buy the right one

Taking The Micky 05-09-2015 05:43 AM

Yes the packet says "gift card"

Productions 05-11-2015 10:06 AM

Can you put more money in the gift card once it is used? If yes, then can it be done online or in store / or both?

And we just register the card with any name (or ⊗⊗⊗⊗) and address to match info on stealth account without any problem?

TonyAlmeida 05-11-2015 10:36 AM

No, you can not with the giftcard

MM78 05-11-2015 10:42 AM

Once a gift card is used...it can't be reloaded.

DigitalCoke 05-12-2015 02:12 AM

Dang it Ah heck, I got the Debit cards!!!

rsot 05-12-2015 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalCoke (Post 668565)

Rough to hear

DigitalCoke 05-12-2015 03:57 AM

Im going to run to 7-11 and see if i can use my new debit cards to purchase the gift cards. i'll post back the results.

GreenBean 05-12-2015 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalCoke (Post 668565)

You need to read more of the forum.

We have had a thread running in the paypal part that would have dealt with your issue.

Good Luck on the quest for the correct card.

:ranger: