Immediate suspension for a stealth account - eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums
eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home > Platform Discussions > Amazon

Amazon Amazon Suspension. General discussions on Amazon, suspensions, suspended, blocked, banned and more. Amazon Forum.

Old 01-15-2015

Activity: 0%
Longevity: 92%
Default Immediate suspension for a stealth account

I have a few stealth accounts doing well, and the setup for this new one was no different. All new IP, tracfone, VCC, BA, etc. The only boo-boo I noticed it that for some reason this account defaults to the amazon.ca orders. I registered the account as a US-based one. Seller support says this is a new "Unified Account" type, whatever. It kind of threw me off when I went to add the bank account info, and the addition failed a couple of times. Maybe that was the trigger.

But I haven't even attempted to list anything yet, and they suspended the selling privileges. The alert says:

Amazon requires that you provide your taxpayer ID info. Your selling privileges have been suspended until the require information is provided. To provide the required info, please start the self-service tax interview.

Essentially, they want either a EIN or SSN. Any ideas? Or should I just dump the whole setup? For future new accounts, would you recommend that I don't add banking info until after I've actually listed items and started selling? Thanks.
The complete step-by-step guide to get back to selling today!

Old 01-15-2015

Longevity: 55%
Default Re: Immediate suspension for a stealth account

Open another ebay account with new details of course, and try out your new suggestion, to not immediately add the bank account, it is always worth trying things out to see what works and what does not then report back here to let us all know
Old 01-15-2015
Threadstarter  

Longevity: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieTosie View Post
Open another ebay account with new details of course, and try out your new suggestion, to not immediately add the bank account, it is always worth trying things out to see what works and what does not then report back here to let us all know
Well, it's amazon accounts... but I do plan to open a few more, sure. The thing is that they shouldn't have suspended the account outright, though. I'm just wondering what went wrong exactly. Because this is not at all a case of account linking, as my other stealth accounts are fine. I've had accounts registered with and without banking info added right away. Somehow this registration got messed up, and my sellercentral panel defaults to amazon.CA orders, and the Deposit Info section showed 2 sets of bank info entries (one for .CA and one for .COM). I had never seen this happen before. The very first panel on the left says Manage Orders (amazon.ca), and there is no way to change that. And that's certainly not normal. I asked seller support to 'switch' me to a US-only setup, and they wrote that it's a .ca & .com unified account, and that I could switch between the two, but I really can't. As far as I'm concerned, this got set up as a Canadian account, while I was going for a US-only account. And since the tax self-interview is a system generated b.s. anyway, there is no way around that. I don't think it's anything to worry about; it could just be one of those weird cases. Just wanted to run it by you guys to see if anyone else has experienced anything like that. You win some, you lose some, right?
Old 01-15-2015

Longevity: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventmma View Post
Well, it's amazon accounts... but I do plan to open a few more, sure. The thing is that they shouldn't have suspended the account outright, though. I'm just wondering what went wrong exactly. Because this is not at all a case of account linking, as my other stealth accounts are fine. I've had accounts registered with and without banking info added right away. Somehow this registration got messed up, and my sellercentral panel defaults to amazon.CA orders, and the Deposit Info section showed 2 sets of bank info entries (one for .CA and one for .COM). I had never seen this happen before. The very first panel on the left says Manage Orders (amazon.ca), and there is no way to change that. And that's certainly not normal. I asked seller support to 'switch' me to a US-only setup, and they wrote that it's a .ca & .com unified account, and that I could switch between the two, but I really can't. As far as I'm concerned, this got set up as a Canadian account, while I was going for a US-only account. And since the tax self-interview is a system generated b.s. anyway, there is no way around that. I don't think it's anything to worry about; it could just be one of those weird cases. Just wanted to run it by you guys to see if anyone else has experienced anything like that. You win some, you lose some, right?
Yes your definitely right there, some you win some you lose, hopefully mostly win with stealth accounts!