eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   I'm a newbie and I got suspended (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/82433-im-newbie-i-got-suspended.html)

somart 02-03-2015 02:13 AM

I'm a newbie and I got suspended

Hey Guys

I'm new here so please bare with my noobieness

I have been selling on Amazon US since this past Nov .. just doing FBA and doing quite well.. XMas treated me well

After Xmas, I decided to start drop shipping on AMAZON Marketplace..

Things were ok but last week was a struggle

I had 6 cancellations and 3 late shipments...

3 cancellations was from one item alone ... 2 cancellation was my lack of awareness to set my shipping preferences on Amazon (shipping to PO Box, shipping to Alaska) and 1 out of stock Item

and 3 late shipments because my supplier lost my packages

Needless to say Friday night came and I got a notification

I still had 5 packages that needed to be processed by my shipper ...

Quote:

Hello,

We are conducting a review of your Amazon.com selling account. During the review, a rolling reserve will be applied to funds in your seller account.

The reserve will be equivalent to your gross sales amount for the preceding 14 days. Based on your order volume, the amount of the reserve may change daily.

When your account balance exceeds the reserve amount, funds will be available per your disbursement schedule.

You can view your account balance, estimated payment schedule, and reserve amount on the Payments page in the Reports section of your Seller Central account (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/...t-summary.html).

Account reviews are intended to ensure the timely shipment of orders and compliance with our selling policies. Please continue to fulfill orders and list only items that you are able to ship by the Expected Ship Date.

You can help with the review process by sending us more information about your business. To do so, click the “Appeal” button next to this notice on the Notifications page in the Performance section of your Seller Central account (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/...fications.html).

To learn more about account reviews, search “Velocity Limits and Account Reviews” in Seller Central Help.

We will notify you by e-mail when our account review is complete.

Thank you for selling on Amazon.com.

Best regards,

Merchant Approval Team
www.amazon.com
Freaking out .. emotionally wrecked ... I replied via APPEAL right away ..

Quote:

We’ve received your appeal

Our Seller Performance team will review your appeal, and you should expect a reply by Jan 31, 2015 11:45:41 PM PST.

Things you can do while awaiting our response:

Confirm all the items you have shipped and provide tracking information.
Update your inventory.
Monitor customer contacts and resolve any customer issues.
Solicit feedback from your customers.

Learn more about how to improve your selling performance.

You wrote:

Inventory management
------------------------------------

I have multiple warehouses in various parts of the country where I store items from close out and clearance sales at major retailers

I have recently upgraded to a more enterprise level of inventory management software and am still learning the reconciliation and goods movement procedures

My items are always in stock and ready to ship from the warehouse with in a couple of business days of the order

Selling history

I am a top rated seller on eBay and have been for almost 10 years

I have had a table at the local flea market for 10 years in NJ where my parents and I have been selling for years

Additional information

I am aware that my cancellation rate is beyond the recommended threshold and I am very apologetic for that

I do attribute that to some rookie Amazon seller mistakes

1. I did not properly set my shipping limitations in the beginning (had to cancel orders because I do not ship to PO Boxes or out of the lower 48 states) which have now been set correctly
2. I had one item that was out of stock that accounted for half of my cancellations (3 out of 6)
3. I did have to cancel one item because it was a freight delivery issue which has since been resolved with the implementation of new settings and my new inventory system

I do have a bad seller ship rating and I am aware of this; I can attribute this to a small issue in my warehouse where a few orders were lost on the way to the shipper and had to go thru an initial trace of lost items

Those learning experiences have been learned and been resolved and have since been fixed with the aforementioned inventory management system so that this issue hopefully does not occur in the future
In hindsight, this appeal probably was not the best written or strategic .. needless to say 2 hours later .. got another notification

Quote:

Hello,

We are conducting a review of your Amazon.com seller account. During this review, your listings will not appear on our site and you will not be able to transfer funds out of your seller account.

Account reviews are intended to ensure the timely shipment of orders and compliance with our selling policies. Please continue to fulfill the orders you received before your listings were removed.

You can help with the review process by sending us information about your business. To do so, click the "Appeal" button next to this e-mail on the Notifications page in the Performance section of your Seller Central account (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/...fications.html)

If you would like to provide tracking information for your shipments, visit the Manage Orders page in the Orders section of your Seller Central account (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/orders-v2/list).

To learn more about account reviews, search "Velocity Limits and Account Reviews" in Seller Central Help.

We will notify you by e-mail when our account review is complete.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com
Foolishly I replied via APPEAL

Quote:

We’ve received your appeal

Our Seller Performance team will review your appeal, and you should expect a reply by Feb 1, 2015 3:27:45 AM PST.

Things you can do while awaiting our response:

Confirm all the items you have shipped and provide tracking information.
Update your inventory.
Monitor customer contacts and resolve any customer issues.
Solicit feedback from your customers.

Learn more about how to improve your selling performance.

You wrote:

Suspended for poor selling performance

I understand that recently our performance as a seller on Amazon.com has fallen below both Amazon's and our own standards of quality. I believe there are two main reasons this has happened:
Disorganization in our inventory management has resulted in late shipments and, even worse, unavailable items.
When late shipments and unavailable items have occurred our response to has been too slow and communication with customers has not been adequateI believe it is mainly because of our inadequate communication that we have recently seen an increase in customer A-z guarantee claims which has resulted in our order defect rate exceeding the performance target of <1%.

Plan of Action: We are taking the following steps to improve our performance:

Improve inventory control by reducing the number of items offered until we have systems in place to more adequately handle the number of orders we are receiving. We currently have reduced the number of items for sale from over 150 to a mere 20 items and will go back toward our model that made us a successful; Amazon seller thru FBA. Rather than expand our model of shipping items from our warehouses to customers, we will move back toward offering buyers our products thru Fulfillment by Amazon.

Most importantly, we will respond more quickly and proactively to any problems with customer orders to keep our customers more informed and help prevent A-z guarantee claims. We will continue to respond to all our customers as we have currently and be proactive in any issues in processing/delivery. As you see during all of our customers inquiries, all questions were responded to the buyers professional and quickly to customer satisfaction. We will continue to offer full transparency and as you can see by our feedback by our customers, we are a fully trusted seller.

In addition, we will more aggressively monitor our performance metrics to assure we are meeting the standards set by Amazon and our own standards of quality customer service. We believe with our significant reduction in items for sale to 20 items, our warehouse will be able to manage the demand by our customers and Amazon more expeditiously.

Suspended for policy violation

Our Plan of Action:
Our inventory file has been reviewed. All misclassified condition items have been re-categorized to follow Amazon's Condition Guidelines. Entire inventory has been deleted from Marketplace to reflect all changes. All of our vendors' inventory will be reviewed before adding to our inventory. Please let us know what should be done to reinstate our account, we are looking forward to hearing from you.

We understand the quality that is demanded by the buyers of Amazon and Amazon itself, we take the advice of Amazon and our customers seriously and in our best efforts to move forward, we will continue the vast majority of our business thru FBA and have reduced our self fulfilled inventory to a manageable 20 items focusing on individual quality. These same items are also available for FBA.

Additional information

We have significantly reduced the amount of items for sale.

We will/have increased our FBA inventory.

Our customers are happy with us as a seller, we stand behind our products and offer guarantees on them.

Our ratings are also high.
Only to get another email ...

Quote:

Hello,

You can help us with our review by providing us with as much of this information as you can:

- How long you've been in business
- The sources of your inventory
- Anticipated monthly sales on Amazon
- The availability of items for shipping
- The address of any retail locations
- Links to other websites where you are actively selling
- Dun and Bradstreet (D-U-N-S) Number
- Tracking information for recently shipped orders

If you have tracking information, please add it to your orders on the "Manage Orders" page in the Orders section of your Seller Central account (https://sellercentral.amazon.com/gp/orders-v2/list). By adding tracking information to your orders, buyers can track orders at their convenience.

If you have not already done so, we encourage you to send a friendly reminder to buyers requesting that they leave feedback on your account. To learn about how to contact buyers, search “Buyer-Seller Messaging Service” in Seller Central Help.

We will notify you via e-mail when our review of your account is complete.

Regards,

Seller Performance Team
Amazon.com
https://www.amazon.com
I haven't replied back yet .. and I have 1 item out of the 5 that Amazon let in left to ship ... I wasn't going to reply untill all my items have shipped out.. which is tomorrow...

BUT Amazon did not leave a place for me to appeal and told me to reply via email ...

My stats SINCE that bad week are good

0% cancellations and 0% late shipment the past 7 days...

however the past 30

4.32% pre fulfill cancel and 9.35% late cancellation

I am pretty devasted by this .. this was a major part of my income and Amazon has about $5k of my funds and probably another $5k worth of FBA product

Is there any advice ? Will replying to their latest request help ? Will I at least get my money ?

As you can see in my replies, I told Amazon I won't sell on the marketplace and just do FBA ...

I don't know what to do .. obviously going stealth is a good idea but is there way to salvage my money or my current account ?

I have perfect feedback

rsot 02-03-2015 11:32 AM

Re: I'm a newbie and I got suspended

Welcome to the forums.

1st question - can you still log into the account?

The whole post indicates a messy account - learn how to operate without link via ghost method.

It is devastating - perhaps worth a good professional appeal letter but that's a lot of info Amazon is asking for

barrycruan 02-03-2015 12:23 PM

i know it stressful but 1st off you should probably calm down.

This is a review not a suspension. Unfortunately you came here late as you should never ever appeal a review. Just let it play out and things are normally fine.

As you appealed and failed they will keep your funds but your account is not yet suspended, it's in review. This normally takes a month on uk Amazon and probably similar on .com

Once you've appealed a review can go either way so all you can do now is give the, the info they asked for and hope for the best.

If they do suspend you however you should get your money back In 90days.

The only time you don't get it back is when they delete your account and when they do that they don't bother giving you warnings or emails.

ilcarletto 02-03-2015 12:53 PM

Wow... welcome to the forum... this is the longest post I have ever seen in here... hope nobody will "quote" it.

Buona fortuna! http://www.midnight-emissary.com/ima...d-shamrock.gif

somart 02-03-2015 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 638162)
Welcome to the forums.

1st question - can you still log into the account?

The whole post indicates a messy account - learn how to operate without link via ghost method.

It is devastating - perhaps worth a good professional appeal letter but that's a lot of info Amazon is asking for

Yes I can still log in

I have completed all my shipments

Just wondering now if I should bother replying to them or just sit tight.

machine1 02-03-2015 05:00 PM

go buy some fast items to sell that is in your possession don't do drop shipping for a month since its disaster build your credibility back up.. Also, You could of marked the items shipped and not provide a tracking number until you found another supplier or get an amazon prime account and buy 1 to ship to your customer. I done this few times and I have never had an issue. Even if you loose money its better loose few bucks than be in a review.

somart 02-03-2015 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machine1 (Post 638266)
go buy some fast items to sell that is in your possession don't do drop shipping for a month since its disaster build your credibility back up.. Also, You could of marked the items shipped and not provide a tracking number until you found another supplier or get an amazon prime account and buy 1 to ship to your customer. I done this few times and I have never had an issue. Even if you loose money its better loose few bucks than be in a review.

I have a whole bunch of stuff in FBA

but what will having a whole bunch of stuff in my house do for me when I'm in review and Amazon has removed my selling privileges.

Having said that, thank you for your advice and I do have stuff that I can sell from my house.

Also... should I bother replying back to Amazons email or just let it be?

RosieTosie 02-03-2015 05:42 PM

Reviews are nothing, mine isn't anyway, I have to wait two weeks for withdrawals after a sale, but have to wait that long to get money out of Amazon anyway, so it means nothing, I can still list and withdraw, what else is there!!

somart 02-04-2015 10:10 PM

So to come to a conclusion on this ..

Should I just not respond to Amazon?

I have sent all my shipments and my past 7 days show as 0 cancellation and 0 late shipment.

somart 02-08-2015 05:46 AM

And the dreaded ..

Amazon has removed your selling privileges. To find out how to appeal this action, Read more

Is there any advice? Should I continue to not respond to Amazons email? Will they eventually release my money?

Superfly101 02-10-2015 02:15 AM

Its up to you if you want the account back. Although, now that your suspended, it will be a b**** to get out of.

littleredengine07 02-10-2015 04:26 AM

I believe the biggest problem with amazon is that your forced to use there FBA service without using there FBA service your pretty much done for. I would wait and see how it turns out and if you ever decide to sell on Amazon again go with the FBA. The FBA cost a little more but will prevent a lot of headaches like this. Also you will have protection on your package if the package got damaged. I have dealt with amazon and its stressful. Not easy beast to tame.
Getting items returned by FBA, damaged products and so on is the cost of doing business with Amazon.
I tried it without FBA I got my account shut down within months to fact is buyers are dicks when you ship it on your own. Although if you use FBA pretty much there is no issues because Amazon takes care of shipment. So if buyer comes back saying its late. Amazon will remove the feedback and say its there fault.
If anything I do FBA right away before anything.

rsot 02-10-2015 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by somart (Post 640044)
And the dreaded ..

Amazon has removed your selling privileges. To find out how to appeal this action, Read more

Is there any advice? Should I continue to not respond to Amazons email? Will they eventually release my money?

Some people have had success in replying with a professional appeal letter - I would just make new ghost accounts and move on...usually 90 days and the money will be in your bank. Decision is yours ultimately

REFLECT 02-13-2015 01:16 PM

Just when Amazon suspend in account is a good option to appeal. His account was only under review. Try to get customer feedback now and just wait for amazon to finish the review. then, just then, if they suspend the account is the time to appeal.

Freshman 07-16-2015 06:52 PM

What if u just sit tight and dont send a ****.. will your account be reviewed like after month or so and closed or maybe reinstalled?

zaidy88 07-17-2015 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freshman (Post 686086)
What if u just sit tight and dont send a ****.. will your account be reviewed like after month or so and closed or maybe reinstalled?

don't appeal, keep your metrics clean and get positive feedbacks. You won't have any problems, after a few weeks, your account will be back online and selling.
But if you get complaints, then you can expect suspension