eBay Suspension & PayPal Limited Forums  
Join Today
Register Subscribe

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Go Back   Home

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums

eBay Suspended & PayPal Limited Forums (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/)
-   Amazon (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/)
-   -   Help with A-Z claim (https://www.aspkin.com/forums/amazon/83004-help-z-claim.html)

Dawidck 02-17-2015 09:57 AM

Help with A-Z claim

Hello,
I'm having a problem with one customer and not sure how to deal with it.
She bought a high value item from me and after 10 weeks messaged me that battery is faulty (it was ok in the beginning). I asked her to take it to repair shop and that I will cover the costs. She than opened A-z claim saying that in view of how long I have had this item surely it should be replaced.
I don't offer any warranty on the items I sell however I said I was ready to cover costs of repair but she turned to be a b***h.

In my opinion claim is invalid as:
"Buyers can file A-to-z Guarantee claims for either of these reasons:

The buyer's order never arrived.
The product received was materially different from what the buyer was led to expect. This covers products that are damaged, defective, incorrectly described, misrepresented, or are missing parts."

Item was working fine for 10 weeks and it could be customer who damaged it.

What, in your opinion, is the best way to answer to the claim?
CHeers

rsot 02-17-2015 10:33 AM

Re: Help with A-Z claim

Well - let the probing begin since you aren't fully describing the details...

What was cost of item?

How old is the battery?

It's VERY tough to fight off such a claim if you have no warranty on it...sadly

Dawidck 02-17-2015 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsot (Post 643228)
Well - let the probing begin since you aren't fully describing the details...

What was cost of item?

How old is the battery?

It's VERY tough to fight off such a claim if you have no warranty on it...sadly

Item cost £150.
It was new when sold

Gamefreak 02-17-2015 10:49 AM

represent your case to amazon let them know that the item is out of warranty but you would like to assist the buyer by buy getting them a replacement battery seeing that is the problem.

Dawidck 02-17-2015 01:10 PM

What about this policy:
"If a product becomes defective after 30 days you won't be able to create a returns label using our Returns Support Centre - you'll need to Contact Us. You may wish to visit the manufacturer's website or contact them directly as they may be able to offer troubleshooting and support with the issue you have with the product. Please see Manufacturer Contact Details and After Sales Service for more information."

Does Amazon honor that when it comes to their item or they do it for other sellers too?

HelpNeeded! 02-18-2015 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawidck (Post 643214)
Hello,
I'm having a problem with one customer and not sure how to deal with it.
She bought a high value item from me and after 10 weeks messaged me that battery is faulty (it was ok in the beginning). I asked her to take it to repair shop and that I will cover the costs. She than opened A-z claim saying that in view of how long I have had this item surely it should be replaced.
I don't offer any warranty on the items I sell however I said I was ready to cover costs of repair but she turned to be a b***h.

In my opinion claim is invalid as:
"Buyers can file A-to-z Guarantee claims for either of these reasons:

The buyer's order never arrived.
The product received was materially different from what the buyer was led to expect. This covers products that are damaged, defective, incorrectly described, misrepresented, or are missing parts."

Item was working fine for 10 weeks and it could be customer who damaged it.

What, in your opinion, is the best way to answer to the claim?
CHeers

Buyers always win. Had an Amazon store doing $2MM+ in revenue and got tired of fraudulent claims. There's literally no way to fight it. Even if you tactfully approach it they still win.

Dawidck 02-18-2015 06:19 AM

Quote:

Buyers always win. Had an Amazon store doing $2MM+ in revenue and got tired of fraudulent claims. There's literally no way to fight it. Even if you tactfully approach it they still win.
Do they just debit your money and let the customer to keep the item?

Dawidck 02-18-2015 07:18 AM

"Claim not granted" :)

They didn't even ask me to replace the item or pay for repair.

jayzpeez 02-18-2015 10:32 AM

congrats!! She got what she deserved!

Blighty 02-18-2015 10:35 AM

Yeah nice to see it go the sellers way for a change

Gamefreak 02-18-2015 04:52 PM

amazon is way better at siding with sellers. I've had quite a few cases won in my favor due to idiotic buyers

eBay King 02-18-2015 07:13 PM

That is so true.

Amz is beginning to finally protect their sellers from all this nonsense and the fraudulent buyer claims.

We have had 6 x A-Z claims not granted in a row just recently. Nuts. Only thing is that why do Amz still add these claims as a defect to the seller metrics? Amz know the claims are false, so why are they added? That needs tweaking by them...